It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Schedule Obama Impeachment Hearings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

This from someone who is in deep and knows it.

113th Congress
Presidential campaign finance investigation
Bachmann is under investigation by the House Ethics Committee, the Federal Election Commission, the Iowa Senate Ethics Committee, the Urbandale Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation because of alleged campaign finance violations in her 2012 campaign for President.[155][156]
It is alleged that members of her staff made under-the-table payments, that funds were illegally transferred from her leadership PAC to pay consultants for her presidential campaign and that hidden payments were made to Iowa State Senator Kent Sorenson.[157][158]
Additionally, a lawsuit has been filed alleging that Bachmann and several former staffers stole and misused an Iowa homeschool group's e-mail distribution list. The trial, Heki v. Bachmann, has been set for May 14, 2014.[159]
On July 26, 2013, the House Ethics Committee announced they were conducting a full investigation of Bachmann, saying that they had received a referral from the Office of Congressional Ethics.[160][161]
Retirement
On May 29, 2013, Bachmann announced that she would not seek re-election to her Congressional seat in 2014.[11] Bachmann stated in an interview with Fox News in June 2013 that she was "not going silent," and would remain involved in politics. She did not rule out a future run for office, or even for the White House.[162] She also said that probes into her campaign finance and the narrow margin of victory for her election were not a part of her decision to avoid seeking re-election.[163]

They are allowing her to bow out quietly. If she makes a stink she might end up like Rod Blagojevich.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

This is such bull...as much as I dislike the Whitehouse they pick this issue for impeachment....this is a big joke especially from this ding bat...this is so embarrassing for every American citizen out there regardless of you political view...both sides are acting so poorly...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I bet you even Ronald Reagan is ROLLING AROUND IN HIS GRAVE.

~Tenth

If the rhetoric keeps up, Reagan is going to reanimate himself, crawl out of his grave, and give the Tea Party & GOP a well-earned b**chslap for screwing up so badly.

Seriously, though, Bachman. a few thousand fries short of the McDonald's franchise she is. Only the most mentally challenged of the most gullible even believe anything that woman spits out.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I vote Impeachment for all, and then we can just vote in new people via Facebook!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I would not be surprised if this is real, but think about it, the Republicans are the ones who caused the shutdown in the House by slapping an irrelevant bill to get rid of Obama Care onto the budget, so now they are going to impeach Obama because he wasn't able to stand up to them firmly enough?

Like I said, I would not be surprised, look at this mess - they should be focusing on the debt ceiling crisis instead of bringing up a whole new issue before that one is resolved...

Oh my God... this is why I don't think we are going to fix the debt ceiling in time.
edit on 14-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by buster2010

I have to agree with you. I don't know what Bachman may have started like before the full spotlight of national media turned on her, directly? She's become a raving lunatic of the extreme far right though. Not just a strong conservative or a proud right leaning American, but extreme to blaze a path extremists admire.

She also can't seem to read very well. Impeachment is a legal process like an indictment, as I'm sure you know. She ought to, as it wasn't that many years ago Bill Clinton was impeached in the House.

She's... umm.. Ahem... (Helloooooo Michelle????) indicting HERSELF. The House Of Representatives has sole responsibility for the origins of all spending bills in the US system. She could complain, if the House was hitting the Senate chamber with a full and complete bill a day to see turned down. Even I'd say it was pretty one sided then.. Now?

Oh.. She needs a mirror, eh? A BIG one....to capture her entire ego. It's a whopper in Jumbo size.

Bumped, Wrabbit. I have to side with you and Sonnny on this one... especially since a trial in the Senate as Dem-lopsided would be less damaging than the Whigs sponsoring a $50-a-bowl ice cream social in Chicago. All the cake you can stand...

Any chance for an effective ouster would require every state having equal recall power to both houses, much less a fully aware general pop: don't think we're quite there for the latter either, from the fall TV schedule. mgawd.

Do any of you feel the Senate became somewhat disconnected from the people's needs after they were elected to DC; instead of appointed by their state legs? I personally feel that recall vote power we used to have at the state level (that was removed ) was a real biggie.

Too many jokers on and in the deck for justice now, *sigh*.
A pipe dream from the Untied States of Corruptia

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I know who Bachmann has come to remind me of. Does anyone else occasionally watch "1,000 Ways to Die"? It's like a TV version of the Darwin Awards and the fatal outcome isn't the point.....but she's become the living version of 'Musket Mary'.

Episode #440 / Teabagged

It's one of those stereotypes so extreme to the bubble headed bumper sticker on two legs, it's one of the funnier ones, despite poking fun at the general side of life I identify with. Errr....everything in moderation, and she needs a 12 Step program or something.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Tenth, you are right, but for people born into and stuck in the Tea Party culture it can be a hard one to escape. I think a lot of them are afraid of making a transition to a lifestyle they don't understand.

----------

On to other news, you are right about the incompetence, look how dangerous it is for the country's stability, even with the Tea Party only having a sizable, not even majority, foothold in the House of Representatives they are able to bring us to default without even being aware of the consequences of what they are doing.

They aren't aware of what they are doing - it is so crazy - they are blaming Obama for the trouble they are causing themselves - my God... I hope that is not the future of this country.

I guess it's shoot first, ask questions later.
edit on 14-10-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerys

Count me in. Lol

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

What is the worst that could happen if we do default? War? Famine? Nah. Just riots. Lots and lots of huge riots. Then marshall law. Then WAR. Then Revolution!!! Sounds like fun if you ask me. Good thing I'm stocked up on ammo. lol

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I know who Bachmann has come to remind me of. Does anyone else occasionally watch "1,000 Ways to Die"? It's like a TV version of the Darwin Awards and the fatal outcome isn't the point.....but she's become the living version of 'Musket Mary'.

Episode #440 / Teabagged

It's one of those stereotypes so extreme to the bubble headed bumper sticker on two legs, it's one of the funnier ones, despite poking fun at the general side of life I identify with. Errr....everything in moderation, and she needs a 12 Step program or something.

This could turn into a real TeaSlam thread; and I was once long ago almost a Rockefellian slathering button-down beast.
Now I am ashamed. not. This stuff needs to stop, because too much partisan gridlock like recently could do a lot of us in.

To replay O/T:
I kind of like the 'Thousand' vignette of the babe swallowing a rather large fish... almost. She was cute and unfortunately stupid as a 5 gal. bucket of damp poodle clippings.
"Remind ye of anyone??" Craig Ferguson ROFL
Methinks she should have cleaned the scales off it first....

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I think it's worth noting she isn't like any Tea Party people I know or have known, including a couple in my own family. Bachmann is bombastic and offensive when there isn't even anything gained by it. A bomb thrower like Randi Rhodes or others....except Bachmann is a sitting U.S. Congresswoman. (hopefully a solid Conservative or Libertarian can unseat her from her own district to change that).

I hope it isn't a bash fest, because the Tea Party is as much a 'party' as 'Occupy' was an organization. They both did and still do represent ideas and concepts for a way to live more than anything so organized as people outside attribute to them.

She's a nutcase these days, but if we're talking Tea Party as in a town? She's out past where the buses don't run as an individual, IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Emerys
reply to post by darkbake

What is the worst that could happen if we do default? War? Famine? Nah. Just riots. Lots and lots of huge riots. Then marshall law. Then WAR. Then Revolution!!! Sounds like fun if you ask me. Good thing I'm stocked up on ammo. lol

I love the avatar too.. if it gets a little hot in the hood there's the 4 1/2 million ton escape pod that doubles as a razor blade sharpener. Both Thumbs Up.

If we default, nothing works. Not people, power sources, or martial law. The latter doesn't really have to.

If you remember Katrina and almost everything else, the Feds just stood back and let things rot until nobody could put up much of a fight. Then they came in and traded food for guns.
The holdouts like the old lady with the .32 were golem-ed down by the roid dude.
Makes you wonder what happened off-camera, doesn't it?

Edit: Besides, with enough Cesium and other slower decaying junk isotopes coming off that giant ball of spreading death In Japan-- as well as everything else floating around-- we won't be camping long, even if we get to the camp. I predict in three to five years the chocolate is gonna literally fall off everybody's Ho-Ho's; and we get to fall over without bullets getting used at all.

Remember: just one molecule of Plutonium and you've got cancer. 100% chance, it only depends on where it plants. Ain't I fun? How green was my grasshopper, even in the dark LOL
edit on 14-10-2013 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

ParanoidAmerican
I would say it is BS all together.

Obama Impeachment Hearings Begin created 38 mins ago......

There's some other beauties on the The Daily Currant

The Daily Currant

Cruz never said anything about Hitler either

About

The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by derfreebie

I think it's worth noting she isn't like any Tea Party people I know or have known, including a couple in my own family. Bachmann is bombastic and offensive when there isn't even anything gained by it. A bomb thrower like Randi Rhodes or others....except Bachmann is a sitting U.S. Congresswoman. (hopefully a solid Conservative or Libertarian can unseat her from her own district to change that).

I hope it isn't a bash fest, because the Tea Party is as much a 'party' as 'Occupy' was an organization. They both did and still do represent ideas and concepts for a way to live more than anything so organized as people outside attribute to them.

She's a nutcase these days, but if we're talking Tea Party as in a town? She's out past where the buses don't run as an individual, IMO.

Noted. With my idealogies, not financial or political but as the ten-question web test recently showed, I'm a 90-10% cent Libertarian myself. And for the Tea Party getting co opted, the jury's probably going to be out for a long time about deliberate misdirection. But if the shoe throws...

Fiscal responsibility and smaller government are getting to be real visible, hot button issues with almost everyone by now.
Gratefully... because between you, me and Michelle she's starting to look like one little poison pill.

It's a shame: and I'll agree with you that spokepeople for valid movements usually get disavowed after making enough gaffes.
But why is she getting crickets for the obvious lost cause except from the alternative boards?

I also wonder how much of this impeachment (lost cause before we start) is more mamadrama, and scripted falling on the sword.
Is this another dig to get some troublesome TP House members out of the way in one sweep next year? At the last, it is looking a little like the MSM is trying to strawman the TP at large and get their real platform scuttled. But like I always say, I'm not Dennis and I'm usually wrong.

Again, I agree 200% Michelle's batteries appear the wrong model number altogether. But there must be a reason anything this fetched from the outer reaches could get airplay.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

Yet he's an elected government official along with all the rest of these idiots.

What a sad state of affairs.

~Tenth

Then......

We have to Unelected them.

(I wish my one vote had the voting power of 3000000x)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
You all have been had .. the Durant is satire.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
So you play impeachment your country goes bankrupt and down in flames.

Smart move America!

Your great at smart moves

edit on 15-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

In all honesty ... I so HOPE & PRAY THIS IS TRUE ...
However ... I had some suspicions due to the numerous times
this claim was made during the course of this year and so on ...

So, I did some searching & still am ... ( currently going through Twitter ... many
of the tweets are reminiscent of yet, the same below ... still looking ... )

QUOTE From Snopes.com
Personal NOTE: Although, some truth was brought to my attn. a while ago, in which
Snopes is controlled by the WHITE HOUSE ... just as MAINSTREAM MEDIA ...

However ... this is what I have found with that search & The truth here I AM SURE OF is that:
" The Daily Currant " ( which is the apparent initial source this announcement originated )
IS SATIRICAL & in fact even the actual "Daily Current's" ... "About" section states:
Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues
through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world.

SNOPES: www.snopes.com...

I WILL POST AGAIN 'IF' I COME ACROSS ANY VALIDITY ONCE SO EVER ...

THANK YOU FOR THIS ...
With sincere regard,
I pray this to come to fruition ... AND SOON !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join