It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Police Shoot Your Family Members - Why Even Have Them At All?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

You are new here so I understand your confusion.
I will put this into an internets idea that you can understand.
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
Ok, post a pic or video of a cop doing a good turn, I'll post a cop doing a bad deed, I bet I could post 10 to your 1.
If this sort of a thing was not on the rise, ATS would have never made it its own forum.
Bottom line, bad cops are on the rise, luckily so are cameras.
These "officers" need to do time for murder, that is all this was.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Emerys
reply to post by greencmp

Not every police officer is dumb like the one who shot this poor guy. My father was a police officer. They definitely should have handled that situation differently, such as taser guns. Sorry for the families loss, but not every police officer is out to get you people. There are a lot of good men and women in uniform who protect you and others while you sleep.

"not every police officer is out to get you people" Care to elaborate on whatcha mean by "YOU people"???

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
Most, well at least very high percentage are militarily trained. IMHO this is not good to do. No remorse factor. No fear factor. No compassion factor. LE nation wide now look at ALL OF US whether victim or perp as the same. This is also not good. Today's LE do not protect & serve, they simply arrived to late and sort out the victims, and in some case's, create new ones. I agree with other post. It's a crap shoot calling LE in these times.

You don't get it. Using military-trained killers suits the goals ..... of the suits. The very last thing a gangster government (up to their eyeballs in crime) wants is an honest, intelligent cop. They want Neanderthal, knuckle-dragging idiots that will follow orders. They have largely achieved their goals.

The only people being protected and served .... are the criminal trash that hand out the goodies. I won't bat an eye or shed a tear when they start reaping what they have earned.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There is a solution:

Not saying I'm for or against this idea. However, it's got me curious, even though it will never happen. Specifically, WHAT QUESTIONS would you ask the cops? What would the criteria be for passing/failing. Just curious about how that process COULD work.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Oh ouch!

Seeing the vid. It was just a straight up gun down of the guy, no trying to talk him down, even when he was just standing there, and no bringing in the swat team to subdue him, a few guys with riot shields would be able to subdue him with ease if it came to it, even if he had a knife.

I dont know what the parents expected, but clearly they would have been better off by going there and calming there son down themselfs and trying to talk him out of whatever he had in mind. I do not think there version of "dealing with a mentally handicapped person with a weapon" is the same as the cops in question had. They might as well called in the fire department and had them hose him down, a blast from there fire hose cannon would have knocked him down given him a few scraps, but I think he would drop the knife and forgotten about the whole thing even if he was mentally impaired and could not quite grasp the concept of drop the knife.

I dont know man, generally I think its better to handle any such situations yourself before they escalate, and bringing in strange people with guns to deal with it. For all we know the guy in question though he was impaired, could have just been having a episode and decided to "suicide by cop" Its actually a pretty common thing for people of all walks of life to do when there at there wits ends and options have run out. So common in fact that everybody knows the term suicide by cop.

There are a was a thread around here about the same sort of thing a few months back, a guy in a bus I think who told the passengers to get off. Then he just stood there in the buss with a knife till the cops showed up, and eventually he got shoot and killed in pretty much the same manner and situation. It seems such things may not be common, but there not that uncommon.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
A cop shoots one of my family members he better shoot me next, cause he is going to be catching two in the chest and one in the head, PERIOD!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

I have to say, I am kind of shocked. This is the first time I have ever seen a cop actually SAY that two other cops were in the wrong. That being said, I would pose a question to YOU, sir, and I believe it cuts right to the problem we are having in the country today

When have you ever SEEN a Police Officer doing something illegal, and FAILED to arrest him right then and there?

Unless your department is a paragon of virtuous and perfect officers, I am almost 100% positive that you HAVE.

For example, a dash-cam video I saw a short while ago of a high speed chase ending in a rollover of the suspect vehicle in LA county. suspect crawls out of the broken window, and is immediately dog-piled by officers. THAT is not my issue. What IS my issue is that while this man is down under several police, held flat, mind you, ANOTHER officer comes and kicks him in the head like a field goal. What is FURTHER my issue is that once the suspect was secured, THAT officer was NOT immediately arrested for assault. I have seen NUMEROUS videos of police doing things that are CLEARLY over the line and criminal, and yet NO immediate correction is taken by the other "enforcers of the law" that were there and witnessed it. Yet if that same action were taken in the exact same circumstances by private citizens they would find themselves in chains, but since it was police they had no repercussions whatsoever, and I do NOT count "admin leave with pay/verbal counseling/a black mark on their record" as repercussions.

A lady I know in Cedar creek, Texas works on the admissions desk of a medical clinic. she was listening to two police talk about beating someone they had arrested. When she told the two of them, "And things like that are the reason every one hates you." One of the police GRINNED at her and said, "We don't CARE if you hate us." The attitude of said officer was "I'VE got the badge gun and power, so what you 'people' think just doesn't matter to me."

I mention this because it points out PART of the problem, is that police seem INCAPABLE of policing themselves. They don't want to be a "rat or snitch", maybe they are afraid of the other officers retaliation, I don't know. What I DO know is that every time something like this occurs, I hear the tired "few bad apples" cliche. Whenever I try to talk to Police about these kind of problems, ALWAYS being clear that I am not recording them in any way, and am not anything other than a private citizen trying to think of ways to find common ground between citizens and officers before this problem gets beyond repair, I ALWAYS see the defensive wall go up, the body language changes, and TO A MAN I always hear, " Well I wasn't there so I can't offer an opinion/unless you were there you don't know for sure what happened/you don't know what happened before." ALL of these responses sound like fear of having any kind of opinion that doesn't back up the "cops on one side, everybody else on the other" mentality. A response like this gives me ZERO faith in the police even WANTING to try to fix it.

People would begin to have faith in the Police again if they say an officer clearly break the law(often violently), and another officer IMMEDIATELY arrest him. In public, right then. Seeing PROOF IN ACTIONS that not all of the police are thugs on a power trip would go a GREAT DEAL OF THE WAY to bringing Police back into being part of the communities that they live in. Seeing Police NOT trying to arrest people recording them in performance of their duties would go even further. "if you aren't doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about/nothing to hide, nothing to be scared of." Remember that line? I have heard it MANY times from Police after being stopped trying to intimidate consent to search my vehicle out of me, in a fishing expedition.

"I've got the badge, so I do what I want", seems to be the common theme in the attitude of all these "bad apples". If in fact they are just a "few" then they are overwhelming outnumbered in whatever department they are part of and replacing them should not be an issue. I would think it would be obvious that the attitude and demeanor they display would NOT be what a department wants the public to perceive. However, what I am seeing is they are NOT being replaced, even after multiple "incidents" so logic dictates that this must be what the departments WANT the public to think.

Police need to be reminded about something. It is not the gun or badge the citizen submits to, it is the system behind it, that tracks you, pays you, taxes you, that you cannot escape from without means. One of the reasons poor people are harassed so much. When unrest comes to this country, that system will not be there, not functioning well, or spiraling out of control. when that happens, and the citizen realizes it, the hopelessly outnumbered police will be relying on the goodwill and MEMORY of the communities that they live in, unless you live in some completely self-sufficient copland type of gated community.

The bottom line is simple: Police yourselves, pluck OUT the "bad apples" and throw them in the garbage where they belong, don't do anything in public that is NOT above board and recording will not be an issue. Get your act together as a group or when SHTF here in America without a system to back up the badge that shiny plate might become a target.

For the record, I don't want to see that. I'm not trying to start a pissing contest nor call names. You see people doing wrong, call them on it. You see people breaking the law and hurting people, ARREST THEM. I mean, that's your job, right?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

Actually they do not. What happens is you have tyranny rise up by the person or group that assumes the most power. Its happened in every single civilization to date.

Right now that group assuming (and abusing) the most power just happens to be LE, the group you are defending. Nobody is saying there are not good people in LE, just that the good ones are no longer the majority. And because those 'good ones' protect and defend the 'bad',...there are fewer & fewer good guys in LE these days. It's getting worse-not better as you mentioned in an earlier comment.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

GEmersonBiggins

There is a solution:

Not saying I'm for or against this idea. However, it's got me curious, even though it will never happen. Specifically, WHAT QUESTIONS would you ask the cops? What would the criteria be for passing/failing. Just curious about how that process COULD work.

Some examples for consideration:

"Do you believe that you are necessary to the proper functioning of a free society?"

"Have you ever been asked the justify the cost of your salary by generating revenue for the department?"

"Have you ever seen a colleague commit a crime that you did not report?"

"Have you ever confiscated anything from a citizen that you did not report?"

"Have you ever taken drugs that you were not prescribed or are illegal?"

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas police officer who shot a mentally ill man in a disputed incident caught on tape has been fired and charged with felony aggravated assault, police said Thursday.

link

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join