It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little gripe, nothing major.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if this qualified as a change over issue or not, so until told otherwise, I am placing this thread outside of that category to avoid confusion.

As members who use iPads may well tell you, sometimes advertisements which appear in the form of a banner at the bottom of the screen, get in the way of ones normal use of the site. One of the features added to the site in the update, was a very handy "back to top" button. Unfortunately, this great button gets covered up by some of these low banners. Because the low banners track the bottom of the screen, one cannot have them on the same screen as the back to top button, because you cannot use the button as normal with the banner there.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Am in total agreement with the OP. When the ads are banners at the bottom of the screen they tend to wreck my participation in the thread. PLEASE make these go away. I have no idea what the advertisers were hoping for when they developed this code, but I can only guess it was to increase problems through mis-clicks. I don't care what an intrusive ad is displaying, I will not use it on general principle. These ads detract from the ATS experience and I am happy I see less of them these days.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

It's not participation in the thread that concerns me, as much as basic site navigation when using the iPad, and the back to top button. I have never been impeded by advertisements other than those which expand, or take masses of CPU function in order to display properly. This one is just simply in the wrong place.

new topics

join