It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are all the town cop cars now black?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Two things of note, I am in Southern Ontario and obviously am not an American citizen nor a police officer.

Our city here is in the process of changing over from the Crown Vic to the Chargers.
The Vics were white with decals, the Chargers are now mostly black with a splotch of white on them.

Link is here www.google.ca... 024&bih=631 and the first photo on the top is the new cruiser and the next one on the right is the old one.

Secondly I agree with lots of posters here that the uniforms have gone to the dark side.

Black everything and most intimidating that I can attest to.

I had a tree trimming company over in the spring and my one neighbour protested the fact that I was trimming his huge pest tree that had grown at least 25 feet over my house and driveway.

Anyways you can guess the drill, he called the cops and they showed up in their black cruisers and bullet proof vests.

They explained to my "Pain in the ass" Neighbour that I could certainly trim his trees.

The peeve off was that they came to my door and asked for ID all the while posturing with their hardware and attitude.

You Americans are not alone, it has crossed North of you as well.

S&F
Iwinder

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

I spent the past two weeks at Covered Bridge Fest in Indiana and Homeland Security agents (despite the government shutdown) were here in force raiding all of the booths with counterfeit items such as North Face jackets, ug boots, purses, etc. I asked a couple of them what it had to do with Homeland Security and they said that these operations fund terrorism. The raids even made the news around these parts. And to think DHS was originally supposed to be a liaison-type agency coordinating intelligence efforts between all the other alphabet agencies. Now, they have a national police force doing all kinds of operations including raiding little old craft shows for knock offs. I always thought that would fall under FBI jurisdiction...whatever happened to those guys?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

What is the easiest way to get in weapons, vehicles, high-tech electronics, and armor into rural areas in case the govt needs to step in a use them against their people?

The answer?

Give them to the local authorities with the condition that at any point the military may step in to seize/use them.

People are easy to ship in, but all the rest of that stuff aren't without making people turn their heads and ask questions.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Laykilla
This isn't true...

El wrongO, Yes it is.

It was regular squad cars that were called Black and Whites... why? Because New York police were black and white cars.

Yeah, "were", like back in the 60's. Out here in San Francisco they were black and white back then too. NYPD has white patrol cars with blue stripes, or blue with a white roof anyway, as well as back in the 70's and 80's. Now, I have seen a few present day West New York police cruisers that were black and white, but far from the norm.

Cape Coral Florida has always had white police cruiser with blue lettering. A few months ago they got a whole new shipment of cruisers.... You guessed it, all Chargers, and all black and white.

Maybe now, but they were not always black and white. Highway patrol however, always have been black and white, though I have seen just white ones with gold lettering out here in California as well.

The standard police cruiser is a dodge charger with a hemi here....That's not normal....

Yeah we have a few of those here in the town I live in, though not black and white. In the 90's they had a few Ford Mustangs.

What I am saying is that the phrase Black and Whites was meant for Highway Patrol, that's why Burt Reynolds screamed into his CB radio to Jerry Reed in Smokey & The Bandit "I got uh black and white on my tail!". Well, he wasn't driving in the city, he was rolling down the interstate highway.

But earlier, He said "I have a Smokey in my rear view mirrior", which was Jackie Gleason, a Sheriff.

Thus we have, Black and White = The Highway patrol.
~$heopleNation
edit on 21-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Black is sharp. Looks policeman like. My town just bought new ones and they are white. I've seen white state trooper cars, too, which used to be gray.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

StargateSG7

liejunkie01
I thought there was something up with the new cop cars.

Bankrupt country spending money like its going out of style.

They are preparing for the unprepared folks.

Don't be one.

---

It's the SAME THING UP HERE IN CANADA!!!!

In Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada, a TRULY SMALL TOWN
only 20 miles away from a MAJOR metro area the size of Seattle,
ALL the cop cars were recently replaced with the NEW Black and
White Dodge Charger performance vehicles with an uncharacteristically
Wild-West Sheriff's Badge treatment to them which is SOOOO unCanadian!

Originally, the old cop cars were all Blue and White in the traditional
police livery BUT nowadays they seem more ominous and threatening.

EVEN the uniforms were changed over from traditional small-town police blue
to MILITARY/SWAT Team black cargo pants and very military almost NAZI-like
BROWNSHIRT-style black tops which are very intimidating. I grew up in this small
town and the change in uniforms, cars AND behaviour has gotten very Fascist,
and military-oriented with a decided orientation towards SHOW-OF-FORCE tactics
and looks which I find ABHORRENT!

It's ALL because of TV, Media and even modern war-fighting which have recently
emphasized that WE (the People!) ARE THE ENEMY CIVVIES and they (the cops)
are the overwhelmed small fighting force when in reality is EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE
with a FULLY MILITARIZED POLICE having FULLY TRAINED OVERWHELMING FORCE
available for use against an under-trained and ill-equipped public.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP! The police are NOT the Military...!!!
They are the PUBLIC's servants charged to QUIETLY and proactively
keep only the order necessary for general peace and only mild direction/correction
in our communities. They are NOT TO BE standing armies kept in waiting
for MAJOR battles at their whim and call.

A Founding American Thomas Paine said it correctly that freedom
is an ANIMATED CONTEST and that our society SHOULD NOT BE
a bland and banal tranquility of public servitude.

It is a SAD DAY when a frightened public has been COWED into such
Tranquil Servitude by a publicly funded Military force designed to
serve POLITICAL MASTERS rather than the General Public.

NOPE! We need to GO BACK to 1790 where the monarchy was fully disavowed
from public life by the signing of the U.S. Constitution which gave POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
And that means AMERICANS (and Canadians too!) need to ABOLISH these military forces
masquerading as police from our cities and towns. Ideally, the PUBLIC should police itself!

While a DEBASED and almost-Immoral public has CONTRIBUTED GREATLY to this
rapid escalation of MILITARY-LIKE FORCE within civilian life, I do believe the FIRST
item on the public agenda is DE-MOBILIZATION to more neighbourhood-oriented policing.

From there, some tough-love PARENTING could put a big dent in the local crime problems
which TEND to be highly youth-oriented. These crime problems only SEEM to be insurmountable
but I say FAR TOO MANY community members (and PARENTS!) offloaded THEIR JOB of RAISING
MORAL and DECENT human beings OUTSOURCING parental duties en-masse without regard to
future consequences. The "government" TRIED to take on a job which SHOULD BE a LOCAL one
(i.e. HOUSEHOLD matters) and said overwhelmed "government" used the only thing it has
at its disposal....public money!.....to use for purchasing OVERWHELMING FORCE
to TRY and change human nature at a mega-scale! (an IMPOSSIBLE task!).

All we get now out of this BAD IDEA is a runaway freight train where the COPS
feel they have no choice financially but to cede to higher political powers and
thus the ever rising escalation of us-vs-them mentality just to save their JOBS!
It's a spiral downwards which will end very badly and pretty soon as the greater
public gets FED UP with this ever-greater police militarization and intimidation.

I blame bad parenting, a banal and debased media culture, simple greed,
and the desire for AN EASY LIFE for this sorry mess we are in because we
allowed a few rotten apples to spoil the entire barrel. I'm afraid we got
seduced into wanting and eating nothing but sugar...and now we must
deal with a society-wide case of figurative AND literal rotten teeth,
slug-like behaviour and life-shortening diabetes!

I little more self-discipline early on with an ounce of prevention
could have saved us from having to apply a body-pounding cure
to get us out of this society-wide mess of debased home life,
debased government and a culture of me-me-me!

Here in Manitoba, Canada, they have gone to black and white cruisers but the unmarked cars are all still white. The supervisor cars are all the new streamlined suv's with the cattle movers on the front.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

HAARPwatcher

What is the easiest way to get in weapons, vehicles, high-tech electronics, and armor into rural areas in case the govt needs to step in a use them against their people?

The answer?

Give them to the local authorities with the condition that at any point the military may step in to seize/use them.

People are easy to ship in, but all the rest of that stuff aren't without making people turn their heads and ask questions.

Well said.

There are always going to be people thinking this is all ok, standard procedure, normal protocol, equipment upgrade, technical replacements, etc etc.

Just wait until all the chess pieces are positioned correctly and checkmate, nothing can stand in their way.

Honestly, if you guys want to do something, it has to be now. It's taking the GOVERNMENT this much time to piece everything together for a take over, do you guys really stand a chance to piece something together when it comes beating you the faq down?

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Great line by the Colonel in the video:

"There is always free cheese in a mouse trap."

But theres never free cheese In a mousetrap.

The person baiting the trap mast aquire the cheese he buys it .

That costs money

Or admittiidly he or she could steal the cheese but that s also comes at the cost of moral fibre an might even cost you a criminal record an arrest.

Or if in times gone by a peasant had a cow he churned milk from his cow .

Made butter swapped it for some cheese to feed his Family an a little to spare to bait his mousetrap.

That cheese has cost him time labour energy nothing free there .

An then the mouse comes into play for him the cheese is most expensive off all of above .
The wee mouse pays the ultimate price .

He pays with his life.

He pays with the loss of his life.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Daedalus

gardener
Milcons wear black shirt with tan jeans, typically

And their vans typically, Black too.

no they don't...

have you even SEEN a contractor in the flesh?

cargo shorts or pants, ball cap, shades, t-shirt, lined flannel shirt as a coat,
hiking boots. (balaclava, a knife and a Carlos Slim in pockets)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
question is...

what can we do about it..

seriously .. this has been on a steady ramp since 9/11.....have any or all the riding motorcycles and semi-trucks done anything to change anything ??? no .. IMO ...

legislature ? get new reps and senators .. no .. they will be bought off .. TEA party(s).. no.. they'll be infiltrated in a heart beat just like the current one has..

if you seriously follow the rabbit hole.. long enough .. you will see the end game ..it ain't pretty but we do have each other..

is it check mate or stalemate .. ?

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Maybe all the cop cars are going black, maybe they're not, but the militarization of state and local law enforcement is a harsh reality. Podunk towns in the Midwest, where the most serious crimes all year are a couple of stabbings are getting BEARs, body armor and assault rifles. It happened in my home town, and even our Obama-loving liberal newspaper columnists were like..."Uh, this is kind of fascist."

Something's brewing. In the immortal words of Gene Hackman in Crimson Tide:"You don't put on a condom unless you're gonna f@#$!"

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

HanzHenry

Daedalus

gardener
Milcons wear black shirt with tan jeans, typically

And their vans typically, Black too.

no they don't...

have you even SEEN a contractor in the flesh?

cargo shorts or pants, ball cap, shades, t-shirt, lined flannel shirt as a coat,
hiking boots. (balaclava, a knife and a Carlos Slim in pockets)

ok, so now we know what you wear daily?

what does that have to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Good vid, those studies have been done over and over, and in fact our whole history you could consider an all inclusive study in human psychology, and it shows with an overwhelming percentages that yes its all pretty much the same results over and over again if people are put in certain circumstances no matter who they are. And like the guy in the vid said, the line between evil is a permeable thing, it changes all the time, sometimes overnight in the blink of an eye. Or like somebody once said, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

There are so many definitions of evil that it has become practically a joke, yet its a very real thing. The dude in the vids definition of evil being --> Evil is the exercise of power, to intentional hurt people psychologically, hurt people physically, destroy people mortally ie death, and commit crimes against humanity. Which goes a long way still from evil being some sort of mysterious force. Which it is not, in that situation and a majority of historical events it was exactly that.

You factor in some things. First nature and its cumulative effects, when a cog in a mass reaches any sort of peek it breaks off from that mass reaching its own orbit. Of which is not that far from human nature which has shown time and time again that when somebody gets any sort of power, they tend to think and act that they are above even that which gave them there power ie the group. In fact a study in evil just may be comparable to a study in thermal dynamics because even in forces of nature you will find the same sort of things happening.

But anyways, when you factor in humanity's almost drone like habits to follow the heard and pass on responsibility and absolution to the group or leader or ideology even to an imaginary sky being or beings, of which is shown that even simple things like a unilateral dress code and ritual would change the whole outlook and mentality of an entire group of people, and this ain't theory its fact as history has shown time and time again. So yes when the police starts wearing the same black clothes, driving the same black cars and armor plated hummers, gets there gear from all the same place, there training from all the same place ie military all for intimidation purposes and various other undisclosed purposes.

And though there needs to be some sort of code of dress and conducts its pretty obvious that there is a very thin line between that in its intentions in its real final outcome. Like the op's vid of the former military personnel now turned officer said. What is going on is what is called war tactics, which have been shown and proven to work all over the world, and in all kinds of nations that exist now or existed in history. Iraq and the militarization there being the least of it. So yes you could say that clothes do make the man, and especially if such tactics are employed on mass coupled with the fact that humans are in there own way heard like instinctive animals which has been ingrained in everybody for thousands if not millions of years. Well then, even something as simple as wearing the same clothes and forming a unilateral approach to things, and mentality, has an almost a trance like effect among a group of peoples no matter who they are, or what were or what social group they come from, power, corruption, and evil seem to be permeable things.

And lets just say. What I mean! Are people really surprised that if, all you have are hammers every problem will start looking like a nail? And the nail that sticks out gets hammered. So yes your theory could very well end up a reality, or it could not. And it all is just a matter of certain circumstances coming into play, and in many ways its all left at the mercy of chance.
edit on 26-10-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join