It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Scenario For The Future World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
Well I guess that since your're telling people why they should learn how to read and write thats better than the gung ho approach I see many people talk about nowadays. At least you're not looking at the world from the barrel of a gun.

I have five brothers who were all military so they somehow think I should watch military shows with them. But after watching these shows, it left me with the impression that brains beat brawn every time. No matter how strong a person is, someone will outsmart them. It's useless to attempt any sort of revolution if you don't even know the capabilities of the side you are revolting against.

Remember Pol Phot, he had all the intellectuals and educated people rounded up first and killed, but someone smarter than him finally got him. So yes, intellectualism and education are the two primary necessities for any successful civilization.

That's why propaganda is so effective, people who don't know because they are uneducated, are the most easily swayed. And this is where they get you, they outsmarted your quasi-intellectualism that is based on quasi-self-fulfillment. That's how Hitler operated, by making it seem the Jews were the problem by throwing up false information that people who were not educated fell for. It was not the professors throwing rocks into store windows, it was the uneducated masses. The professors were busy creating the propaganda.

We have the same thing here now. Propaganda spewing out of every college campus and high school, but the students are not being educated outside of propaganda, they can tell you about marijuana and gay marriage, but do they pick up books to read for their own benefit? I worked as an English tutor in a liberal arts college, I can most assuredly tell you no, in fact, they didn't even read their own textbooks.

The world they live in has made it possible for them to not comprehend tomorrow's worst case scenario.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

dollukka
reply to post by TDawgRex

When people start to die in masses who will bury them...

Probably very few people would do so after a while. But you should not do mass burials. Digging a pit and then burning them is more efficient. Afterwards you can cover them up.

I know it sounds cruel, but it goes a long way towards preventing disease.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I couldn't agree more. As a high school English teacher, I can see first hand how the media has ruined the ability for our students to think critically.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think you've hit the mark. My husband ad I are always talking about how the younger generation(even people our age) don't know how to do things the simple way anymore. We don't always make our own bread or chop our own firewood...but we know how! Most people don't. Heck, how many people know how to cook at all? When I go to the store I am always amazed at all the convience foods people are filling their carts with.

In not sure what you mean about Amish protection. Most of our neighbors are Amish and they're armed to the teeth.

My best friend teaches 5th grade at a private school. Every year at Christmas...all the kids come back with new iPhones. About a week into school after Christmas break she has to threaten the kids with talking to their parents about taking their phones away because all of a sudden all their essays have "U" and other text short hand. So, all the technology is definately making people lazy.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

nikkib0421
I think you've hit the mark. My husband ad I are always talking about how the younger generation(even people our age) don't know how to do things the simple way anymore. We don't always make our own bread or chop our own firewood...but we know how! Most people don't. Heck, how many people know how to cook at all? When I go to the store I am always amazed at all the convience foods people are filling their carts with.

In not sure what you mean about Amish protection. Most of our neighbors are Amish and they're armed to the teeth.

My best friend teaches 5th grade at a private school. Every year at Christmas...all the kids come back with new iPhones. About a week into school after Christmas break she has to threaten the kids with talking to their parents about taking their phones away because all of a sudden all their essays have "U" and other text short hand. So, all the technology is definately making people lazy.

It bugs the heck out of me when I read the improper usage of their, they're and there. Every time I read that, it feels like my eyes are being stabbed. I think this way, if someone doesn't care enough to use grammar properly, then they don't really care about what they are communicating in the first place. You used their correctly, you and I are probably the last generation to do this.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I almost had a panic attack because I thought you were talking about me! Before I finished your response I went back and reread mine 5 times. Ha! I guess I should of finished reading your reply first.

You are right, though. Grammar and spelling mistakes are a mark of laziness in my book.

P.S. I did make a couple of mistakes up there due to posting from a smart phone. Auto correct! No home Internet in the sticks...

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Most of my life even now has been spent preparing to joining the army. I've been taught how to fire weapons, use explosives and survive in the bush. The sad part is that this was a part of my childhood. All that learning of how to kill other people made me pretty much an outcast when I went to school, most of the kids were scared of me just because I was basically in a government funded group that taught teens and kids all this stuff preparing us to be these skilled fighters. You can imagine never having to get into schoolfights because some bully who knows what you're training for is to cause severe harm towards others. Hell I never once harmed anyone. But well fear is a very powerful tool.

Anyway the point being you're idea is more prefrable than the idea of the horrors of war that senators continue to fund and follow. Education is the key to survival.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join