It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Homer, we made the MSM! Upside down flag.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

mikelkhall
reply to post by aLLeKs

I didn't even take the time to read his threads because they were all in caps.

As for the OP, star and flag. I did the same thing on my farcebook page.

I did the same, I pummeled my FB page for a week solid with all the "news that's fit to print", From the shutdown to the shooting, the self immolation to the Vet's march. I even threw in the Anonymous Million Mask March, all with links and/or pics... I got NADA from those "friends" of mine. One smarta$$ provided me with a link to a story about the self immolation man's family statement via their attorney and then told me to quit fear-mongering and abruptly unfriended me (no loss, but it's the point)!

We are in some serious trouble, our country has gone from sleeping to comatose!!

This is a small action, but for those of us who don't know what else to do, at least it's an ACTION!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's like boiling a frog, it just surprises how hot that water has gotten and yet so many people just sit in the water.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Luckily I have very few friends on farcebook, mainly because I'm picky, and most agreed and shared with me. But if someone felt they could no longer be my friend because of what I posted then, like you, I would not lose any sleep over that loss.

This country is in a lot of trouble and the politicians are not going to fix it so it is up to us "we the people" to somehow fix this mess.

Seems like anyone that is in disagreement with the government goes on somebodies watch-list as a possible threat to the government or a possible terrorist.

I personally don't care how many government watch lists I'm on, if any, in fact I would consider being on one an honor.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Actions vs words...

Turning your flag upside down does far less than talking to people about the political situation.

And, how exactly do YOU start the conversation?! This seems like a pretty good way to kick it off.

(use your head)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Upside flag? That definitely will help!

But only to your business - some people think it should be that way means more customers for you...

That is about it...

If you really like to change anything, go into politics or stand behind politician who represents you and your ideas. Everything else is doing very little to change anything... even if all flags in country change its orientation...

Gratz on your MSM breakthrough...

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
HomerinNC I live in NC and didn't hear anything about this. What part of NC are you in?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by goldenalien

I live in Stanly, I sent it to our newspaper, of course the super liberal newspaper we have here isnt gonna run it lol

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hope this video inspires some ideas in you all, the American flag can be bought and has been bought, as have the people:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

As anti American as the rest of the liberal commie scumbags

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You sound very defensive and as far as I know, there's no anti-Americanism here

More anti-capitalism or anti-business state, if you will.
edit on 24-10-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

talking about the guy in the video
turned it off when he said the flag is just a piece of cloth
sorry, to me ITS NOT JUST A PIECE OF CLOTH!!!!
edit on 10/24/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

How am I not denying ignorance?
I LOVE my flag and my country, that 'piece of cloth' means more to me then alot of other things do.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Hey mate, you didn't even watch the video, if you had then we wouldn't even be having this pointless discussion. DENY IGNORANCE.

Additionally, I can't believe you don't even know who Bill Hicks is, it's people like him that make America likeable.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Like I said I watched up til where he said the flag was just a piece of cloth then I shut it off
Didnt want to hear the rest

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You turned a flag upside down?! How disrespectful! Government takes away freedoms? It's to get the terrorists!!! - sheep logic

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just gained another person to join in our protest.

He drove by my shop and noticed the upside down flag. He said he made it a mile up the road before turning around to find out what was going on. When he came in I could tell he was VERY upset. He looked me straight in the eyes and asked if I knew that my flag was upside down.

I'm not a big guy at all(5'-7" and a buck fifty) and this guy was huge and pissed...

Well, after a 30 minute conversation, he had tears in his eyes and said he was going home to flip his flag in support of this protest. He thanked me multiple times for stopping work to explain my stance and also for doing "something".

The support we've gotten has been 95% positive. Thanks again Homer for starting this. I will not back down from what we started!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Very cool story!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join