It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of those that voted for Default

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

sealing

greencmp
reply to post by Indigo5

If only there were more, I tip my hat to the brave few who seek to face the music, lance the boil and begin our national healing.

Apparently you celebrate the deniers, spendthrifts and tyrants, might I ask why exactly?

So now you want to deal with the debt?
Why not during Reagan or the Bush eras that brought the mountains of war and debt?
It's ok then I guess.

None of it is OK, can I assume we are now officially in agreement?

Can we de-authorize all federal financial commitments that are not constitutional now?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Anyone who thinks raising the debt ceiling is a good idea is a FOOL. That's right you have bought into a lie and you might want to question other decisions and thoughts in your life.

The dollar will be the next crash and no amount of bailing out will save it this time. Money will mean nothing your retirement is gone and so is all of your savings.

As sure as the sun will rise again the dollar is done. It is time to make sure you and your family will be alright in economic turmoil. If you care about the people around you buy a little extra canned goods or stock up on other things.

We have 2 years at the very longest before the crash. I am not a sky is falling type of person but the writing is pretty clear this time.
edit on 17-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

In Reagan and Bush's defense, they didn't preside over a government that spent more money than any other president combined and who isn't even halfway through his second term. Though for the record I wanted Bush to reign in the spending as well and complained immensely about the war spending that he and Chaney did for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. I was too young to care about Reagan's spending when he was in office (I was 3), but looking back I'm pretty upset with Reagan's presidency as well. I can thank him for ramping up the war on drugs into overdrive and starting the "trickle down economics" bs.

We should have defaulted. It's inevitable anyways. Better to crash on our own terms so that we can hopefully control it well enough to bounce back faster rather then letting it crash on its own and trying to pick up the pieces afterwards. People forget how economics works, Recessions are always recoverable. There hasn't been a single Depression or Recession in the history of the world where humans haven't built themselves back up afterwards. Would the country be the same afterwards? Nope, but that could be a good thing because the way it is ran now is like watching two conjoined twins who hate each other try to decide which road to walk down.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You do not look to "get out of debt" by stopping paying your bills...You spend less...and that is CONGRESS'S responsibility before the bills come due.

that's true. it is also true if you barrow money from guy A to pay guy B back, you still have to pay guy A back at the interest rate he charges. and if you keep on doing that you never get out of debt. that what happens if you raise the debt ceiling. you just incur more debt. no matter how you try to spin it.

so you have to stop unnecessary spending, that means cut to programs. now we could go on and on about where to cut and what to cut first. but in the end, we would still wind up having to cut programs that going by your past posting history, you would complaining over that.
edit on 17-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by Indigo5

Anyone who thinks raising the debt ceiling is a good idea is a FOOL.

And you found this argument on name calling and further support it with all-caps?

I can't really engage in grown-up conversations with people that think this way.

SubTruth
That's right you have bought into a lie and you might want to question other decisions and thoughts in your life.

Ummm...OK. I am questioning the wisdom of responding to this post. Does that count?

SubTruth
The dollar will be the next crash and no amount of bailing out will save it this time. Money will mean nothing your retirement is gone and so is all of your savings.

Nothing that hasn't been said for 50 years...but I will give you this...the wacko's that believe the same came closer to making it a reality this week then they have in the past.

Do you sell gold for that outfit that Glen Beck pitches for?

SubTruth
As sure as the sun will rise again the dollar is done. It is time to make sure you and your family will be alright in economic turmoil. If you care about the people around you buy a little extra canned goods or stock up on other things.

We have 2 years at the very longest before the crash. I am not a sky is falling type of person but the writing is pretty clear this time.

Hmmm...Good luck with the end-of-days...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Hey I have a hypothetical situation for you. Let's say that you break your leg and for whatever reason you fail have it set and put into a cast. Because of this it heals wrong and you end up with a limp that slowly causes your body to ache more and more from the constant bad posture. Now you go to the doctor and have two options to pursue. Do you either A) have the doctor proscribe percocet to dull the pain, but in the process come with new problems like addiction. Not to mention it doesn't fix the problem. Or B) have the doctor rebreak the leg so he can properly set it and let it heal again. Therefore going through some intense pain again as the leg is rebroken and has to reheal, but after it finishes properly healing, you will be fine again since your posture will have been corrected.

I assume you are an intelligent person so I won't spell out the parallels I'm getting at here with the default.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

breaking the legs and restructuring is fine, not amputating. So it does not look like the laughingstock of the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Indigo5

Hey I have a hypothetical situation for you. Let's say that you break your leg and for whatever reason you fail have it set and put into a cast. Because of this it heals wrong and you end up with a limp that slowly causes your body to ache more and more from the constant bad posture. Now you go to the doctor and have two options to pursue. Do you either A) have the doctor proscribe percocet to dull the pain, but in the process come with new problems like addiction. Not to mention it doesn't fix the problem. Or B) have the doctor rebreak the leg so he can properly set it and let it heal again. Therefore going through some intense pain again as the leg is rebroken and has to reheal, but after it finishes properly healing, you will be fine again since your posture will have been corrected.

I assume you are an intelligent person so I won't spell out the parallels I'm getting at here with the default.

Perfect way of explaining it.

I fear that the addiction is too deep with these people.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Krazysh0t

breaking the legs and restructuring is fine, not amputating. So it does not look like the laughingstock of the world.

Even if you had to amputate at least you get a fresh start.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

The problem with that analogy is that the US wound is not getting any smaller and the band aids can barely cover the whopping hole, eventually the wound will be too big to put a band aid on it and still death by injury will be the result.

Then the question is you want to die now or later, the longer the wait the painful will become.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You partly agree?? Looking at your bank statement just tells you what cash you have on hand and what you've paid. It doesn't show you the bills stacked-up on your desk that are coming due. You know all that debt we've racked-up ($16.7T)? It all has payment dates. Not making them = default. Not sure what you're trying to illustrate with the treasuries maturity chart. That's only part of the story.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Last I checked amputations don't kill you and cripples aren't laughingstocks of anyone except sociopaths. So how is that worse then developing a percocet addiction and slowly destroying your body through bad posture? I'm sure your spine will be loving you.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yep! You have to admire those who are willing to sacrifice not only their jobs but also the welbeing of their constituants to stand on their principles.

I can see four of these people who, for my part, will be counted among the unemployed after the next electioncycle.
I will put forth any and every effort I can and work as hard as I can to get them out of office.
Maybe they can then show us how to feed their childern on their principles.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

And that is a whole bunch of crapola, always the littler children, obviously you have not idea how the politirats in Washington work, I guess you got scare with all the crap that was feed to believable about how shutdown works and how bad it was going to be, Even the president help feed the lies.

It was nothing but a pony show, get it!

link   
reply to post by teamcommander

Yeah exactly! How dare those Republicans not bend over and acquiesce to the Democrats' demands! Shame on them for having views different from the Democrats. Out of office with the lot of them! /sarcasm

link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by Indigo5

I have a hypothetical for you. Let's say you have a mild heart attack, but recover. While you were recovering in the hospital, you gained a lot of weight due to the inactivity. You leave the hospital, start eating better and walking everyday...and the weight you gained slowly starts to drop-off, but you are still overweight.

You go in for your check-up and the doctor explains you are recovering well, your weight is dropping and your ticker looks better with each check-up. Be patient and keep up the good work.

The following week you go in for your next check-up and there is a substitute doctor while your regular doctor is on vacation. He asks you to lie down on the examination table. When you do he leaps on top of you and straps you to the table so you can't move. You start to scream and another of his colleagues rushes in and rather than help they both start to argue about what they should do to you. One doctor says that they should starve you near to death...but it's for your own good...the other doctor pulls out a scalpel and says they should just kill you on the spot...cuz you are overweight and going to die someday anyway. All of the craziness and threats make your heart to begin to beat faster where the doctors say...just look at you...your heart isn't even beating normally...you need us to help you.
edit on 17-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Just say you don't know.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

If is something that I have learned around here is that most people have short term memories, either that of many just keep feeding the status quo.

Yes I am sure that the QEs were paid in time and the Too humongous to fail never sweat a thing during the shut down.

The irony, scaremongering of the littler people while the too humongous and wealthy laugh all the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

jtma508

You partly agree?? Looking at your bank statement just tells you what cash you have on hand and what you've paid. It doesn't show you the bills stacked-up on your desk that are coming due. You know all that debt we've racked-up ($16.7T)? It all has payment dates. Not making them = default. Not sure what you're trying to illustrate with the treasuries maturity chart. That's only part of the story.

Well.

Can somebody show the figures ?

Why assume at this point ?

I say the revenues can pay the bills, including the existing securities as they come due and payable.

The U.S. can easily increase revenues.

FY2014 estimated direct revenue is more than $3 trillion.

Why would we need more ?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So the government can keep feeding the waste and abuse of the tax payers money in the nation and for Obamacaca to keep paying the increasing welfare class so they stay faithful to him.

he is about to ram 30 million more candidates to welfare into the system with his immigration reform

edit on 17-10-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join