It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Homer, we made the MSM! Upside down flag.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
People are more shocked about how it looks rather than what it stands for.

People are more concerned on how their neighbors will judge them rather than how we should judge are lawmakers.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Kudos to you OP for expressing your feelings and making a statement.

Of course there will be those that bitch, moan, complain and .....do nothing about the root cause.

Come election day, no matter how many times they've been hurt or no matter how many changes have been passed that directly affect them, they'll quickly push down that VOTE FOR THIS PARTY button just like the programmed drone they've become.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Good show KawRider. Kudos to you!

I had a UPS delivery guy, last week, standing in my yard, making a very solemn salute to Old Glory hanging in distress, upside down in my yard. He told me he was a Vet, and understood exactly what I meant by hanging my flag the way I did.

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
thats awesome. I've always wanted to do this but never had a chance. I think the flag upside down is a good way for people who feel the same general discontent can help spread that message.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

One of my 9-11 trading cards. We have been in distress for a long long time...

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Star and flag GO HOMER! This just goes to show that one man can make a difference. This makes me smile and fills me with hope. Great news guys!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Most likely, those who complain of a US Flag being upside down don't have a clue as to what it truly represents or disinclined to understand what distress in which we (US) are supposed to be.

I understand, as we all do, the gap of financial diversity among the US population. I'm not saying that the rich don't have problems, but when I see houses that range from $300,000 and up around my location, I feel I can say with a fair amount of certainty that the family in that house has less trouble feeding themselves than I do.

I am a firm believer in relativity, so, I therefore can see how the rich may look at my life and think "He doesn't have the financial stresses that I have." and that would be relatively correct.

So, my point is that my definition of "distress" might offend the Jones' down the road who think that America is just fine. . .because, yes, it's a land of opportunity IF you have the finances to actually be able to afford the risk of the opportunity. For some, everything is just fine. . .for others, it seems the country is sinking into an abysmal cove of fear, uncertainty, and ultimate finality.

People who do not understand why the flag is upside down really need, as the OP states, to hear the side of someone who is feeling the clenches of what appears to be an unfair balance of income, social status, healthcare, and quality of life.
edit on 10 22 2013 by Divine Strake because: because of the wonderful things he does

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

ThinkingCap

Proclaiming the country is in distress is no more disrespectful than kicking a Nazi in the balls.

Keep up the good work.

You, sir, understand the 'nardings". I think our leaders and worlds dark hats wake up many a morning now feelnig a little sore and wondering why.

Good post.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It's ironic how disrespectful you are being to the flag and what it symbolizes and you are saying you are doing it because you love the country.

You are using a national symbol for you to make a petty political statement.

It is disrespectful, many in the comments said the same thing, and it also looks like you will be losing plenty of customers because of a petty statement you are trying to make.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Every one of my customers are repeat customers. I do good work and my repeat customer base proves that. I have had more positive support than I expected.

I honestly thought I was screwing myself over this deal, but said, "it is what it is". This is something that I stand for and will continue to do. I DO love my Country and don't want it to fail. Comments like yours makes me understand why we're in the shape we're in. Apathy is a bi***...

And no, I'm not sorry you're offended.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Wizayne

One of my 9-11 trading cards. We have been in distress for a long long time...

Are those SU-27 Flankers on the card? Russian jets, so patriotic. Giterdun!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Quadrivium

roadgravel
reply to post by chiefsmom

Do what you want with flags. I'm sure it will be the tipping point for major change.

Tipping point?
Brother we are just looking for a real starting point.

That really wasn't serious on my part. We can all revisit this in a month or two and report on the movement it started.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

KawRider9

Every one of my customers are repeat customers. I do good work and my repeat customer base proves that. I have had more positive support than I expected.

I honestly thought I was screwing myself over this deal, but said, "it is what it is". This is something that I stand for and will continue to do. I DO love my Country and don't want it to fail. Comments like yours makes me understand why we're in the shape we're in. Apathy is a bi***...

And no, I'm not sorry you're offended.

A hundred stars for you good sir! *bow*

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Are you serious? We are in distress. We have a tyrant for a president that wont even pledge allegiance to the flag. For real? You couldn't be more wrong. The American people and the USA itself is directly under attack. Last time I checked that was what we flew flags upside down for. If I had one outside it would be upside down as well. I have seen a lot of people support the OP on FB and here. So you are incorrect.

People might not understand right away but they should ask and then he can tell them. Then they will understand.
edit on 22-10-2013 by Pimpintology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

roadgravel
Turn a flag over and hope the government just quits or out of kindness changes it's way of doing business. I think most people know the situation is getting bad. Watch people reelect most of the their incumbent Congress office holders next time out.

Wildfires start with a spark.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Your flag "distress call" is probably the most clear indication of the complete lack of confidence and trust that we can express in regards to our politicians as problem solvers.. I say we because myself and millions more are totally confused also.
confused by the politicians action toward supposely solving the problems of:
a) stopping Obamacare
b) getting government restrictions out of the way toward job creation.
c) re-structioning our tax code to make it attractive for corporations to want to do business in the U.S.

But wait, I forgot the definition of insanty: trying to solve our problems by doing things the same old way with the same old people. hell they are the ones that got things in this mess.

They are so damn worried about what the polls say, how to keep their jobs & benefits, greed, what their parties wants, and how to get their party in control so they can steal even more.
what is good for the nation and it's people are not even being considered.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 26/10/13 by argentus because: converted all caps to lowercase.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

OUR AIRFORCE STOOD DOWN BECAUSE V.P. CHENEY TOLD THEM IT WAS JUST AND EXCERSISE, NO PROBLEM.
CHENEY, RUMSFELT, THE GENERALS ALL SAT THERE AND TWIDDLED THEIR THUMBS.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
People like you give me hope for this country. The fact that there are people who aren't afraid to let their voice be known in the streets. If we fear the repercussions from voicing our opinions, then we aren't free at all, and we are in dire distress.

By the way, Mine is flying upside down now, too.
edit on 23-10-2013 by BigBaronBlood because: Because my flag wasn't upside down yet.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Ohh look, Captain Capslock found the thread
edit on 23-10-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I didn't even take the time to read his threads because they were all in caps.

As for the OP, star and flag. I did the same thing on my farcebook page.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join