It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Homer, we made the MSM! Upside down flag.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+88 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Not sure if this will link to the story or comments. If not, search for "Political statement or disrespect of the flag"...

Channel 31 showed up this morning wanting to hear why my flag was upside down, after several calls complaining about it.

I gave the reporter quite a rant before my Dad took over and went on air with his statement.

Our shop has been flooded with phone calls with the vast majority in support of us. We recieved a call from one local VFW hall and everyone there seemed to support us after our conversation.

My hat is off to you Mr. HomerinNC, you started this and I'm running with it!

It's time for America to unite and this may very well be the start! Hope so!!!

God bless America!

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I like how so many people are "offended" by this. If we are not in distress then I don't know what the hell you would call it. If those who get offended so frequently spoke up as much about what is going on in DC as often as they did in Mary Lou's backyard our situation might not be quite so dire.

S&F for you. We still (for the time being) have the right to take a stand for wrongs done to us. I hope you don't get harassed too much before all the fuss dies down.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Way to go! I read through the comments and it looks like most people are supporting you. Hopefully you don't get too much grief over this.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If we are not in distress then I don't know what the hell you would call it
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think they call it 'Conditioning'.

To the OP, way to go. Hoping it catches on throughout the country.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Ummm wow...
Dunno what to say....

ETA: got a link to the actual story the news is running?
edit on 10/21/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

s+f definitely! The only way to change something is to put it out there for the world to see!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I've googled this with every combo of words you can think of and nothing....

The only story I can find is their(WMBD31) facebook page... Weird huh?

Reporter was here for an hour. Interviewed me for a bit(agreed with every thing I said) and then went to my Dad, who did the video.

We'll see where this goes.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I guess you are counting on it making a big change and fix to our country. I suspect it will do little.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

roadgravel
I guess you are counting on it making a big change and fix to our country. I suspect it will do little.

All depends on how many people follow suit.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Turn a flag over and hope the government just quits or out of kindness changes it's way of doing business. I think most people know the situation is getting bad. Watch people reelect most of the their incumbent Congress office holders next time out.

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
How this will be handled by our Government is simple. They will simply create another new law, that makes it illegal to fly the American flag up-side down. Its how our Government handles dissent, they make it against the law. Wait and see if this takes root or is a failed crop because of Government fertilizer. Mine's been that way since Homers thread, Ive had my neighbors tell me I'm un-patriotic, So I hung my Confederate battle flag beside it, now I'm a racist as well.
edit on 21-10-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You give up? Hope not!

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The media gleefully filmed and broadcast the US flag being burned in public and smiled as they touted the greatness of free speech.

An American citizen flies the flag upside down and it's a freakshow.

I think all Citizens should fly an American flag upside down and at half mast to bring warning about our endangered nation and mourn our dead economy.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Media gleefully films the burning of the flag because the current PTB want to decondition people to the idea of living in a sovereign nation, mentally prepping them for one-world government rule.

Flying the flag upside down is a brilliant way to draw attention to the fact that the country is in crisis, because even the average sheeple on the street will see it and take notice... if only then they start doing even the slightest bit of research, they'll learn the reason why.

Maybe that's too much to hope for, but I'll remain optimistic--because mentally defeating myself and caving in to despair only means that the globalists have already won.

Remember, guys--we stopped the war in Syria. We can stop the further destruction of this country, if we can only get enough people off their couches to start letting their voices be heard.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Proclaiming the country is in distress is no more disrespectful than kicking a Nazi in the balls.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

roadgravel
Turn a flag over and hope the government just quits or out of kindness changes it's way of doing business. I think most people know the situation is getting bad. Watch people reelect most of the their incumbent Congress office holders next time out.

At least it gets people TALKING, that's the point, open dialogue and get a conversation going! How do you expect us to band together to make real change if we never talk about the issues. Without communication there can be no action set in motion to effect change.

There have been two people in my neighborhood who I had conversations (good, meaningful and possibly action starting conversations) because of my flag... both of them veterans, one from WWII and one from Vietnam. After our conversation they concurred with our little movement here!

Change can happen, all we need to do is be that change and outwardly share for others to see.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

IrishCream

roadgravel

At least it gets people TALKING, that's the point, open dialogue and get a conversation going! How do you expect us to band together to make real change if we never talk about the issues. Without communication there can be no action set in motion to effect change.

There have been two people in my neighborhood who I had conversations (good, meaningful and possibly action starting conversations) because of my flag... both of them veterans, one from WWII and one from Vietnam. After our conversation they concurred with our little movement here!

Change can happen, all we need to do is be that change and outwardly share for others to see.

This, this, 100x this.

The spreading of ideas is the only thing that ever really changes the world. And the spreading of a massive resurgence in patriotism is the only real thing that scares the hell out of this corrupt federal government. (This is why control of the dialogue through control of the mainstream media is so vitally important to the current PTB--so long as you can control the facts that people receive, you can essentially control their minds.)

But once alternative media starts throwing out facts that contradict the mainstream narrative, and once people get to talking... they're going to realize they've all been secretly thinking the same things. And once they realize that... they're going to start creating some real HOPE and CHANGE that we the people can all believe in.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Exactly, It has to start somewhere. An action that gets people thinking and talking - questioning. The media doesn't do that anymore so more visible signs of distress might help wake people up.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Maluhia
reply to post by IrishCream

Exactly, It has to start somewhere. An action that gets people thinking and talking - questioning. The media doesn't do that anymore so more visible signs of distress might help wake people up.

You kidding? hell no!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Good to see someone making a difference.

To those who say this statement means nothing. To those who say waste of time. What have you done? Besides trying to belittle true Americans. Actions speaks louder than words.

.POP4LIFE.
edit on 22-10-2013 by Pop4life because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join