It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pumpkin Festival Watched By Police Snipers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Both videos where uploaded to days ago and where taken at the new hampshire pumpkin
festival showing teams of police sniper on the roof tops.

The first is filmed from the ground showing the plain clothed police watching the crowd
and the second was filmed by the out of breath cameraman from behind one of the teams
getting a good look of the rifle they was using.

Activist Post
Why do the police think they need to do this?.
I admit iv never been to the festival so can't say if there is a massive crime problem
but it just seems that everything that the American police do needs to be done with
a lot of firepower or force no matter the situation.

Credit must go to the cameraman for the second film and taking a chance getting
close to the police as they might have not been too nice if they had spotted him filming
them.

edit on 21/10/2013 by skuly because: aggh spelling

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Heck you never know Keyser Soze may have been at the fair wanting some pie and the cops were following him....maybe

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Well, the map of the place taped on the wall is a sign that they meen business. They must have been tipped off or heard through the surveillance grape vine that something was going to happen. Who knows, but I do give the camera guy/girl some mad credit for being a slueth lol. That was pretty awesome.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Breaking news just in.
Today a terrorist attack by a gang of ruthless pumpkins was thwarted when police officers shot all the pumpkins on site.
A police spokesperson said "If you see a suspicious looking pumpkin please report it"

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Thisbseth
reply to post by skuly

Well, the map of the place taped on the wall is a sign that they meen business. They must have been tipped off or heard through the surveillance grape vine that something was going to happen. Who knows, but I do give the camera guy/girl some mad credit for being a slueth lol. That was pretty awesome.

Maybe they where waiting for something but everyone could see them so not really
a undercover operation even if they where out of uniform.

Sorry monkyboy i had to google Keyser Soze as i had no idea who that was
but i think i get it now

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just want to throw this out there, on the side of the cops/public.....
Maybe with all the news (although not msm) of the "knockout game" and similar activities they just wanted to be proactive in case a couple of urban youths decided it would be fun to terrorize what looks like a nice family event.

They seem to be somewhat clandestine. Don't have their weapon up on the parapet wall... just observing.

I'm no weapons expert but that looked serious but perhaps it fired a non-lethal round? and in that situation I really think I would be OK with a couple trained officers,with the best intentions, watching over my kids safety with a high powered rifle

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm gonna guess they weren't cops but Military? I wonder if they might be doing a security detail. Very odd indeed!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

tinner07
Just want to throw this out there, on the side of the cops/public.....
Maybe with all the news (although not msm) of the "knockout game" and similar activities they just wanted to be proactive in case a couple of urban youths decided it would be fun to terrorize what looks like a nice family event.

They seem to be somewhat clandestine. Don't have their weapon up on the parapet wall... just observing.

I'm no weapons expert but that looked serious but perhaps it fired a non-lethal round? and in that situation I really think I would be OK with a couple trained officers,with the best intentions, watching over my kids safety with a high powered rifle

That is why we're in the situation we are today. Wouldn't say that if they missed with that high powered rifle and accidentally popped one of your kids. I'll protect my children...no help needed from big bro.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

It was a Great Pumpkin false flag exercise!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Keene NH????

Good Grief that is in the middle of NOWHERE! I have lived in that general area and it is like dirt roads, mountains...

Keene has a population of 23,000 (9,000 households). Not exactly Boston or NYC.

It is the site of Keene State College and Antioch University New England., so students make up over 1/4 of the city's population.

Maybe they expected problems from pumpkin bashing college students. The event is famous and gets over 80,000 people from all over. SEE WIKI

All I can think of is they are nervous after the nearby Boston Marathon Massacre.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ummmmmm...... maybe a dumb question here, but why are they assumed to be cops? Nothing in either video pointed to that. I hope someone had the brains to call the cops and report them. Those could be guys getting ready to go on a rampage......
edit on Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:32:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
People are beginning to accept and desire the police state. The Pumpkin Festival is a good example.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
So instead of patrolling officers on the street, they resort to plain clothes snipers?
From the rooftops?
WITH BARRETT .50 CALIBER SNIPER RIFLES?
Are you kidding me?
What is this...the Afganistan opium valley? Seriously, that is just overkill. A .50cal does NOT forgive nor does it ricochet! It will penetrate more than one person and through concrete block. I would have to say that whoever staged these guys has more to worry about than a festival.

I mean come on! A simple 7mm or .270 would suffice for protection...
IF WE WERE AT WAR!

This is a small town with a fall festival!
This isn't a warzone!
So apparently the people can't protect themselves?
From pumpkins?

Something smells fishy...

un-freaking-believable!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Yeah really. shooting a rifle into a crowd seems like a great idea, don't it..... Hell, my AK can cut cinder blocks up, never mind my "bigger" rifles. It's way too much chance for "collateral damage" here....

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

i have a friend that lives in Keene, and although a small town, Keene has a huge libertarian "freedom lovers" activism type movement going on in that town. an attempt to make Keene and NH a sort-of, stronghold state for Libertarian ideals according to the wiki page.
its actually one of the reasons why my friend moved there.

en.wikipedia.org...

freekeene.com...

im a long time lurker, and i dont post much, never opinions, only when i have real world info to share that pertains to the topic at hand.
but i could see the "activist" community in Keene being the reason why they have increased surveillance..the groups there tend to turn community oriented events like this into heated (but civil) protests.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

dirtycrickrat

but i could see the "activist" community in Keene being the reason why they have increased surveillance..the groups there tend to turn community oriented events like this into heated (but civil) protests.

That is the excuse used by Keene when they wanted to get an armored vehicle for the town. And the excuse Concord used when it wanted one.

Apparently police think libertarians are all violent psychopaths. I've yet to see any evidence that they are but the police are on record claiming they need all sorts of equipment and guns and power to combat them.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by skuly

All I can think of is they are nervous after the nearby Boston Marathon Massacre.

Shooting at bombs from rooftops is a great way to make people safe.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

We are ALL Keyser Soze! And guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
seems a bit over the top.

new topics

top topics

join