It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hanks: ‘Four more years’ for Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

They Always like to keep everything IN the family- just saying
They are all related
source: google bush family tree obama

Trinity

ok now im going to throw up too!

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This is just a sneaking suspicion, but I think the US is on a race to the bottom. You have republicans screwing things up as well as democrats as if it were all spin staged and these liberal pansy-ass actors are promoting the spin. Wow, just wow...

Watching US politics is like watching a marionette show in Italy produced and controlled by the Sicilian mafioso. Except in the case of the US, the marionettes are real meat puppets and the mafioso are international bankers.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle
reply to post by Bassago

This is just a sneaking suspicion, but I think the US is on a race to the bottom. You have republicans screwing things up as well as democrats as if it were all spin staged and these liberal pansy-ass actors are promoting the spin. Wow, just wow...

We are definitely on the express elevator going down, fast. As far as Hanks is concerned I don't think this was really a joke. He just spoke his mind and probably really believes it's a great idea. It's his opinion after all, he can even do a (wasted vote) write-in if he wants.

Personally I still think he's a great actor and can't recall a movie he's been in that was bad. I'll still watch him on screen. Now I'll just have a better understanding of how far the gulf is between the Hollywood elites like him and regular folks living in reality.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here's part of something I put in an earlier thread:

How about Obama's third term? The Daily Kos, not exactly a conservative site, writes this: (Oh, I assume "RWNJ" stands for "Right Wing Nut Job.")

There is a scenario -- a nightmare scenario for RWNJs -- under which President Obama can legally and constitutionally win a third term as President of the United States. Of course, we should know that Barack Obama is too honest and honorable a person to pursue this course of action. But do the RWNJs know that?

But for any actual RWNJs reading this, you can relax. Barack Obama is too honest, too honorable, and too great a man to try and bend or break the Constitution to hold onto the Presidency.

www.dailykos.com...#

Obama is too great, honorable and honest to bend the Constitution to get more terms? And Republicans are called insane?

And, while I know it's futile, would you consider not claiming that the Republicans and Democrats are identical, that Obama is just doing what Romney would have done, or that Obama is just doing what Bush would have done in a third term. Let's have some serious discussion, not that stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

charles1952

But for any actual RWNJs reading this, you can relax. Barack Obama is too honest, too honorable, and too great a man to try and bend or break the Constitution to hold onto the Presidency.

www.dailykos.com...#

Obama is too great, honorable and honest to bend the Constitution to get more terms? And Republicans are called insane?

And, while I know it's futile, would you consider not claiming that the Republicans and Democrats are identical, that Obama is just doing what Romney would have done, or that Obama is just doing what Bush would have done in a third term. Let's have some serious discussion, not that stuff.

Not futile at all actually. Members of congress has been trying unsuccessfully to get this repealed since Ronald Reagan. Frankly I was surprised when Bush Jr left office without a fight.

On January 4, 2013, Rep. José Serrano once again introduced H.J.Res. 15 proposing an Amendment to repeal the 22nd Amendment, as he has done every two years since 1997

Wiki...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Dear Bassago,

What The Daily Kos article was describing was at least two different ways Obama could run again without violating the Constitution. No amendment needed. Actually they give two ways. The story is here:
www.dailykos.com...

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Typical Americans. They never want to take responsibility for their part in the larger scheme of things.

Really? You keep saying that as if you know it to be true but really it's not. How many Americans went out and voted against Obama? Almost the majority, just a few votes short and even then it's an arguable conspiracy. You have to remember exactly who he is bribing for votes and how the Polls don't really matter in the end. Your ignorance of how the system works makes you believe that people aren't trying but we are trying, and we're trying as hard as we can, despite the system being against our favor. But if it gets any worse than we can get what we want American-style.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Typical Americans. They never want to take responsibility for their part in the larger scheme of things. They conveniently forget this is a democracy and therefore requires their input before appointing representatives of their government.

Nope. Obama spontaneously appeared in the oval office. We had nothing to do with it. Bunch of ungrateful sods, all of you. I advise you purchase a mirror and get familiar with it if you want to know who is responsible for the shape this country is in. Every man who has ever lead this nation was put in that office by none other than YOU.

This thread is a bandwagon thread. It's a hateful troll fest that's just aiming to find that single solitary scapegoat and rack up as many like-minded drones as it can. Reminds me of the Salem witch trials. All they wanted was something to hate together. Just like you guys. Anyone notice how everyone is briefly mentioning Tom Hanks before diving into how much they wish they could jam their foot up Obama's back door?

You sicken me. We have a problem to solve and the first step to that solution is pointing fingers? Are we in third grade? Amazing. It's a wonder we're not a third world country. All of the material genius, but none of the maturity. I'm done here. Have fun.
edit on 14-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You talk about pointing fingers? Have you read your own post? I could destroy you right now, but, I really don't think it's worth the effort. Yet, I'll give anyone who wants to a carrot to chew on "Typical Americans". Who are you pointing fingers at now?
edit on 10/15/2013 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Dont judge an actor by the roles he plays, Ive learned that time and time again.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I really wish my favorite entertainers would just keep their political opinions to themselves. That said, I'm not going to boycott his movies. He has a right to his opinion. Doesn't mean his movies suck. I have a lot of friends that I couldn't disagree with more when it comes to politics, religion etc. Guess what, we're still friends. Hell, my wife voted for Obama the first go around, and I'm not planning on boycotting her anytime soon, though I think she tries to boycott me every now and then.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

abe froman
Raise your hand if you think Tom Hanks dropped his private insurance policy and signed up for Obama care.

And on a side note Tom Hanks acting sucks. He basically is the same character in every movie.
edit on 14-10-2013 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

That's an utterly ridiculous statement. The guy won back to back Oscars. Yeah, Tom Hanks plays the same character in Big as he does in Cast Away. He plays the same character in Joe Versus the Volcano as he does in Apollo 13. He plays the same character in Philadelphia as he does in The Money Pit. You, sir, fail. Again, that's one of the most ridiculous things I have seen posted on this site...and that's saying a lot.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

beezzer

buster2010

beezzer
Every vote for Obama in 2016 is one less vote for Hillary Clinton.

Go Obama!

(-This post has been brought to you by the Committee to Elect Dr. Ben Carson. He'll piss off BOTH sides!)

Piss people off or make them wonder why you would want an extreme homophobe as president.

Because he's a good common-sense leader. But it appears that you are racist!

(oh god I've been wanting to do that for a WHILE!!!)

lol

What common sense does he have? Oh yeah that's right he cried about Obamacare. Mean old Obama is making it so these Doctors can't keep ripping people off by overcharging them.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

usertwelve
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You do realize that America is not a democracy but a republic. The popular vote does not elect a president. It's just for fun.

Thank you for posting this. Some people just don't critically think. Remember people, if you're not a delegate then your vote doesn't matter!! Then let's not even speak on the Diebold voting machines which have been hacked and force fed votes to meet whatever candidate they desire by numerous universities. How you guys think George Bush got his second term?

Diebold hack with 10$ in parts - www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Bassago

that's a shame, i used to have a lot of respect for hanks. always thought him to be level headed.
turns out he is just as blind as most of the hollywood types.

never again to watch any of his movies on the big screen or the little for that matter.

OMG is politics that important to you.???? You'd just cut someone who doesn't agree with you completely out of your life ! ?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wow. If this thread does nothing else it certainly illustrates the intollerablity and the stagnation of thought that is the Republican party. Primary thought being I used to like him but now that I know he likes Obama I say feed him to the lions. Disown him. Never to be looked upon again. Shunned.... extreme simply for having a difference of opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

C'mon he was obviously kidding. The article evens says that he was chuckling as he said it. We all know that potus is limited to two terms and to change that would require a constitutional convention. Not gonna happen folks. Just because a movie star says something doesn't mean it means anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

acuna
reply to post by Bassago

C'mon he was obviously kidding. The article evens says that he was chuckling as he said it. We all know that potus is limited to two terms and to change that would require a constitutional convention. Not gonna happen folks. Just because a movie star says something doesn't mean it means anything.

I have addressed "just kidding" and 22nd amendment issues a couple times in this thread. Did you read any of the posts or just jump from start to end? I initially said:

I've been wondering about how long it would take the progressives to start floating this idea in the mainstream.

We'll see going forward if this isn't the MSM floating a trial balloon for Obama's 3rd term. You really doubt people aren't thinking about this?

Repealing amendments is a red herring anyway. Considering Obama's attacks and outright dismissal of the Bill of Rights, implementation of Constitution free zones, etc, etc, I doubt the guy really gives a damn about the legality of trying for a 3rd term anyway.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I voted for Gary Johnson, you want change, stop supporting the fools in the major two parties and start supporting smaller candidates. Once upon a time in this nation the president won via plurality not majority.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Doesn't this happen with practically every 2 term president? I remember there being a lot of calls for The Great One (GWB) to "serve" a 3rd term, as well as many conspiracy theories thatsomething was planned to keep him in office indefinitely. This happened with Clinton and Reagan too. The thing is, it never happens for real, so who cares?

Personally, I think those who make the suggestion, as well as those who get all upset about it simply believe that the president is either largely at fault or deserving of credit, and tend to simplify what is wrong/right by pinning it on one person they are (either negatively or positively) obsessed with.

Oh, and someone said Hanks is the same character in all of his movies...I can't think of a more varied body of work than his. a passing glance over his list of movies and even the most ardent anti-Obama folks would see this.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WakingDream

I'm always happy to learn new things.

Once upon a time in this nation the president won via plurality not majority.
Could you tell me when this was? I can't seem to find it. I started with Article 2 of the Constitution, maybe it was before we had a Constitution?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join