It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Possible Scenario For The Future World

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
People are always making some type of claim about the future of the world and each individual society becoming part of a large global community. But here is what I think will happen and you don't have to take it as Gospel truth, just something I am thinking about.

In recent years there has been a downward spiraling trend toward lack of communicative skills, those being replaced by the quick text message acronyms and the need to no longer spell correctly. This is dumbing down people who can't attempt proper grammar and then rely on you understanding their message even though they are so encrypted hidden behind sarcasm, snarkiness and troll language that means nothing to anyone else except the one who is making the statement. This is the beginning of the end.

All great civilizations reached their peak of expression after their writing systems were developed. They wrote codes of law, displayed mathematics and managed to keep an account of their flow of resources. But what has happened since is that once civilizations reached a zenith and people began to rely on technology, those civilizations collapsed. The United States will be the next Atlantis and I will explain how.

Since the early 1990s, the trend has been to invest more time and energy on things that are powered by electricity. Today we have iPads, Pen Tablets, iPhones, XBoxes, Playstations and microwaves. All of these things are powered by electricity. But let me explain this, as this society begins to rely on electricity to the point people are no longer using pencils and paper for communication, choosing rather to interact via the internet, what will happen when you no longer have electricity?

As students are no longer being taught that cursive is important, that grammar means little and not educating yourself by reading actual books and no longer using the ability to write, you are going to be lost in the end. I will tell you a little secret about survival, brains beat brawn every time. Do you really think the police state is holding you captive with guns? No, they are making you stupid, and that's how they are going to control you.

As nuclear energy becomes more dangerous to maintain over time and solar energy is not being used widely, this world will one day be without nuclear power, because it is going to be taken away. You are going to be allocated how much electricity you may use in a day's time. But if it gets to the point that the entire United States loses its power grid, there will no longer be any mass communication and if you can't write, then you can't survive and will be taken advantage of by those who can. Forget about reading, because if they are smart enough to make you stupid, they will write in code and you won't be able to figure it out, because you have been made stupid.

If you can't read or write in cursive and they use that, then where does that leave the person who can't read it or write it? There was a time when mass populations were held captive under that by people who could read and write. The world is going to that and I see it coming and am warning you in advance. I do not come from the future, but I am telling you that if you want to understand the future, remember the past.

Albert Einstein was credited with saying "I don't know what weapons will be used in WWIII, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones". That's a dire warning for people who think all there is to communication is getting on the internet with text acronyms. You are going to be without electricity and without the ability to communicate with others. That's how they will do it, by making the populace so stupid that the populace can't even see it coming that way.

Let me ask this, how many of you can cook without using a microwave or an oven? How many of you are attached to your cell phones? How many of you send text messages without even thinking about how it happens? Electricity. Now how many of you know how to set up an effective power station? Survivalism isn't about acquiring more weapons, because you will eventually run out of ammunitions without the knowledge of how to. make more. The Zombie Apocalypse will be nothing more than people with limited intellect trying to cope in a world without the basic technological inventory they once relied on. The New World Order is not going to be a Utopia, it's going to be a world of zombies (stupid mindless people) that are killed daily by the intelligent who know what it means to communicate effectively.

I once thought the Zombie Apocalypse was just a mere folk legend based on movies, but as I see more and more people today who drift through life aimlessly and without intelligence, I am convinced that these zombies are just people who failed to activate their brains properly and believe might makes right, that there's strength in numbers and the strongest will survive. Wrong, the smartest will survive.

Right now, the governments of the world possess more weaponry than you can imagine. You aren't going to fight them with rifles and shotguns. What you are going to need is the ability to read and write books, letters, and anything that isn't electronic. You aren't even going to have access to electricity when it happens. But you have been so dumbed down, you won't even know what hit you.

... _ _ _ ...

edit on 10/19/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Whatever I'll just make my own hydrogen and fly away in a balloon.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

hknudzkknexnt

Whatever I'll just make my own hydrogen and fly away in a balloon.

That's nice, but where will you land? Do you have the capability of making a hydrogen reactor that will give you unlimited power to stay afloat? And how will you eat, drink and go to the bathroom? Is this a Lead Zeppelin you are trying going to fly away in?

And what would happen if they shoot missiles at your balloon? Will you have radar installed with anti-missile technology aboard? How are you equipping the said balloon? Tell us what your plans are for construction and perhaps we can find the materials for you to build this thing.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
World is more literate now than it has never been before.
Literacy rates of the World

I doubt the reason is how many reads and write nowadays, i believe world is turning into stupidity because of media. Media provides ready chewed chunks of information which they offer right on a plate for us, no need of thinking or even using your brains what the information was really about and if the information was even accurate. There is also a news media blocks between different continents of the globe when media houses pretty much chooses what they show you for the sake of ratings, skipping news from other continents as they would not get that much attention or intrest of the viewers. More dramatic the news is and more local it is even better.

Pop culture, Show business, drugs... temptations of teenage and young adults

We are also too self-centered to care about others. We want all for ourselves citius altius fortius.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

dollukka
World is more literate now than it has never been before.
Literacy rates of the World

I doubt the reason is how many reads and write nowadays, i believe world is turning into stupidity because of media. Media provides ready chewed chunks of information which they offer right on a plate for us, no need of thinking or even using your brains what the information was really about and if the information was even accurate. There is also a news media blocks between different continents of the globe when media houses pretty much chooses what they show you for the sake of ratings, skipping news from other continents as they would not get that much attention or intrest of the viewers. More dramatic the news is and more local it is even better.

Pop culture, Show business, drugs... temptations of teenage and young adults

We are also too self-centered to care about others. We want all for ourselves citius altius fortius.

The world's literacy rates are dependent not upon how many books people can read or how many letters people can write, it is really all about how they effectively communicate via the internet. As I said, schools are no longer teaching cursive writing or even proper spelling. But too many schools are teaching internet communication, and that's what the literary rates really reflect.

The populace will not have access to the media, music or movies when the electricity is taken away. That is going to happen, I promise that. But as children are being taught communication via the internet, they aren't being taught survivalism as necessity. I graduated from high school in 1985. There was no 1984 as the world imagined it would be in 1984. But we were taught that writing was fundamental and spent time learning productive skills, rather than geared toward reliance upon electricity. When I was in school, we were learning DOS commands on computers. Do you know DOS?

Do you think that right now, let's say in the next 10 minutes, if the world power grid were to be taken away, what would happen to all the young gamers and internet trolls? Right now they know how to play games and snark comments, but do they have what it takes in a world without electricity?

How do you get gas from gas pumps that function by electricity? How do you get kerosene? These are things that are necessary to know. Would these people become looters, as we have seen looting all too often in disasters? Looting isn't going to help in a world dictated by the necessity of electricity. The reason looters take televisions is because they believe the power will come back on eventually.

Blame it all on the media and pop culture, but from a person who has lived in this world long enough to see what is coming, Those who cannot read and write effectively will be lost. That's pure and simple, it's going to happen again, like it happened before. There is no Illuminati, but there are powers out there who have amassed the means for increasing their intelligence levels through reading and writing things that are not on the internet. Do you really think the Illuminati is so powerful that they allow themselves to be exposed on the internet? No, that's why I do not believe there is an Illuminati as people think.

There are powers in this world that will control others who are stupid. They have the power now to do it and they have been since the mid 1990s. I will tell you now how they can control your movement, and I know this is real, they can control your car. They told you about it on television, but people aren't alarmed by this, even though the technology was available in 1995. I know, because I worked at a factory that made the resistors for this to be possible. I knew about North Star and OnStar before it ever hit the market. But no one believed then the power that was available.

... _ _ _ ...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If you live within the continental United States and the Yellowstone caldera blows. It probably won't matter if you know how to fashion a wind or water turbine for power.

Personally, I prefer cooking over a fire and keep in practice by making a smokeless oven. That's actually a misnomer of a name as it does produce some smoke and you can smell the food cooking, so it isn't really all that stealthy.

I think that there are those who like the idea of a dumbed down populace. Some one who cannot take of themselves and are dependent upon the state. Blithering idiots are easier to control, while those who can think for themselves are always a wildcard.

I wonder if their have been any behavioral studies concerning technology after Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy? I think that could point to a larger scenario.
edit on 19-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I know DOS i have been on computers ever since Vic-20, we did write our own games to commodore and amiga and moved to windows 311 and so on. There were a time when i was younger i wanted to know what all i can do with my computers, overclocking processors even burnt couple down. ftp hacking and even making invisible folder structures etc "mean" only because i could. ( im more nicer now.. grew over with it )

Even it might look to some people that youth nowadays can´t do things like that , but they do ( not all as not even then all could ) there are excellent coders even nowadays.

And they do teach cursive in my country, my kid is now 3rd grade and every year they fill one book of cursive writing, they learn to write esseys, they study two math books a year ( we did one ) and their speed in learning is better as the teaching methods here have improved.

What you say is not a fact in whole World , looks like its a "fact" in US

And if World´s power grid would be removed, we here would be perfectly fine as we are very much still connected to nature, some bigger town´s would be in trouble i guess. More urbanized areas are more there will be stress.
edit on 19-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In a conclusive spat of thinking,I've come to the point where this is correct.
Power factions,or parties,families,etc did NOT get there by the control of the stupid,and disabled minds.
That was the just the symptom,and an ends.

KNOWLEDGE is Power.

A group,even a mass minority,that has equipped it's self with words,equations,logic's,Scientifically understandings,and the understanding of the natural world around- Has the ability to to conquer all.

The greatest weapon against such is your mind.A CC to increase your probability.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Szarekh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

dollukka

This is true, but it is also true that the only country in the world that needs to fall in order for the whole thing to crumble is the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

TDawgRex

If you live within the continental United States and the Yellowstone caldera blows. It probably won't matter if you know how to fashion a wind or water turbine for power.

Personally, I prefer cooking over a fire and keep in practice by making a smokeless oven. That's actually a misnomer of a name as it does produce some smoke and you can smell the food cooking, so it isn't really all that stealthy.

I think that there are those who like the idea of a dumbed down populace. Some one who cannot take of themselves and are dependent upon the state. Blithering idiots are easier to control, while those who can think for themselves are always a wildcard.

I wonder if their have been any behavioral studies concerning technology after Hurricanes Katrina and Sandy?

I don't think there have been studies, but it seems there should have been. I lived nine years in North Carolina and even though I lived too far inland to be directly affected by Dennis and Floyd I still lost electricity. And I was there when we had the massive ice storm. I learned how to cook on a kerosene heater and cooked a lamb roast and beef. Ingenuity is part of learning how to survive.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

dollukka

I know DOS i have been on computers ever since Vic-20, we did write our own games to commodore and amiga and moved to windows 311 and so on. There were a time when i was younger i wanted to know what all i can do with my computers, overclocking processors even burnt couple down. ftp hacking and even making invisible folder structures etc "mean" only because i could. ( im more nicer now.. grew over with it )

Even it might look to some people that youth nowadays can´t do things like that , but they do ( not all as not even then all could ) there are excellent coders even nowadays.

And they do teach cursive in my country, my kid is now 3rd grade and every year they fill one book of cursive writing a year, they learn to write esseys, they study two math books a year ( we did one ) and their speed in learning is better as the teaching methods here have improved.

And if World´s power grid would be removed, we here would be perfectly fine as we are very much still connected to nature, some bigger town´s would be in trouble i guess. More urbanized areas are more there will be stress.

But suppose there were EMF bombs being used?

And I want to propose this also, what happens when the rest of the world runs out of oil? The United States is sitting on it here, so who is going to have it then?

I can see it is going to start in the US, sorry to say that as an American.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Mon1k3r

dollukka

This is true, but it is also true that the only country in the world that needs to fall in order for the whole thing to crumble is the US.

It's coming. I am an American citizen and am alarmed by this. I am basically telling American youth to wise up, because right now, they can't even figure out how to plant and harvest, create tools or communicate effectively. And I notice that no one caught on to the SOS code in my posts.

... _ _ _ ...

This is something everyone should know. But how many people would think to use it in an emergency? Right now, the military is still teaching old Morse Code. Even if people never learned all of Morse Code, at least this is still a way of signalling for help.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

EMF bombs, US citizens would stay in US, so you are no danger for us here
My concern would be European immigration as eventually food would be harder and harder to get there as logistics would stop then, where would they go, North, East or South? The pressure would most likely be in our border and coastline as we have plenty of wood and thousands of lakes.

If those scenarios happen, US is on it´s own and so is Europe. Those who have some valauble resources for surviving will defend their borders.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

dollukka

EMF bombs, US citizens would stay in US, so you are no danger for us here
My concern would be European immigration as eventually food would be harder and harder to get there as logistics would stop then, where would they go, North, East or South? The pressure would most likely be in our border and coastline as we have plenty of wood and thousands of lakes.

If those scenarios happen, US is on it´s own and so is Europe. Those who have some valauble resources for surviving will defend their borders.

That last sentence is a good one. But our problem is that we are caught between two land masses, one of immense territory and the other of immense population. We can't even protect our borders now as it is, and what's Canada going to do when the US crumbles? Are we all going to head north to Canada? Imagine if only half of our population suddenly made a massive influx into Canada with Mexico right behind us, what would happen to Canada's food resources? Suppose Canada didn't have electricity either.

Canada is going to have to step up their game because Canada simply isn't prepared for an invasion. I know they have armed forces but Canada still has connections with Europe, so Europe would then be dictating what to do about this problem. But if the US crumbles, Mexico isn't far behind. Right now, Mexico has a worse failing economy than the US. And what happens when all of the power grid of the border states is lost, then the US military will have to intervene and war will be provoked with Mexico, it's already straining toward that now. But if the US and Mexico would jointly invade Canada, when is help going to arrive from Europe if Europe itself is straining?

It's going to be a domino effect. That will then leave the northern part of Canada open, but prime for invasion. If you get a massive army on snowmobiles to come from the north and provide that army with enough provisions, I don't see Canada surviving, because they simply don't have the population to hold it off. So the US crumbling will destroy the Western Hemisphere, in my opinion. The only way to prevent this would be for the US to give in to the global demand, and if that happens, who is Europe going to be left with to trade resources? Asia maybe, but then most of Asia would not handle an energy crises either.

Right now, North Korea keeps their population fed just enough to live another day, but if the US crumbles, who will broker the deal with us? North Korea, China, Japan? And who is going to stop Russia from heading to the US and Canada?

It is a global problem if the US crumbles, not just a US problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If the grid collapses, people will die probably numbering in the millions, just due to them needing medicines that must be refrigirated. Then of course, other medicines will also not be produced either, causing more deaths.

Fresh food will spoil within days. Gas/Petrol goes bad after a period as well.

I don't think a whole lot of people really realize what would happen.

It'll probably make Mad Max look like a cake walk. And that show Revolution, while entertaining does not address what happened in the 15 years before the pilot. The writers of that show are delusionally optimistic.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Canada can´t do a thing, there is too many people in US. People who live southern parts of US might move to South America and those northern parts of US move to Canada, both South America and Canada can´t do anything as still there is too many people coming.
Canada won´t get help from Europe ( if there is total chaos), Brits might give some air help if their planes are working but Europe in general won´t help US or Canada. American continents go back to 19th century.

Don´t worry about Russia, they have no intrest of ruling US as US don´t have much resources left. Russia´s intrests would be containing it´s own borders if chaos spreads to Europe.

There will still be trade between Russia and Europe ( and perhaps with China ). Russia is World´s number one oil producer so even if there is no trade with US, Asia and middle East, Russia most likely wants to help Europe to manage and it takes stress out of Russia´s borders. The Question would be more like how long Russia`s resources will hold as they believe it has over exploited them since WWI but no one actually knows how big those resources are.
China is propably the one who will try to take over as US has been it´s major partner in trade and chaos in US will bring unemployment to China. Not sure if China would help US out as it´s allready in deep debt for them but it might.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

When people start to die in masses who will bury them...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If the world loses electricity and oil it is pretty much game over for any part of any country that has grocery stores. In the 1800's 95% of the US population lived on farms. Today 1% of our population lives on farms. It is only through the hybrid seeds and fertilizers, mechanized farm equipment, irrigation with water wells and other "modern" methods that we can grow so much on such little (relative to the past) land. Lose electricity and oil and all of the "modern" farming stops. Not to speak of processing and transportation to the grocery store.

In a future world without electricity and oil the population will die off to the ability of the land to support it looking pretty much like the 1800's again.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well I guess that since your're telling people why they should learn how to read and write thats better than the gung ho approach I see many people talk about nowadays. At least you're not looking at the world from the barrel of a gun.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

whywhynot

If the world loses electricity and oil it is pretty much game over for any part of any country that has grocery stores. In the 1800's 95% of the US population lived on farms. Today 1% of our population lives on farms. It is only through the hybrid seeds and fertilizers, mechanized farm equipment, irrigation with water wells and other "modern" methods that we can grow so much on such little (relative to the past) land. Lose electricity and oil and all of the "modern" farming stops. Not to speak of processing and transportation to the grocery store.

In a future world without electricity and oil the population will die off to the ability of the land to support it looking pretty much like the 1800's again.

That's exactly what I am getting at. We have been too reliant on electricity and unfortunately not many people know how to farm. We left it up to Mexican immigrants to pick our food because somewhere along the line, American youth didn't want to be migrant workers or work on farms as they once did.

The "Okies" from Muskogee during the Dust Bowl and Great Depression went to California as migrant workers, but it changed under Franklin Roosevelt's Administration. As much of a great leader he may have been, he set into motion the current crises by making it illegal for subsistence farming. Not many American youth even comprehend life on a farm other than going to some petting zoos. The ones who might make it are the Amish, and yet they are so anti-militant, they will be run over.

I grew up in rural Ohio but currently live in a small city in Indiana. I can tell you this, that the lack of security in the rural parts is shocking, there really is nothing that can stop anyone from doing anything at nighttime. And think of how much more vulnerable the Amish are, even though they do know how to grow crops. Maybe the Amish need to start teaching survival skills to young people. Unfortunately they are still regarded as an oddity among the American public. They will not be affected by the lack of electricity as they function without it, but they are vulnerable because they don't have any measures of protection.

I grew up surrounded by farms, but I didn't live on one. I know how those farmers use ingenuity to solve problems. In the great Blizzard of 1978, it was farmers who got the smaller roads open, and it created for the first time established snowmobile routes in Ohio. There are places people cannot park simply because those areas are designated for snowmobiles. Governor Rhodes instituted that plan. But what would happen if the powers that be decide to abscond all snowmobiles?

It is true that coal keeps the lights on, but without the ability to mine with all the new equipment, we will go back to the 1800s. And how many young people would even think to go to the coal mines or know how to use it for heat without burning up the places they are squatting at? If we had a massive power outage such as what is coming, how are young people going to know just exactly what resources they will need to survive?

We are going to have to reverse engineer our society and teach these skills to young people. Unfortunately, if they do understand the need for coal and lumber, how are they going to learn to acquire the resources? If we look at Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs, right now most American youth are stuck at the lowest level of needing sex. They have included sex as a primary need, because they already have everything set for them. We've reached the top of the pyramid, so there's only one way to go and that is down. As people know, the top of the pyramid is the smallest but the most difficult to maintain when everything step below is suddenly yanked away.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join