It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of those that voted for Default

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Tip of my hat, to the brave men and women who realize that infinite debt increases are no way to run a government. That being said I don't expect them to suddenly have a new fiscal policy if republicans took charge.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

JWB408
If you are not an Economist, then don't make statements about Default. Have you crunched all the numbers? Done your research? Do you know all the language of the constitution, and how this relates to paying our bills? Probably not!

I have my degree in Economics and practiced for a few years before moving into a more profitable field.

While I am not the OMB, I understand the numbers and forecasts and reasoning behind them.

If my choices are to choose between the credibility of competing analysis's ...one group which has purported birtherism, death panels and micro-chips and another non-partisan branch of government trained in economic analysis and responsible for crunching the numbers...I choose the OMB.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

whywhynot
reply to post by Indigo5

Heroes every one of them, need more with strength to vote for us.

Nothing heroic about threatening American families with economic collapse.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Are you a believer of "Borrow your way out of debt?"

Do you have any idea how big the number 17 TRILLION is?

Does common sense exist with liberal lefties?

Seriously, clue me in on how we are able to pay a debt back when we incur debt faster than we can pay it back.

Oh, you assume it will get better in the future.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yea but putting a band aid on your finger while slashing your wrists aint finding a solution

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ajm4481

Yep its that simple isn't it.

Am I being sarcastic?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

Wow really? I'm Lost for words.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So Increasing debt is a great idea then? an impact of Increasing debt that would last for generations?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Ya, let's cut off our legs to cure a sore elbow. Let's hit ourselves in the head with a bat to cure a hang nail.
Let's destroy our country to let some idiots try to fix a problem they don't understand.

As a side note:
Obama care only affects people who are poor and people who are self employed that don't buy insurance. This is a fairly small minority of the country. Even if Obama care doesn't work well, it will not destroy the country. It is not a government takeover of our totally screwed healthcare system.

Republicans and wacked out tea party have totally blown this out of proportion because they want to ensure Obama has a failed presidency. GOP is worried that if the program is successful they will never win another election. They will become a minor party. They have overplayed their hand and are committing political suicide.
edit on 20-10-2013 by fripw because: misspelled and

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by caseyjams

I hate to break it to you but a countries economy is nothing like a persons checkbook or a companies books. It is a totally different animal. Groups like the tea party like to appeal to peoples ignorance by making this comparison.

So spending less or increasing taxes does not necessarily decrease debt and spending more or decreasing taxes does not necessarily increase debt.

The tea party's plan is a total disaster because they have an idiots view of the world.

They will destroy our countries monetary system to implement a plan that will further destroy our economy.

This tea party is worst kind of extremism. Initiated by ignorance and fueled by a propaganda echo chamber.
edit on 20-10-2013 by fripw because: needed to

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

Wheeew !!!

That was sure enlightening to say the least.

Now I'm really starting to understand why we are in the shape we're in.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Indigo5

So Increasing debt is a great idea then? an impact of Increasing debt that would last for generations?

With Debt to GDP and Deficits both declining dramatically at a near unprecedented pace and with the OMB projections showing a continual decline in projections, Yes, it is important to pay our bills.

Raising the debt ceiling is not "increasing debt". That debt already exists and was spent through spending resolutions that the House Of Representatives have already passed. Increasing the Debt Ceiling allows for those already existing debts to be paid.

Do we need to reverse the course of spending? Yes, and that has been done already. If the GOP thinks that we need to spend even less...that's OK too...do it through legislation and the purse strings the way democracy intended it. NOT paying our bills though actually dramatically INCREASES our debt. If you stop paying your credit card bill for a couple of months...what happens to your interest rate?

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

caseyjams

Are you a believer in trimming the budget by not paying your bills?

caseyjams

Seriously, clue me in on how we are able to pay a debt back when we incur debt faster than we can pay it back.

By reducing spending and paying off our bills? Your premise is false that we are incurring debt faster than we can pay it back.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Indigo5

caseyjams

Are you a believer in trimming the budget by not paying your bills?

caseyjams

By reducing spending and paying off our bills? Your premise is false that we are incurring debt faster than we can pay it back.

We are, if interest rates rise to the historic level of just 5% our interest on the debt becomes over $1Trillion dollars

To put that into perspective, the French monarchy collapsed when their debt totalled just 1/4th of their revenues.

Our debt if at historic interest rates, will equal 1/3rd of our revenues.

Do you think our government is immune from what the Divine Monarchs of France were not?

(post by FreeMason removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

FreeMason

Do you think our government is immune from what the Divine Monarchs of France were not?

No, but I also don't think we are the Divine Monarchs of France???

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Indigo5

FreeMason

No, but I also don't think we are the Divine Monarchs of France???

What does that have to do with anything, the Divine Monarchs of France were just as vulnerable to the laws of Economics as the United States is...

And which do you think is playing God more? A King who although called himself a King by the gift of God....or a government that feels there is no law it must be held accountable to, by man or by God.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join