It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot 13 year old carrying fake rifle.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not siding with the cop, but all three gun clubs I belong to have youth groups and man oh man, those kids can shoot!

Hit the youtubs and search it. You'll be shocked how well kids can shoot.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit there.

I rarely side with the Police in cases like these, however this one is different in my opinion. This replica most likely did not have an orange tip on it, they gave this teen multiple orders to drop the gun and he did not comply.

Hopefully someone caught this on video so we can have more answers.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

I think the cops are so used to being the only ones armed out there that they get scared. I really don't know what's going on with these stories. That said, I used to live in a hillbilly area of Florida and had a deputy sheriff once tell me "I can't wait to shoot a ". My jaw almost dropped. I was young at the time and just ignored it. Today, I'd report the mofo. I don't know any bad cops, and I've worked with quite a few of them. They ARE out there though and some have no conscience, compassion, or functional brains.

Now I'm reminded of a guy that couldn't get on the force because he scored too high on the exam. He asked WTF and was told that the test is aimed at 3rd grade level and he was way beyond the level they were seeking. They told him he'd be bored...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My 2 youngest kids are 12 and 14, this baby is just in between them. And kids think things like getting pellet or bb guns to look as real as posisbly to make youtube videos and show their friends. And they don't respond well to cop situations. No kid would ever imagine a police officer would should shoot them either.

THIS IS INSANE ABUSE AND MUST STOP. Anyone who ever harmed one my children would not be happy out and about. I would be in his face day and night he'd dreaming of the suffering he would be enduring for ages after this life, and running to the authorities to turn himself in.

SERVE AND PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN DAMMIT. JUST DO IT BECAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. DON'T GO TO WORK JUST SOLVE THIS CORRUPTION NOW!
edit on 23-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

And I guarantee not a one of those kids is a danger to a cop, period.

Education on guns is key to safety.

Can you imagine the terror a 13 year old would feel being drawn down on by the cops?

The confusion? the Fear?

Adults panic at less, children...

At what point is a cops life worth more than a child? Ill be blunt, thats the job they sign up for Protect and Serve...

its BS unless that means Protect and Serve ourselves.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

muse7
reply to post by JayinAR

Perhaps I jumped the gun a bit there.

I rarely side with the Police in cases like these, however this one is different in my opinion. This replica most likely did not have an orange tip on it, they gave this teen multiple orders to drop the gun and he did not comply.

Hopefully someone caught this on video so we can have more answers.

Muse you inderectly bring up an interesting point,

I hope someone did have it on camera, I don't see why we can spend millions on turning cops into an Army equipped unit.

BUt add a little device for accountability, say badge cam or something...

As long as their are abuses of power by the police, and a blue line that protects them, well I just can't give any cop the benefit of the doubt.

Not anymore, not after my friends brother was shot in the neck while on the floor handcuffed.

AS long as cops will protect one bad one for the sake of all of them... No, they get no leeway.

heres the thread.

Tragedy hits home

My stance on Cops has changed since being on ATS, and not because of ats, because I saw corruption first hand. Two days before this thread, maybe even the day before, I was arguing and defending the police in anaheim.

Protecting cops as just protectors... Next day they shot my friends brother in cold blood, and spun a story, strong armed witnesses, BRIBED people for all their cell phones, and Harassed the family of the victim.

And to be completely honest, it was the deciding moment to get the HELL out of Cali, TO many incidents happen there like this.

Oh wait this one was in Cali as well? imagine that.
edit on 23-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wonder if seeing what the cops saw, might help? It gave me a slightly different perspective and desire to know more.

(Source)

How?? Who?! HUH?!

A 13yr old, in California of all places (for extreme sensitivity to guns of any kind), has THAT in his room to play with and walk out the door with?

I'll be honest here...I'd be MORE certain it was real, seeing it closer, than I would at a distance. I mean the stock even has the simulated metal nubs, rounded down and sanded smooth on cheap 3rd world production AK's. At least that's exactly how it looks at a quick glance.

It's a tragedy and perhaps even a crime. Who is the guilty one though? I'd like to start with who supplied a 13yr old with that rifle outside of supervision? I don't agree with marking toy guns to begin with ..because the LACK of a marking then makes a natural assumption for it being real, and look where that gets us. However, when that IS the state norm and law? Wow.... walking out with that carried in plain view down a street? I'm kinda speechless.

I don't know what I was expecting to see he'd been carrying as a 'toy'...but that wasn't it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree with you 100%... I was just pointing out to the people that say 13 year old kids can't shoot worth a damn.

Didn't mean to try to derail the thread. That cop is a moron and should be fired/imprisoned.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sorry,but the police are trained to NOT fire a warning shot.They are only supposed to draw they're guns when they are in danger,then they are taught to shoot to kill.I asked several police about this and they all said the same thing, on TV shows they cry out 'stop or I'll shoot'. But thats not real life.They tell you to put the weapon down and if you don't do it,they shoot.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

muse7

The officers repeatedly ordered this teen to drop the weapon which he did not, and going by all the recent shootings I really can't blame the officers in this one.

That is why all these shootings are happening. Something evil is doing things to make us lose whats left of our humanity.

It does not matter if it has an orange tip or not. The police had the drop and were behind cover. If they took a little more time they could tell by the way the gun was handled it did not carry the weight to be real. Try it sometime, go to a toy store and have a friend wave a toy gun around, you can tell right away! The police just flat out shot him. They flat out shot that lady in DC.

The peoples reaction? Oh its all these shootings, what were they to do? Oh its all this terrorism what were they to do?

I am convinced something evil has been loosed upon mankind and we are lapping it up.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I wonder if seeing what the cops saw, might help? It gave me a slightly different perspective and desire to know more.

(Source)

How?? Who?! HUH?!

A 13yr old, in California of all places (for extreme sensitivity to guns of any kind), has THAT in his room to play with and walk out the door with?

I'll be honest here...I'd be MORE certain it was real, seeing it closer, than I would at a distance. I mean the stock even has the simulated metal nubs, rounded down and sanded smooth on cheap 3rd world production AK's. At least that's exactly how it looks at a quick glance.

It's a tragedy and perhaps even a crime. Who is the guilty one though? I'd like to start with who supplied a 13yr old with that rifle outside of supervision? I don't agree with marking toy guns to begin with ..because the LACK of a marking then makes a natural assumption for it being real, and look where that gets us. However, when that IS the state norm and law? Wow.... walking out with that carried in plain view down a street? I'm kinda speechless.

I don't know what I was expecting to see he'd been carrying as a 'toy'...but that wasn't it.

I dont know about you, but I grew up in Ca, 90s, in a nice area, I took my BB gun to the park a few times, in a bag to shoot targets with a friend.

I had cops approach me, calmly, smiling, while I held a very real looking bb rifle.

they laughed and told me the rules for discharging fire arms in city limits, they pointed out where I could go to do that.

Even brought me home and talked to my parents about it.

Those days are clearly gone, and its wrong.

Wrabbit? You remember the arguments we had on that thread about the Anaheim riots, how I was gun ho pro cop, and how i reversed my stance once reality smacked me in the face ? I can no longer give any cop anywhere the benefit of the doubt after that incident.

Cops need to be held to a scrutiny level far above and beyond the norm.
edit on 23-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

But thats not real life.They tell you to put the weapon down and if you don't do it,they shoot.

And that's pure insanity.

Protect and Serve doesn't not include a license to shoot first and ask questions later.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Saying that the cops may have been "scared" is no excuse for their disgusting behavior. I don't care if you have a damn Rocket Propelled Grenade launcher in your hands, if I have you in my sights and that thing isn't pointed at me *I* am in control of the situation, not you. In that case it takes only a fraction of a second for me to put an IMMEDIATE end to your life.

Carrying a weapon is a huge responsibility. Our society is completely screwed if we continue to allow Johnny Law-dog to behave like he belongs on the set of the movie Tombstone.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They were shooting kids in the 80's for water guns, shooting kids in the 90's for laser tag, shooting kids in the 00's for cell phones etc....

Cops shoot kids. It's what they do. Whether it's a bright yellow plastic watergun, a scifi styled laser gun that blinks and go "wooo woo wooo wooo" or a cell phone cops will shoot kids.

It's almost refreshing that the kid shot may have actually been holding something that resembles an actual firearm though there arent any pictures so for all we know it was one of those orange rocket-ship shaped squirt guns you get for 50 cents.

Everybody else see the thread about the cop who got fired for shooting a squirrel? Lets see how this kid ranks against a squirrel.

Check the wordplay. Watch it evolve in the same article:

Sonoma County sheriff’s deputies shot and killed a thirteen-year-old boy

Morphing.....

The teen with the gun was reported...

Where'd "boy" go?

After finding the teen there, they called for backup and two deputies ordered the man to drop the gun...

Deputies then discovered that the gun the man had been carrying was a replica...

Funny how quickly a 13 year old boy becomes a man.
edit on 23-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure why they were shooting to kill, especially with the kid not being a real threat. Shoot to injure works well too, legs, below the knee caps, etc.... And just wait, this cop will likely get an award and some dinner to go with it...

Congrats on not doing your "police" work, but going to an extreme, immediately, and killing a young innocent child.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Anyone who is professionally trained to carry a weapon is taught to shoot center mass. Its a lethal shot to the largest area of the body.
Shooting in the knee is for Hollywood.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Dimithae

But thats not real life.They tell you to put the weapon down and if you don't do it,they shoot.

And that's pure insanity.

Protect and Serve doesn't not include a license to shoot first and ask questions later.

~Tenth

The most disturbing thing, people are excusing shooting a child in the streets.

Cops may not be trained for warning shots, but im sure they could of chucked tear gass, pepper spray, or tazer at a 13 year old and managed to safegaurd their own lives.

Risk is part of the job, and Cops have become such cowards they will shoot a child rather than take a risk and save his life.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by jhn7537

Anyone who is professionally trained to carry a weapon is taught to shoot center mass. Its a lethal shot to the largest area of the body.
Shooting in the knee is for Hollywood.

So any time a cop discharges their weapon they should be shooting to kill? I'm not a cop, never been in the military and never fired a weapon so I honestly don't know.
edit on 23-10-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is starting to get ridiculous. The cops will shoot anybody now. To even think the boy has brought this upon himself in any way is just crazy in itself.
Im beyond angry about this, it was really hard to keep getting angry about all of these cases that are getting seriously effing frequent. What Im angry about is that they get away with it. Which leads to why they do it, because they can get away with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have to agree with you Wrabbit. We tend to jump all over cops when it comes to things like this, instead of blaming the person involved. Even if it was a thirteen year old child.

From the pictures I've seen, he looks older than thirteen. Secondly, California is rife with street gangs like the much dreaded Latino MS-13. The kid didn't listen to the police officers, and was carrying two firearms. (For all intents and purposes, they looked like real firearms.)

We also have to realize that the police didn't know the age of this child. There would be no way of knowing until they either got closer (even then it could be difficult) or until they checked his I.D. So his age is a moot point when it boils down to it.

There's also the problem with gang members joining the army to learn how to shoot. Especially in California. I remember reading a report a while back about this and it's increasing intensity.

I'm not defending cops who shoot first and ask questions later. There's been too much of that. But we have to be able to distinguish between those kinds of cops and those who do their jobs, like the officers in this instance.

The cops saw a Latino male (and it's not a stretch to think MS-13) with two firearms who didn't comply with orders. They didn't see a thirteen year old boy with two toy guns.

I have a feeling many here should they have been officers would have done the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join