It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder: make every cop a SWAT cop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Bend over or die trying to stand up, is the way our police system is set up. Turning them all into SWAT goons, will make standing up much more difficult in the future.
edit on 23-10-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I just finished reading a Yahoo! column: The militarization of U.S. police forces I'm a firm believer that our Peace officers should not resemble military forces.

I just finished posting a comment on the 13 year old shot by cops referencing: Militarized police overreach: Local law enforcement's often using SWAT teams to do regular police work. The results are frightening -- and deadly

It is about the Mayor who had his door blown away and his dogs shot after picking up a package THE POLICE DELIVERED to his house. He managed, despite LEO protests to get a simple accounting law passed that counted the number of times and for what reasons SWAT teams were sent out. It is the only law like it in the USA.

....the Maryland Governor’s Office of Crime Control and Prevention released the first batch of statistics. They were predictably unsettling. For the last half of 2009, SWAT teams were deployed 804 times in the state of Maryland, or about 4.5 times a day. In Prince George’s County alone, which has about 850,000 residents, a SWAT team was deployed about once a day. According to an analysis by the Baltimore Sun, 94 percent of the state’s SWAT deployments were to serve search or arrest warrants, leaving just 6 percent that were raids involving barricades, bank robberies, hostage takings, and other emergency situations. Half of Prince George’s County’s SWAT deployments were for what were called “misdemeanors and nonserious felonies.” More than one hundred times over a six-month period, Prince George’s County sent police barreling into private homes for nonserious, nonviolent crimes. Calvo pointed out that the first set of figures confirm what he and others concerned about these tactics have suspected: SWAT teams are being deployed too often as the default way to serve search warrants, not as a last resort....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Man I hate Eric Holder. Everything that comes out of his mouth makes me hate him more and more. The man is completely out of touch with how things work in the real world or he just doesn't care and wants to subjugate the population to tyrannical authority... Cops usually arrive AFTER the event in question, what is the point of giving them more firepower and armor if they don't even need to use it?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Has it ever occurred to the rest of you that the actual goal of this Admin. is to force people of the USA into revolt so they can declare martial law, round up and wipe-out all the people on their "HOMEGROWN Terrorist Watch lists"?

The more I read the more this thought goes through my head. Especially with all the ammo the DHS has stockpiled.

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation

As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

As observed by “paramilblogger” Ken Jorgustin last September:

T]he Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.”

These MRAP’s ARE BEING SEEN ON U.S. STREETS all across America by verified observers with photos, videos, and descriptions.”

Regardless of the exact number of MRAP’s being delivered to DHS (and evidently some to POLICE via DHS, as has been observed), why would they need such over-the-top vehicles on U.S. streets to withstand IEDs, mine blasts, and 50 caliber hits to bullet-proof glass? In a war zone… yes, definitely. Let’s protect our men and women. On the streets of America… ?”

“They all have gun ports… Gun Ports? In the theater of war, yes. On the streets of America…?

Seriously, why would DHS need such a vehicle on our streets?”

Now you add in Holders latest....

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Sure seems like something like that is going. Setting the stage for one glorious purging of the curmudgeons.

Foster us vs them, stockpile more ammo than you'd need to shoot everyone on earth, preach to the cops how wonderful they are, hand them armor, tanks and guns.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

You are correct. DHS is trying to Militarize local police. It is already here. At the start of 2012, DHS issued a report entitled “Homeland Security and Intelligence: Next Steps in Evolving the Mission”

Which basically states in part on how to redirect efforts of the federal government from International Terrorism toward Home-Grown "terrorists" and to form a DHS-controlled POLICE FORCE agency that would Control All Cities and Towns through the USE of local police departments.

Homeland Security and Intelligence

In Salt Lake City It's been reported:

"Under the creation of the Unified Police Department (UPD) in Salt Lake City, Utah jurisdictions and municipalities previously controlled by the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office was reallocated to UPD. This became the new police department and eventually the standard for other police departments across the nation."

"The UPD dissolved the Sheriff’s Office and installed a completely compromised police force that was essentially a hired security firm that could be manipulated by federal agencies or acclimated into a national police force in the future."

UPD

And than, We have this guy.

Eric Cantor, Congressional Majority Leader, introduced a bill into the House of Representatives that encouraged private sector “police companies” to replace law enforcement on the State and local level by coercing a new police protection insurance that would tack on a fee to citizens for the use of “police protection”.

Cantor justified this move as justified for having citizens pay for the police to be called to scenes as a “communal service” that is contractual just as any other service or good is paid for. As a customer, the citizen would tell 911 dispatch their insurance information for payment purposes to be billed after the police were deployed to the scene, or services were rendered. Turning local police departments into private security firms that provide services to the public (and Revenue to Corporations) was the scheme behind privatizing law enforcement.

www.yorkdispatch.com...

It's a sad state of affairs. This is what our future looks like. And sadly, it is here.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You mean the police are not military now?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Nephalim
You mean the police are not military now?

This video addresses your question:

Stewart Rhodes of Oath Keepers speaks at CSPOA Convention.

Sheriff Richard Mack: State Sovereignty - Last Line of Defense

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hmm, yea we dont need all that out this way. We're fine thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

unfortunately, it's coming whether you want it or not. I'm in one of the smallest towns in Florida. Deep in the stix. Their here.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

Homeland Security and Intelligence: Next Steps in Evolving the Mission is from Aspen Institute.

A director of the Aspen Institute, Maurice Strong, member of the United Nations Commission on global governance and a heck of a lot more. LINK

The Aspen Institute was founded in 1949, by Aldous Huxley, a Eugenist and FABIAN. (SEE The Hideous Revolution

One of the most outspoken founders of the Fabians is George Bernard Shaw. You can read what they have planned for us HERE

More on the Aspen Institute: One World Religion-The Aspen Institute and the Club of Rome

I strongly suggest googling Maurice Strong, the Fabians, Pascal Lamy to get an idea of what is going on. It does not look good.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

C21H30O2I
reply to post by Nephalim

unfortunately, it's coming whether you want it or not. I'm in one of the smallest towns in Florida. Deep in the stix. Their here.

Yea I'm missing something here apparently.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Recent AMA thread guest Col. John B. Alexander is a big proponent and has written extensively on the subject. Hmmmm....

Important thread. Thanks.

I do agree with the posters, however, who say someone WANTS U.S. citizens to revolt. It's the next step towards Globalization. U.S. has to be taken down for that to happen. Be wise. Be safe.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Thank you, for the links and additional information. I'll be sure to check out the links when I get home. look forward to the read and knowledge.
Star for ya!

CX

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about this quite yet....most police would have to spend some time at Weight Watchers before even attempting anything like a SWAT course.

CX.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Some old buddies got the band back together... i find this song quite suitable... VIDEO IS GRAPHIC! WARNING POLICE BRUTALITY

www.youtube.com...

Using my droid so if someone could please help me out by embedding the video?! Thanks! Hank out

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join