It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Police Shoot Your Family Members - Why Even Have Them At All?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
With all the political talk I almost didn't put this up. Not only does it not surprise me, it sickens and tires me out.

Aren't there more important things to draw attention to? The short answer is 'hell no'.

This is one of the many symptoms of authoritarianism, it is real, it is here and we must face it. If you can't call the police without risking your life or the lives of your family, there is simply no reason to have them, period.

Dallas Cops Shoot Mentally Ill Man Standing in the Street

On Oct. 14, Bobby Gerald Bennett of Dallas, 59, of Dallas, Texas began acting erratically. While Bennett sat in a swivel chair in the middle of the cul de sac holding a knife, his mother, Joyce Jackson, called the police and asked the dispatcher to send officers who were trained in dealing with the mentally ill.
But when police arrived at 12:19 p.m., both officers quickly drew their weapons and one officer shot Bennett four times in the middle of the street, striking him once in the abdomen.

However, according to surveillance video captured by neighbor Maurice Bunch, Bennett was standing still during the entire incident and, when he was shot, his hands were down by his side. Bunch, who witnessed the shooting, tells WFAA:

“When the officers told him freeze, he complied,” said Bunch, who witnessed the incident from his driveway across the street. “He did not move an inch, in suspended animation; he just stood there, you know? Bobby was conscious, he knew exactly what he was doing because I had been talking to him prior.”

edit on 17-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hmmm... I think that "send officers who were trained in dealing with the mentally ill" means something different at dispatch then what Mrs. Johnson thought it meant.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Hmmm... I think that "send officers who were trained in dealing with the mentally ill" means something different at dispatch then what Mrs. Johnson thought it meant.

Indeed, she thought we still lived in the America she grew up in. Boy was she wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's a sad thing. As children, we were told that when you need help, you can always find a police officer. It seems that many of today's officers didn't get that memo, and have become power-tripping idiots who have the agenda to destroy.

They, those officers, will be the first to turn on their own.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Everybody needs family

Even if the police are going to kill them eventually...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Not every police officer is dumb like the one who shot this poor guy. My father was a police officer. They definitely should have handled that situation differently, such as taser guns. Sorry for the families loss, but not every police officer is out to get you people. There are a lot of good men and women in uniform who protect you and others while you sleep.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Sad but predictable. I've said this before "Never, ever call the cops unless you're willing to play lotto with your life or the lives of others."

Pretty sure the US cops have surpassed the Nazi brownshirts with the number of civilians they've murdered.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Emerys

Not every police officer is dumb like the one who shot this poor guy. My father was a police officer. They definitely should have handled that situation differently, such as taser guns. Sorry for the families loss, but not every police officer is out to get you people. There are a lot of good men and women in uniform who protect you and others while you sleep.

That is what we all grew up believing. However the tide is now turning for the worse, there are less and less good men and women on the force. They are being targeted for removal.

"The NYPD Tapes: A Shocking Story of Cops, Cover-ups, and Courage"

Also, I am troubled by this tendency to forgive the use of force at all. Why is it necessary to taser someone with their arms down and not moving?

What is the rush, do these officers have somewhere to go?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

pretty sure the cops just like to shoot people.....these cops are bullies and bullies like to use force unnecessarily

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

MALBOSIA

Everybody needs family

Even if the police are going to kill them eventually...

Heh, with all my disgust it took me a moment to get that.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Bassago

Sad but predictable. I've said this before "Never, ever call the cops unless you're willing to play lotto with your life or the lives of others."

Pretty sure the US cops have surpassed the Nazi brownshirts with the number of civilians they've murdered.

Good advice, the state brings trouble it does not resolve it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Emerys

keyword "was".

Now they'll just beat you the faq down before you get a chance to say anything. They are above the law. And if anyone disagrees, first get beat the faq down, then you get to call your lawyer and talk. But by the time that happens, you'll either be in the hospital with a bullet in your chest or your be eating your breakfast thru a straw.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Who would have thought we would see a day when Officer Barney Fife would become the type of officer the citizens wished they had on the police force. I think it is here.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Emerys

I agree with you. But the number of psycho cops is continually growing. How long before the good cops get weeded out eventually, and all we have left are jack-booted thugs, who are barely human.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

greencmp

Bassago

Why don't we look at all the DUI arrests that police did on that same day and how many of those people statistically would have hurt or killed someone while driving.

How many arrests did they perform on that day that prevented a crime to another individual in total?

Statistically, police probably perform less acts of terror than they did even 30 years ago. You hear about more of them because of the increased media available to us and people such as yourself assume, incorrectly, that because you hear about more of them that it must mean its happening more often.

Pretty faulty logic.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Klassified

Emerys

I agree with you. But the number of psycho cops is continually growing. How long before the good cops get weeded out eventually, and all we have left are jack-booted thugs, who are barely human.

Please show us some statistics that you base that off of.

How exactly do you know the number of psycho cops are growing.

I can't wait to hear this or read an official study.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Spookybelle

greencmp

Bassago

Why don't we look at all the DUI arrests that police did on that same day and how many of those people statistically would have hurt or killed someone while driving.

How many arrests did they perform on that day that prevented a crime to another individual in total?

Statistically, police probably perform less acts of terror than they did even 30 years ago. You hear about more of them because of the increased media available to us and people such as yourself assume, incorrectly, that because you hear about more of them that it must mean its happening more often.

Pretty faulty logic.

I am against your DUI laws as well, is that why we have police? No.

How many people were arrested who had done nothing wrong and hurt no one? Probably most of them.

Pretty presumptuous statist philosophy you have there.

And all we have to do is let the police subjugate, violate, abuse and kill us for the privilege, priceless.

As far as statistics, this is the closest I have on short notice. Not surprisingly, the numbers you are looking for are not generally gathered for good reason.

Police Officers One Third More Likely to Murder Than Concealed Carry Permit Holders

My purpose is not to demonize all police, it is to promote the widespread possession of concealed weapons instead.

We really don't need police and we really do need to defend ourselves. I am sure there was some reason for police, I am sure we will remember it before we fire them all. Hopefully the few that remain will be the good ones.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Bassago

Bassago has a nicer way to put it than I do. "Just DON'T do it." Gambling is not always a 'victimless' crime. And I've grown fond of repeating the adage: At best, the cops are minutes away when seconds count.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Spookybelle

Klassified

Emerys

Please show us some statistics that you base that off of.

How exactly do you know the number of psycho cops are growing.

I can't wait to hear this or read an official study.

Statistics can be skewed. When I personally hear good veteran cops say basically what I just said from their own mouths. I take notice.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

greencmp
I am against your DUI laws as well, is that why we have police?

As far as statistics ... the numbers you are looking for are not generally gathered for good reason.

Seems I recall a time when people asked, "What's a DUI?" Yeah ... before MADD became all the rage and socialized police responsibilities. Not saying drunk driving wasn't a problem back then, but it didn't get unwarranted attention. Drunk drivers used to get the living hell beat out of them, and that was that. Personally, I think we ought to bring 'the stocks' back ... and what happens in the dead dark of night happens.

greencmp: Forgive me for taking the liberty of making your reply to the statistic thingy 'succinct.'

<<   2  3  4 >>

join