It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can't Please Everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No matter what I do there is going to be someone who criticizes me. It is almost like we need to keep a registry (if that was possible) of everyone's experiences because all of what we perceive as an opinion is related to the combination of memories in our subconscious. If one person has seen particular things, they will relate to something differently that another person who was looking at the same things but just saw them in a different context from other people. So you do something that pleases another person in meaning that they approve of the way you do it, and when the same thing is presented to another person they say it is all wrong. You change one thing to do what is right for someone, then another person says it has been done improperly. That tells me that somewhere ego is getting in the way because how can something be right for somebody and be wrong for another person? How do you know who to believe in order to keep peace and justification about what is right and wrong, good and bad?

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Concentrate on developing an internal compass based on your core values. Armed with that and a commitment to forgive people for their trespasses, you will spend much less time worrying about what others think or say.

new topics

join