It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamps Recipients w/o Social Security Number?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This past Monday I started a job at an incoming call center. I know, it's a dead-end job with no chance of progression, but damn it I needed something as the housing market in my area is still anemic. Nobody wants their kitchen, or bath remodeled. Needless to say, after much searching I resigned myself to suffer the indignity of taking a job that I'm overqualified for to feed my family. Maybe this is why, even 6 hours later, I'm still fuming at what I discovered.

Today we began learning how to field calls regarding one of our contracts, incoming calls in regards to questions from the recipients of food stamps. On the electronic database you can only search for a recipient via their name, or the card number. The results are listed, with the name on the left column, birthdate in the center and SSN on the far right column.

From my few minutes of browsing I counted literally hundreds of recipients that are receiving benefits, but the SSN field is blank. I also am assuming that you people can guess what demographic the VAST majority of these people belong to. This also was only for the state of Missouri. Not having a SSN attached to their food stamp account means that there is no way to truly verify that these individuals are eligible, nor is one able to ensure that they are not double dipping, or abusing the system in any number of other ways.

Directly from the Social Security Administration: www.socialsecurity.gov...

Anyone can apply for SNAP, but you and
the other people in your household must meet
certain conditions. Everyone who is applying in
your household must have or apply for a Social
Security number and be either a U.S. citizen,
U.S. national or have status as a qualified alien.

Opinions? I can get some screen shots, email them and post them up if this would make my claims any more believable, privacy laws be damned. I am staunchly of the opinion that more than one of these accounts are subsidizing the lifestyle of illegals, regardless of what liberals state to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No need to risk your job posting a screenshot. It's totally believable and right in line with official unofficial policy. Government talks out of one side of it's mouth while saying the opposite from the other side. They are subsidizing illegal aliens using taxpayer money to keep wages low, rents high, more sales of every kind of product all for the benefit of big business.
It's truly shocking just how much help they give. I started a thread here about how theyre hiring illegal aliens as navigators for Obamacare - www.abovetopsecret.com...
There's other information on how the IRS is sending them checks for thousands of $ costing us billions each year in there as well.
I'm not unsympathetic towards these people and understand wanting a better life. I don't complain because of race or national origin but because they get breaks and benefits that citizens don't and that is wrong. None of us gets let off the hook for breaking the law but they do.
It needs to stop.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Research Cloward-Piven strategy. The answers you seek are contained within.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

I read a few weeks ago that Switzerland just passed something like this, with a monthly income for everyone set at ~$3,000.

Please explain how this actually helps, rather than hinders the population as a whole. Unless rampant inflation is a good thing...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Ahhh... apologies. I gave you the wrong perception by linking the "sanitized" version via wikipedia.

I'm pointing out the "overwhelm the system" side of things... and how what you are seeing is a real life example of it in action.

Being libertarian in leaning... I pretty much consider the entire enterprise the epitome of corruption and social destruction in the long run. Like programs like it always are. But there's always a new crop of people who never took the time to learn history and think "free is *awesome*"!

My little brother (14 years younger than me) came home from his school one year... I think around 6th grade. He was attending a very low income school at the time. My mother was trying to get him to work harder in his classes and he said "Why should I? The government will take care of me."

That's what he was learning from the kids near him... who had learned it from their parents.
edit on 17-10-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is a shame when so many of our citizens are falling through the cracks and can't get help because they are a buck or two above the poverty limit. Illegals take advantage of the system and get catered to at every turn. Laws don't seem to apply to them. We don't get to pick and choose, neither should they.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

As per your comment of your brother coming home and stating that the government will take care of him, believe me at this job his ideology would place him alongside the majority. Many of the people I am training with were openly complaining at the amount that some random people were given in food stamps and spending cash on top of the food stamps.

When I said that I'd never used assistance, some were actually floored and asked how I managed to do it. I flatly said I live within my means. If I needed more money I just worked harder and if times got real tough I'd sometimes take work that was beneath me.

I'm pretty sure some caught the sarcasm.

Note: I agree with nearly all the talking points of the Libertarian party. The dog and pony show regarding ancillary causes such as PETA, gay marriage or any other social justice cause is political sleight of hand to keep you eyes off the REAL problems. Sadly, most Americans would rather listen to a sad, sappy story than 'mind numbing' fiscal matters. Hell even I think discussions about national finances can get dry, but I find them more engaging and more important to our nations continued existence than a discussion regarding two boys kissing.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It is well-known that food stamps are automatic, no questions, ever, for a certain demographic. Some sort of guilt-payoff thingie I suppose.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Is it possible that the system has safe guards in place so someone can not just view lists of SSN numbers for privacy reasons and theft? If it is a call center job it probably has high turn over for employees, wouldn't want someone coming in getting a list of a few hundred SSN and then quitting the job and selling them to whoever wants them.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

I would be inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for the fact I was able to look up my friend's wife on the EBT system. Turns out she has used them on and off over the last decade, prior to her getting her master's degree.

Oh, and her SSN, along with THOUSANDS of other people's were there for me to peruse. You honestly think identity theft is a concern of businesses, governments, or employers that employ the lowest common denominator of people?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Lipton
reply to post by 1Angrylightbulb

You honestly think identity theft is a concern of businesses, governments, or employers that employ the lowest common denominator of people?

I honestly don't have a clue as to what some businesses, governments, or employers think about identity theft. I just asked a question because it seemed plausible that there might be safe guards.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Food stamps are a total scam. The whole system needs to be just closed down.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Ah yes, this would be because the USDA ADVERTISED food stamps in Mexico. Please come to US illegally, we will feed you!

I try not to blame the people that came and focus on blaming our screwed up government.

Daily Caller

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Now picture a nice standard neighborhood with a large 5 bedroom home. there are 6 families of illegals living in this single family dwelling, stacked all over are clothes, big screen tvs in every room and various items. Some of the men work and some do not but all get EBTs at a total of approx $4000 monthly combined, there are welfare checks, income assistance programs and it goes on..... One of the girls of the families has to decide if she wants to have a child and collect assistance every month or go to college for absolutly free from the government, really, the nicest cars and trucks adorn the driveway, none of which I could afford. I know of all of this as I had to fix their A/C this summer and they bragged about all of this and more as their relatives are arriving at anytime and more are waiting imigration reform. Oh, I forgot to add, NONE have any papers or a SS#, they brag on that too, all vote democrat and do not want voter id laws as it would take away their power....

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Do you think Mexico will give US Citizens benefits when we run out of money?

Maybe a shot Tequila at Happy Hour anyway?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

Not even a burrito my friend.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is one solution, amnesty, make em all legal, SS# all around,
welcome to taxes boys and girls, recorded income, benefits properly
handed out, that's honestly the only thing that even has a tiny
chance of fixing this.

This situation is really messed up, i work my life away and will now
pay like 35%+ taxes due to the ACA (estimate is based on a rough
idea of premiums quoted by my healthcare.gov and information
on the tax penalty should i go that route, taking into consideration
the increasing % of my income i will be fined if i chose to not
participate in the outright theft of what meager money i make) and
will not get any healthcare, food assistance, government subsidy for
my annual healthcare premium or anything at all other than a raping in
court should i resist..... WOW.

And i cant even afford a decent lawyer, man i need to invest in
Johnson & Johnson, that stock is going sky high.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
In regards to my earlier comment about government talking about both sides of it's mouth I came across some good information from the Centers for Immigration Studies. (my apologies for not being able to link it but I'm new to windows 7 and completely lost)

Anyway, they say you don't qualify for benefits without a social security number BUT when people apply they don't have to give one! All they have to do is sign some affidavit swearing what they say is true with NO DOCUMENTATION NECESSARY. WooOOOoooOoo.

So not only do illegals get EBT they also get Medicaid, free school lunches, TANF and refund checks from the IRS through EIC even if they paid no taxes. A very small percentage also get rent assistance and some other programs mostly handled by the states.

When you look at which states have the largest populations of immigrants (both legal and Illegal) there is a direct correlation between states which allow illegals to receive the most benefits. California, NY, NJ, Florida, Texas, Colorado all top the list.

The overall statistics are absolutely frightening when you start to add the costs not only of direct government assistance but usage of public schools, hospitals, roads and public transportation. Large numbers drive down wages and increase competition for jobs. Their levels of education are significantly lower which correlates directly with the number of households in poverty of which they are twice as likely to be below the poverty line. Very few buy homes leading to increased rent prices and a shortage of available housing. Billions of$ are sent back to their countries of origin further increasing flight of capital from the country.

Around 1 in 6 people living in the US is an immigrant. If one were to exclude anchor babies as citizens the number of illegals using public schools becomes around 1 in 4 children in some states like California, half of whom live in poverty and receive benefits from the government. This is a major reason states are going broke.

It's truly a dilemma of immense proportions: to give them all amnesty will overwhelm the welfare system. They are also having children at a far higher rate than natives further stretching public services in the future. Deportation would be a humanitarian and logistical nightmare as many of the countries they came from could not handle the sudden influx of people. The Dominican Republic alone would get back somewhere around 1/4 million people. Mexico several millions. Yet it is still unfair to let them stay here and further drain our public systems. They do not add to the tax base in fact they act as a negative on that count. What do we do? What a shame things were allowed to spin out of control as our Immigration enforcement have hand their hands tied by dictates from Obama.

This isn't about race, it's about simple economics and mathematical formula guaranteed to leave us all broke. In fact we're already there. Once again they have divided us over issues like this and created huge new constituencies of voters for themselves in the process - votes paid for by your tax dollars.

top topics

join