It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victor Ponta, the Prime Minister of Romania humiliates Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
In a visit in the United States where he hopes to meet as many officials as possible in order to consolidate his image, Victor Ponta, the Prime Minister of Romania is mocking Obama by telling in his official speach that Ponta-care is going to be less controversial than Obama-care. I admire this guy's nerve to go in America and criticise its leaders and policies.

SOURCE

The source is in romanian but google translate would work fine on it.

This visit is a desperate attempt of Victor Ponta to save his skin after repeatedly failing to impose through political means several projects that involve american finance:

Rosia Montana Gold Corporation (RMGC) - A project where Victor Ponta failed to pass a law that was supposed to allow the use of cyanides in the exploitation od the gold resources in one of the most beautiful archaeological sites in the Europe. The project was blocked by massive protests in seevral romanian cities.

Fracking - Chevron was supposed to start the exploration to see that a fracking operation would be viable in Romania. Its plans were devoided by protests both in the cities and in the villages surrounding the exploration sites.

HP - HP is one of the most aggressive foreign IT companies. Through massive corruption of the officials close to the Prime Minister Victor Ponta and others, HP is devalidating the EU funding projects by selling insanely expensive hardware/software solutions to the romanian public institutions in projects financed on public European funds.HP is bribing massively the government personnel by organising through its distributors, conventions hosted in luxurious locations where hundreds of decision makers from government owned entities are hosted in 4-5 stars hotels for free for up to a week, all the food and drinks included.
edit on 22-10-2013 by xxerse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I read the article and can not in anyway shape or form see how the US would be humiliated much less Obama. Considering the last healthcare reform change in 2011 lead to resignations and mass protests in Romania. It would seem to me that he would love it to be less controversial than Obamacare which when compared to what happened in Romania barely had any reaction beyond complaining. Of course Romania has universal healthcare and you how people react when you mess with that.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

In a diplomatic language, if you you go as a guest to beg attention from a greater power, it is not nice to declare publically that you hope your policy wont be as bad as your hosts's. I dont know how you see this but i see it as pure arrogance.

And it is a strategy to bring the public health system to bankrupcy (and here HP has a huge contribution by impleneting in Romania for the last 10 years a Health Care Management System that today is still not functional ) and replacing it with a private health care system so the leaders will be able to cash all the money for health insurance.

So Romania has universal health care on paper. France has it for real, UK has itfor real, Spain has it for real, Thailand has it for real

join