It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tea Party...Why are they so Dangerous?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I am not a Tea Party member. I am just asking what is so wrong with them?

I see a group of American's exercising their Right to Assemble.

I see a group that has systematically been denied Rights others enjoy.

Before starting this thread I looked at the Tea Party's Platform.

I am posting a link to their Platform website. Name something you disagree with.

I am not looking for a fight. The Tea Party just seems like regular people who had enough.

Tell me why they are dangerous. They seem to be sticking to their principles.

Please read the one page platform before replying.

Tea Party Platform

Thanks...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The TP people themselves are not dangerous. The reason why some people think they are dangerous is because of the nutcases they vote into office.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

buster2010
The TP people themselves are not dangerous. The reason why some people think they are dangerous is because of the nutcases they vote into office.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The average guy or gal across America who identifies as TPM is a good person, I believe. The turds float to the top though ..and Washington is at the top, eh? I don't know why people thought they'd be an exception to that.

link   

buster2010

Buster,

That is the nicest reply from you that I have ever read.

These nut cases are doing exactly what their constituents elected them to do.

Right or wrong, they are only accountable to the voters in their Districts.

Do you take issue with their Platform?

+8 more 
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The reason why some people think they are dangerous is because of the nutcases they vote into office.

A lot of us feel that Democrats "are dangerous" for the same reason.

See ya,
Milt

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Because they are an unorganized group of intelligent people who challenge the status quo and ask the questions which need to be asked when our 'representatives' barely even give lip service to the travesty which is our federal government.

The ideas which they present to the public in plain language are a direct threat to the powerful on both sides of the aisle. There should never be cults of personality in politics, only ideological imperatives. This is why honest people freely dispense with duplicitous politicians when they show their true colors.

When the right fails to discard those who do the American people a supreme disservice, they invalidate the very principals they are sworn to protect. When they do, they are labeled disloyal by the left and the right.

On the contrary, when the left's up and coming stars betray their stated goals, they are celebrated as pragmatists and realists.
edit on 18-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

buster2010

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The average guy or gal across America who identifies as TPM is a good person, I believe. The turds float to the top though ..and Washington is at the top, eh? I don't know why people thought they'd be an exception to that.

I agree their candidate's have been less than stellar.

Their Platform seems fairly sound.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I did read the platform you linked.
It was exactly as I feared.
The Tea party wants to destroy American values.
They want to enact an all encompassing civil movement that would require individuals to aspire to a standard beyond apathy.
They want to hold public servants to preset standards that would lead to care of and support for the citizens.
They want to make people responsible for their own actions.
They want to force government into a role of subordination to the citizens.
They want monetary restraint and solid economic strategy.

They want accountability!

This is an outrage!

It is absolutely un-American and cannot be tolerated.

Right?

OK wait?
Are we hating ALL citizen supported alternatives to the Republican and Democratic parties?

Really?

I mean, I could stand a little accountability in government.
Maybe a bit of that by-the-people and for-the-people stuff might be nice.
Even having an alternative to rabid left winging and vociferous right winging would be kinda cool.

Of course. That would all seriously threaten the status quo of total economic and political corruption that exists right now.

Nope...nope.

I must have been thinking crazy.

Can't have Americans thinking for themselves and using the best interests of the citizens as a reason for a third party.

That'd be total insanity.
Let the politicians and the wealthy tell the other 99% of the country how to live.
That's the best way.
We can just go back to not thinking and hate each other with a clear conscience.

Whew.
Almost had me there.
Thought I was going to have to grow up for a second.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

To answer your question from the title...they are dangerous because they are stupid. Blunt, yes, but it is the truth. They don't understand economics, they think big numbers are bad and will attempt to burn the whole damn thing down due to their lack of knowledge.

I see a group that has systematically been denied Rights others enjoy.

Which rights have they been denied?

I am posting a link to their Platform website. Name something you disagree with.

Sure, just about everything in their "Platform" I disagree with. Here are the ones I disagree with.

1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes: We are not excessively taxed...no where near it. Plus, if you really listen to the Tea Party, they are mostly concerned about the Rich not being taxed anymore...and they actually think the very poor who currently don't pay taxes should at least pay something. I disagree 100% with their mentality on this. Tax the rich who can afford it (that includes corporations), and leave the little guy alone.

2. Eliminate the National Debt: This is just dumb and comes from a complete misunderstanding of modern economics and the World economy. They repeatedly try to talk about the economy being like a household budget, and it simply is not. What they don't understand is that our Debt gives us power and allows us to grow...trying to pay off the debt would lose us power and cause us to shrink domestically and globally.

3. Eliminate Deficit Spending: Same as above. If you eliminate deficit spending, we contract our economy. If your economy is not growing, it's dying...simple as that.

4. Protect Free Markets: There is no such thing as a fair "Free Market". I'm a big proponent of fairness...and to ensure fairness, you need strict regulations. We never have had true free markets, but in the past when we had much less regulation we abused our environment and our labor force. Do you really want factories in this country like they have in China? Where people commit suicide on the factory floors?

7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government: They only want this to promote more corporate control over our country. I just philosophically disagree with them on this point. Some people think of "big government" as a bad word...I don't. And besides, they only want a reduced size of government for the things they dislike...but they want government directly involved in abortion and marriage...to the point that they want the government to actually control and define who can and can not be married. This is one topic where they show their true hypocrisy.

8. Believe in the People: People are stupid and need to be governed...enough said.

10. Maintain Local Independence: We are a UNITED country...not a collection of independent local municipalities.

Is that clear enough for you?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I remember when the Tea party were nothing but a group of people from all sides of the political spectrum looking to shape up Washington, nothing dangerous or serious about it, just people wanting to make a statement.

But as it grew in numbers and became a vocal minority some groups with certain agendas started to join ranks because the free exposure they were getting.

The it was not longer group of people from all sides of the political spectrum, once money started to roll in from a particular side of politics those that were no affiliated with that side drop out and the whole concept of the tea party got hijacked.

Now we know is not longer the original people in it but a new group that leans to one side only.

I used to like the Tea party until it got hijacked by interest groups that I had nothing in common with and actually were within those that I disagree the most.

edit on 18-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Two words - Palin and Bachman

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

I don't know why but that post sound and look like cut an paste to me.

I do remember the original Tea party because at one time even I used to follow them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Matching words - Vote Out

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Exactly, when the Tea party got big enough for free exposure by those in politics with agenda everything started to go down the hill for them and that is how many of the originals in the group drop out.

Money talks and BS walk and the one that pays the most get the control.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

damwel
Two words - Palin and Bachman

Two names - Sharpton and Jackson

Did I just say something that meant something?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by buster2010

The reason why some people think they are dangerous is because of the nutcases they vote into office.

A lot of us feel that Democrats "are dangerous" for the same reason.

See ya,
Milt

So who's the Democrat equivalent of Michelle "bats in the belfry" Bachmann?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I see a collection of sub-groups disfranchised by the 2 party dumbocracy of the US.

The most vocal sub-group is white christian wannabe authoritarians and frankly a number of angry rubes that are easily coaxed into spreading super PAC manure.

They have some very well placed enemies and no clear strategy. I've joined a number of TP groups on facebook to learn more. The common thread is dominionist Christianity, anti-immigrant vitrol, scary gun talk and scapegoating the poor. Nothing morally redeemable IMO, except that they disturb the rotten status quo.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

whyamIhere

buster2010

Buster,

That is the nicest reply from you that I have ever read.

These nut cases are doing exactly what their constituents elected them to do.

Right or wrong, they are only accountable to the voters in their Districts.

Do you take issue with their Platform?

They are accountable for voting them into office but they are not accountable for what that politician does after they get into office. Because promises that a politician makes to get into office isn't a lawfully binding agreement if they were then all politicians would be in jail for breaking their word. Just look at how many get into office then do the exact opposite of what they said they would do.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Did I misunderstood dawel, because I agree with him only because Palin was one of those that infiltrated the Tea party and turned into caca.

If that post mean that those two are to pair up for election, I will only say HELL NO. he,he.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think the latest trend in ATS is to say the following....

I am not part of "x" but i agree with them 99.99% of the time and hate the opposite part 99.99% of the time.

People should just jump off the fake fence! alrdy.

It becomes obvious when post after post is the same political mind set being spewed out(but always in denial).

You know who you are!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join