It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police were just here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Maybe you're being investigated because of your presence?

You're aware the government is monitoring right? Most every American's correspondence from website visits to every piece of email - and mail- to being scanned for facial recognition and whereabouts 24/7 projects from social networks as well as drivers license, street camerica and IP & GPS tracking.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Woops

I meant presence HERE, of course

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by intrptr

Weird, I do not remember writing this O.P. - I just logged back onto A.T.S. it seems like a magically condensed and more coherent version of the other, more involved thread I wrote. I'll go with it though.

So you remember it now. okay... why don't you link the other one? It might help others to understand...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Yeah I know, things are not adding up right now, there is some kind of bigger picture, although I honestly don't know what it is -

It is one of those things where I can tell there is a bigger picture but have no idea what it is. It probably involves something I have no idea of. It could even involve my room-mate C. The police would not tell us what they were arresting him for.
edit on 20-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

intrptr

So you remember it now. okay... why don't you link the other one? It might help others to understand...

Thank you, sir.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hey at least things stay exiting

On second thought...

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Same thing happened to me one time. I went to a court date that appeared on my ticket and my name was not on the docket outside the door. Down stairs at the window they said that I had a warrant because I missed my court date last week. I showed the ticket to the clerk at the window and she told me to go into any court room in session and wait quietly until all the other cases were heard.

The judge then asked me why I was still there and I showed him the date on my ticket (that day) and told him about the warrant. He struck the warrant right there, (sort of) apologized and had his clerk there in court issue me a new court date on the spot. There was no increased court fees or any failure to appear.

Thats how you should handle it if the same thing happens to you. Unless somebody is forgetful there in the paperwork loop, it is pretty rare for that kind of thing to happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Riffrafter

darkbake
reply to post by intrptr

Weird, I do not remember writing this O.P. - I just logged back onto A.T.S. it seems like a magically condensed and more coherent version of the other, more involved thread I wrote. I'll go with it though.
edit on 20-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Seriously?

Has your browser been open between OP'S? Multiple tabs?

Maybe you started this one, then ended up starting another one on this topic which you posted but your original (now this OP) was still sitting there and was then posted by you accidentally or inadvertently?

Jeez...now I have deja vu AND a headache...

Let us know if you figure it out.

That's what happened, I think. Browser with multiple tabs and I started the story twice a few hours back and just went back to this tab.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

It seems that after months of pain staking research, diaper frisking and urine tests.
The only conclusion I can reach is the one I had in the first place.

You have some how become the interest of, " The Dream Police ".

When ever the cops ask me, " Why are you nervous ". I tell 'em straight out.
Because since coming in contact with you. My chances of being maced,
clubed, tazed and shot just went up 500%.

These are my personal findings, your own may differ depending on
whether or not you view the world wearing rose oolored glasses.
edit on 20-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
you know i think it's kinda funny cause, you posted this thread a at 6:08 PM my time,
and you your first thread at 3:27 PM this after noon. it's now 7:02 PM my time.

so you had to write a new thread after the first one. time slip? to many tabs open, to much of what you got a busted for was this morning or yesterday who knows.

any way what i said in the first thread,

if he was convicted of DUI, order to do community service, didn't turn in paperwork.
his probation officer might have violated him. i know they can do this cause when i got mine, i missed paying one of the costs for one of the required classes they send you to, and my probation officer threaten to violate me if i didn't pay it that afternoon. i had to run and go dialing for dollars to raise the money.

as for them coming in, if they had a warrant for him they could come in. and go to his room and eyeball all that's in sight throughout the whole house.

as far as your room not real sure about that, but i think that they would have the right to search until they find him.

if they say they smell something it is a probable cause, happens all the time when they pull people over.
you could have refused, but they could have got a warrant and waited for it to get there and cuff you and watched you while they waited.

edit on 20-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
As you get older you realize that it is alot easier just to not get yourself into "situations".

If you do not realize it then, you are probably the reason for the situations.

Believe you me that I have been there friend.

Lj01 has a wrap sheet like a book.

I have since learned that if you dissconnect yourself from "friends" that don't take care of their poo and don't give the popo any reason to knock on your door or pull you over, your instances of "run-ins" falls dramatically.

But hey what do I know.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

|'m medically retired off of The Job from Ca. | got injured while assigned to Special Investigations (narcotics, vice, You know fun stuff) | also read the other thread... Are You the One w/the roommate who had the DUI w/a couple FTA's mixed in ?? (FTA= Failure To Appear)

| don't want to 'Monday Morning QB' but | will certainly call a 'spade' a shovel. After reading both "This" and "That" |'m trying to figure it out but in the stead |'ll type this, which | learned in the police academy while studying The Constitution and various things named "amendments" "You can't look for an elephant in a shoe box"

If | can figure out what happened |'ll try and find 'that thread' but will leave You with yet another gem... From the 1982 film classic "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" when 'Brad' played by Judge Reinhold get's fired from All-American Burger™ while new trainee 'Arnold' hides from an unruly customer and Brad gets fired from the store mgr. Dennis "| hope You enjoyed Your piss Arnold" as He storms out of the place...

Until then remember "You have the right to remain silent" (Miranda)

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Sk8ergrl

MidnightTide
The entire we are going to search because we smelled something is a load of garbage, just intimidation tactics.

edit: Oh, you did have some....LOL

Would have stepped outside, closed the door and asked to see the warrant.
edit on 20-10-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

If you tried that here in the UK you would be arrested for " suspicion of illegal drugs " the cops here only needs a suspicion then they can arrest you and search your property without a warrant.

They need decent grounds to be able to suspect possession of illegal drugs and arrest you and then they can only search recently visited premises you have visited if they have strong suspicion that illegal contraband will be located their also.

But your right in a sense, they will take a mile if you give them an inch.

By law they can only search for things related to the suspected crime you are committing

Police can only enter premises without a warrant if a serious or dangerous incident has taken place.

Situations in which the police can enter premises without a warrant include when they want to:

deal with a breach of the peace or prevent it
enforce an arrest warrant
arrest a person in connection with certain offences
recapture someone who has escaped from custody
save life or prevent serious damage to property.
Apart from when they are preventing serious injury to life or property, the police must have reasonable grounds for believing that the person they are looking for is on the premises.

If the police do arrest you, they can also enter and search any premises where you were during or immediately before the arrest. They can search only for evidence relating to the offence for which you have been arrested or to some other offence which is connected with or similar to that offence, and they must have reasonable grounds for believing there is evidence there. They can also search any premises occupied by someone who is under arrest for certain serious offences. Again, the police officer who carries out the search must have reasonable grounds for suspecting that there is evidence on the premises relating to the offence or a similar offence.

Source-Citizens Advice
I hope that in past circumstances you haven't had your rights or anyone you know took for granted, it boils my blood when those of power abuse their ability. I have seen too often discrimination used as a reason for suspicion against civilians, it's just wrong on all levels.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Please post about this topic in the earlier thread:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join