It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Shut Down the Concord River

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You don't know what you've got until you lose it.

Sidewalks are next.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Didn't Cyprus promise their resources to pay off their debt? Perhaps the Feds are seeing how much we don't know and how much we will take, just in case they made some kind of promise to the banksters.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Witness2008
Didn't Cyprus promise their resources to pay off their debt? Perhaps the Feds are seeing how much we don't know and how much we will take, just in case they made some kind of promise to the banksters.

I don't think this has anything to do with that. The river isn't a UN Biosphere Reserve, yet.

No, this is more about squeezing grapes. It's the bureaucracy trying to prove to itself how utterly important it is. "They'll see!, no river for you!"

When I meet a government which says to me, "Your money or your life," why should I be in haste to give it my money?

They plainly did not know how to treat me, but behaved like persons who are underbred. As they could not reach me, they had resolved to punish my body; just as boys, if they cannot come at some person against whom they have a spite, will abuse his dog. I saw that the State was half-witted, that it was timid as a lone woman with her silver spoons, and that it did not know its friends from its foes, and I lost all my remaining respect for it, and pitied it.

It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced. I will breathe after my own fashion. Let us see who is the strongest.

-Henry David Thoreau, Concord, 1849

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

mikell
Many years ago we were caught fishing on a small river that the landowner thought we weren't supposed to . When the state DNR guy came and ordered us out of the river we told him we would meet him at the bridge In a couple of hours because the state owns the water and it's right of way. The DNR guy knew that and told the property owner so. Good day fishing but if we would have stepped out of the water we would have been arrested.

I researched the laws here in Michigan concerning water right-of-ways. Any river that had logs floated down it during the logging era back in the 1800s is public right of way. Even though a property owner may own the riverbed, a latter ruling allows fishermen in waders to walk on it. Also, the riverbed extends to the river's highest water mark in the spring, so technically you could walk along the bank where it was underwater in the spring.

However, I wouldn't go pushing the issue with an angry landowner whose property surrounds the body of water you happen to be in, esp. if the fish are spawning on his gravel beds.

Anyway, this doesn't apply to any public owned land where you are free to traverse the area regardless. If they prevent you from river entry on federal land, simply find some other public easement or get permission from a private land owner, they are usually cool if you ask nicely and offer them something in return.

ETA: An up to date plat map helps in this regard, also where a road is next to, crosses or ends at a river is normally ok for access.
edit on 15-10-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line

edit on 15-10-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Does the river know it's closed?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I would like an addendum that just came to me:

We are STILL paying taxes. The IRS is still collecting our money. Our taxes FUND these things. As long as we as STILL paying taxes—taxes that keep these things in operation—then they better stay open, regardless of the partisan dickery that abound and the "shutdown."

If I'm paying for it, I expect something.

DON'T expect to just keep taking my dues and tell me I can't enjoy what I'm paying for.

*mean face*

But people are just bending over and taking it while offering lube.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Vortiki
Yeah, I guess that bill is looking really promising like MSM has been saying. ~eye-roll~ If they are so convinced that they aren't going to default, why are they closing down more parks?

Here's my guestimate:

They closed down all the parks first, because they knew those would be the first places people were going to try to run to?

I don't know, I'm not a doctor, just speculation. The real question is, who has what to gain by a default of the USD? My understanding is that it will hurt the entire planet economically. You can't say it is all the fat-cats in the government, because if they default what good is their millions?

Give you a hint, who is calling for de-americanization of the world and owns two trillion of our debt.

The Chinese

The Bot

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

dlbott

Vortiki
Yeah, I guess that bill is looking really promising like MSM has been saying. ~eye-roll~ If they are so convinced that they aren't going to default, why are they closing down more parks?

Here's my guestimate:

They closed down all the parks first, because they knew those would be the first places people were going to try to run to?

I don't know, I'm not a doctor, just speculation. The real question is, who has what to gain by a default of the USD? My understanding is that it will hurt the entire planet economically. You can't say it is all the fat-cats in the government, because if they default what good is their millions?

Give you a hint, who is calling for de-americanization of the world and owns two trillion of our debt.

The Chinese

The Bot

Interesting point.

There was a TV commercial along these lines recently showing a bunch of Chinese in a University like setting in the future - where they were clearly the superpower - talking/laughing about the former superpower US and it's economy.

Maybe a heads-up or warning from TPTB? Many believe they telegraph their big moves often.

Who knows what to believe anymore...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join