It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima is HERE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Fukushima is HERE. Fukushima is EVERYWHERE! Satuday....folks are joining together from wherever they are to break through the media silence.

The invisible dragon of Daiichi is loose, and will be for centuries. It's time to start talking about what this means for the world.

Stand with us on October 19th, in solidarity with the people of Japan. And here at home, let this be the wake up call we've been waiting for. We need to start demanding that our elected officials & agencies do what is necessary to test the water we drink, the air we breathe, the food we eat.

We need YOU Saturday, October 19th
on Ocean Beach in San Francisco at 11:00am
To help us say what we know...

We are all connected by bodies of water and we are mostly made up of water. We have one globally connected ocean and each of us has one body. All life was born in this ocean. She needs our help now. We need her help.

One ocean, One chance.

Join us on this beach, on this day. Help us align a thousand bodies in a message of great urgency:

FUKUSHIMA IS HERE.

Join us wherever you are on October 19th. Use any kind of sign, in any language, to cry out with us a message of great urgency:

FUKUSHIMA IS HERE.

PLEASE SHARE EVERYWHERE!

I applaud this effort and those here and elsewhere who have followed this disaster and are trying to focus the world's attention on Fukushima.

Thanks to all the folks on ATS who have paid attention and continue to echo the worldwide call for help.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is the initial call to action for the people of this planet. I must work, and cannot travel this weekend, but if you are near the bay area, your voice is urgently needed. This problem is not going away and will get worse, much worse. If you want you children and grandchildren to live in a volitile cesium pool then stay glued to the tv, but I hope this is not the case. This movement needs to start NOW, and TPTB need to know we are watching and are willing to speak up. Hope their will be more in the near future, I will attend!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
For those wanting more information about this and similar efforts I wanted to share the media release about this human mural event. As they say so well, it's time to turn the tide and work together to find ways to stabilize this unmitigated disaster spreading HERE and EVERYWHERE from Fukushima. May their efforts be the seeds needed for the solutions and cooperation to take root and grow.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FukushimaResponse Campaign
Media Contact: John Bertucci
707-775 8617 [email protected]

“Fukushima Is Here”
A human mural on Ocean Beach in October

(Petaluma 8/20/13) On Saturday October 19th, 2013, FukushimaResponse will host a human mural event at
11:00am on Ocean Beach in San Francisco. The message, spelled out on sand by a multitude of people, will read
“Fukushima Is Here.” This event is intended to raise public awareness about the deteriorating situation at the
Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in northeastern Japan. Organizers hope to assemble people from all over
California to join in a collective gesture of public recognition: that the radioactive contamination released daily
from Fukushima, for two years already and many more yet to come, poses a serious threat to the global
ecosystem. A helicopter has been reserved for a photographer.

FukushimaResponse is a group of concerned Sonoma County residents who have been meeting regularly for two
years, working together to understand, inform others and lobby elected officials for action in response to the
ongoing threat of Fukushima contamination. In the summer of 2012, FukushimaResponse organized numerous
public informational events, hosted guest speakers from Japan and prepared a resolution approved by the
California Democratic Party calling for an international response equal to the crisis. This year they have doubled
their efforts to reach a broader public.

The surge of alarming Fukushima news coverage this summer revealed a number of disturbing problems at the
plant: uncontrolled releases of steam, an inundation of radioactive groundwater, more contaminated water to keep
three melted cores cool, and massive leaks of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean that have apparently been
going since the beginning of the disaster.

Expressing her frustration at how this crisis has been handled, event coordinator Jina Brooks holds the Tokyo
Electric Power Company accountable, “TEPCO’s rationalization for not telling the public about the continued leaks
reminds me of my six year old, but then he would make better decisions. He lives and breathes the ocean. We
share this ocean with Japan, one ocean connects us all. And Fukushima is not over no matter what they say.”

FukushimaResponse recognizes that the entire west coast is particularly vulnerable should rising levels of nuclear
contamination from Japan reach our shore. The Fukushima Is Here human mural is a symbolic statement meant
to stimulate greater public discussion of this crisis in the hope that, from greater discussion, possible solutions will
appear or urgent mitigations be instituted. A threat of this magnitude to the health, economy and culture of
California is certainly grounds for concern.

Given the extraordinary impacts of steady global fallout for generations to come, ignoring the threat of Fukushima
is simply not a reasonable way to respond. For those who already know about this nuclear crisis, joining others to
make the “Fukushima Is Here” human mural will have a healing effect. Those who aren’t sure and have questions
will find a friendly opportunity to begin getting their answers. There is merit in the argument that the people who
face the risks have a right to know what they’re facing.

Event coordinator Jina Brooks continues, “Organizing people to spell our message is not meant to spread fear
and panic. It’s more like Paul Revere’s ride, citizens trying to alert other citizens to a real danger on the horizon.
My heart breaks when I think of what mothers must be experiencing in Japan.”

“Fukushima Is Here” human mural is Saturday October 19, 2013, 11:00am on Ocean Beach, San Francisco.

More information and a form to pledge participation are available at: fukushimaishere.info

Media Release

edit on 18-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thank you for your efforts Danced, As this is extremely important most people will not care till it effects them directly and by then it will be too late. There are things that need to be done now and getting the word out to the people and the sheep is the first step, therefore I applaud you sir!

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
California air samples remain at nominal pre-Fukushima levels. The air samples showed considerable rise in Bq/m^3 only for the last 10 days of March 2011.

iaspub.epa.gov...
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Wow, that is scary...and that is just one of the many nuclear plants on this planet.....this is truly terrifying..

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
bull...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ship

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Tusks
California air samples remain at nominal pre-Fukushima levels. The air samples showed considerable rise in Bq/m^3 only for the last 10 days of March 2011.

iaspub.epa.gov...

Today i measured ca. 0.07-0.09 micro-Sievert/ hour here in Tokyo and at the ground!
(i will upload it later, look for Radiation-Watch 2013)

The Pre-03/11 Levels was ca. 0.065 micro-Sievert/ Hour.

I check the Levels here in Kanto/ Japan since two Years and uploaded nearly
200 Videos, in ca. 90% we see very small increased Levels like 0.10-0.15 micro-Sievert/h.

But i measured also absolute intolerable Amounts over 1.00 micro-Sievert/ hour
but only in Corners and Rain Drains and in well known Hot-Spots.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Human0815

Tusks

iaspub.epa.gov...

Today i measured ca. 0.07-0.09 micro-Sievert/ hour here in Tokyo and at the ground!
(i will upload it later, look for Radiation-Watch 2013)

The Pre-03/11 Levels was ca. 0.065 micro-Sievert/ Hour.

I check the Levels here in Kanto/ Japan since two Years and uploaded nearly
200 Videos, in ca. 90% we see very small increased Levels like 0.10-0.15 micro-Sievert/h.

But i measured also absolute intolerable Amounts over 1.00 micro-Sievert/ hour
but only in Corners and Rain Drains and in well known Hot-Spots.

Thank you for your research. This is invaluable. Is there someone in the Hawaiin islands that can substantiate this? Or even in San Francisco?
I am a property owner in both places. Thank you in advance.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Very sorry to have to pull the plug but:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

This applies to all causes regardless of merit.

Thread closed.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join