It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Comet ISON Changes Course Twice!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Monday the National Report covered a report from the Russian Federal Space Agency (ROSCOMOS) that claims Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) has made a number of “unexpected orbital adjustments” in the past 30 days that defy scientific explanation. This information was made public through the Kremlin but as of press time today the story remains unreported by media sources outside Russia.

To clarify what the Russian report means I contacted a source the National Report has used many times in the past to clarify NASA press releases. Retired NASA astronomer David Gould, 68, of Santa Barbara, CA., confirmed yesterday that American scientist tracking Comet ISON estimated last September that on its original course the comet would safely pass Earth on 26 December 2013 at approximately 0.426 A.U., or 63 million + kilometers.
The Russians reported yesterday that ISON changed course twice, the first time was shortly after 1 am Russian time and again at 2:49 am. This would’ve been 11 am PST here, and 12:49 pm PST respectively.
I requested Gould recalculate the September figures to take into account the latest course changes and provide us with an estimate of the distance the comet would pass from Earth using the new Russian data and provide us with his ballpark estimate on ISON’s new path.

Is this Bad?

Read full here : http://_national_report_dot_net_/comet-ison-changes-course-earth-scientist-show-isons-new-path/

See Comet Ison Realtime Image and Update here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ok, if this is true maybe they should have writen LANDING instead of IMPACT ........ PHAAAAAGE !!!!!!

On the positive side, we still have Christmas this year

edit on 17-10-2013 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Um...if a celestial object makes course corrections, and you can eliminate external gravitational forces as a factor...that indicates intelligence.

Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So Earth passes through its tail....or under??

edit on 17-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: or under

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
From the article:

Gould pointed out the Russians gave no specific data on the comet’s course, but based on their statement yesterday that ISON had changed course… “seemingly to better align itself with the Red planets strange moon Phobos”

I knew there was something suspicious about that so-called "moon", I'm keeping my eye on you mister, don't try any funny business!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Kryyptyk
reply to post by cheesy

Um...if a celestial object makes course corrections, and you can eliminate external gravitational forces as a factor...that indicates intelligence.

Just sayin'.

Tq sir..Dont mean to say no..but space is full of 'Things', from rock, gas Cme Etc..even Ison it self Contain Gas,If this gas explode on No Gravity Room it Will make change course..but maybe i wrong to..wait for the Expert

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

hmmmm.... im going to have to keep an eye on this thread, hopefully the picture is incorrect (if it really is an asteroid lol), thanks for the info!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
National Report is a fake news site.....

Just saying.

As us English would put it, it's a load of old bollocks.

ISON will not hit Earth.

DISCLAIMER: National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental . The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help (and you may be if you are on this page), please consult a professional. National Report is intended for a mature audience and not for children under the age of 18.

Source
edit on 17/10/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's another article from the same site in the OP.

http://_national_report_dot_net_/comet-c2012-s1-ison-changes-course-several-times-past-29-days-scientist-say-thats-impossible/

Can't find anything else about this outside of this site. The skeptic in me is raising red flags.

link   
reply to post by cheesy

If you look at the trajectory from the top only, it looks like impact but, space is not flat.
You need to see it from a different point of view
Here another visualization

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
So Earth passes through its tail....or under??

edit on 17-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added: or under

No iam not sure but i am googling now sir..

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yeah it's bad. NASA have even stopped stop watching for asteroids during this shutdown. Even Area 51 has had flights stopped going there, all mentioned by this puppet:

Also have a read of this story off a blogspot I use.
Comet Ison and Mercurys Electriacl phenomenon.

Also I watched this yesterday, and I don't know if its fake or not, perhaps someone can enlighten me?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

woogleuk
National News is a fake news site.....

Just saying.

As us English would put it, it's a load of old bollocks.

ISON will not hit Earth.

DISCLAIMER: National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental . The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help (and you may be if you are on this page), please consult a professional. National Report is intended for a mature audience and not for children under the age of 18.

Source
edit on 17/10/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I am sory sir, for me i dont make this as Doom Thread..But Just share some Critical info..i self waiting for expert to Explain it..i love Ison and dont want Ison to be Doom related News..

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

It's not doom related Cheesy, and you don't need an expert.

The site that hosted that story is a self confessed satirical site, it's fake, 100%.

ISON at best will give us a new yearly meteor shower, maybe.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

www.tucsonweekly.com...

urbanlegends.about.com...

www.lsnewsgroup.com...

www.examiner.com...

Nationalreport.net has a long reputation of writing false reports.

I'm calling hoax.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I don't see how that trajectory is even possible. You can't adjust the orbital exit angle in the comets flight path without adjusting the incoming angle. It just doesn't make sense..

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I love your threads, you bring all sources here so we don't have to go looking ourselves. Thank you.

If it is fake you can edit your OP and put a disclaimer at the bottom. It is still a good thread because people can enjoy it and the more sources that are gathered then we all get a better idea.

PS, did you get my message in your inbox?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

woogleuk
reply to post by cheesy

It's not doom related Cheesy, and you don't need an expert.

The site that hosted that story is a self confessed satirical site, it's fake, 100%.

ISON at best will give us a new yearly meteor shower, maybe.

Yes sir i am sory..
if it fake then we so Glad to hear that right?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Tsu322
reply to post by cheesy

I love your threads, you bring all sources here so we don't have to go looking ourselves. Thank you.

If it is fake you can edit your OP and put a disclaimer at the bottom. It is still a good thread because people can enjoy it and the more sources that are gathered then we all get a better idea.

PS, did you get my message in your inbox?

OMg i am really2 sory My Friend i dont know that..99 times sory Pal..

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Indeed young man (or girl, or somewhere inbetween), indeed we are.

Nothing like the excitement of knowing you are going to live another day, or at least until the next end of world scenario.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join