It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hanks: ‘Four more years’ for Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lately I've been wondering about how long it would take the progressives to start floating this idea in the mainstream. Apparently it's already been making the rounds in other venues but here it is from the Washington Times. Just a little "feeler" so to speak to give the serfs a heads up maybe. Excuse me while I go throw up.

Tom Hanks quips: ‘Four more years’ for Obama

Mr. Hanks, who’s starring in the soon-to-be-released “Captain Phillips” and was in Washington, D.C., this week for a premiere showing at the Newseum, declared his choice for president for 2016: Mr. Obama, The Hill reported.

“I’m voting for Barack Obama, 2016,” he said. “Yes I am. Four more years.”

I can hear the roar of approval already from those who believe their "messiah" can do no wrong. It will echo all the way from the bottom of Mexico.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It's disgusting he takes from the poor and gives to the rich and bombs who he likes. The man is worse than bush by far. As for Hanks the diabeetus must be going to Hsu brain

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Out of curiosity, what were your feelings regarding Bush while he was in office? Or Clinton? Or the other Bush?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, Hanks has gone off the deep-end... That sucks cause I like his acting. Too bad he's a loon now.

On a related note.. I have heard that there could be a push for another term for Obama *gasp* (if his world destroying plans don't complete by 2016, heh..) and the only other president to have more than 2 terms was FDR. He served 4 terms and a total of 12 years. Can someone explain how 4 terms = 12 years? Excuse my ignorance but I'm seriously curious.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

FDR died early in his fourth term. The law of two terms didn't exist until after he was in office, in 1947.

President Terms
edit on 14-10-2013 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oh great, here we go... We knew it was coming.

I'm sure not going to be seeing Captain Phillips, or any other Tom Hanks movie for that matter.

Go home Tom Hanks, you're drunk...

link   
The op must not understand that in some states people are allowed to vote for who they want right? Hanks isn't calling for a repeal of the 22nd amendment he's just speaking about using his rights.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yes. Let's blame Obama. Let's not give a single thought to all the Americans who put him in the oval office. Or did you guys forget he was voted in by people just like you?

Show of hands. Who voted for McCain? What about Romney? Anyone vote for that guy? Don't be shy, let's find out who voted for the stuffed peacock and who voted for the scapegoat.
edit on 14-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

that's a shame, i used to have a lot of respect for hanks. always thought him to be level headed.
turns out he is just as blind as most of the hollywood types.

never again to watch any of his movies on the big screen or the little for that matter.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Bassago

Out of curiosity, what were your feelings regarding Bush while he was in office? Or Clinton? Or the other Bush?

As for Bush 1 I didn't trust him much but appreciated his stance in the first Iraq war. Specifically throwing Saddam out of Kuwait and then sticking to the plan, which was not the destruction of Iraq.

Clinton, well I can't say much for his personal ethics but he seemed to do a good job on the economy picking up on what congress and Bush 1 had already started. Then he kept it going in the right direction.

Bush 2 was a complete disaster and he's the president I hold responsible for tipping us over the edge toward ruin.
edit on 000pm0202pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

CINY8
reply to post by Wookiep

FDR died early in his fourth term. The law of two terms didn't exist until after he was in office, in 1947.

President Terms
edit on 14-10-2013 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

Gotchya, thanks for the prompt response there. *thumbs up*

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Typical Americans. They never want to take responsibility for their part in the larger scheme of things. They conveniently forget this is a democracy and therefore requires their input before appointing representatives of their government.

Nope. Obama spontaneously appeared in the oval office. We had nothing to do with it. Bunch of ungrateful sods, all of you. I advise you purchase a mirror and get familiar with it if you want to know who is responsible for the shape this country is in. Every man who has ever lead this nation was put in that office by none other than YOU.

This thread is a bandwagon thread. It's a hateful troll fest that's just aiming to find that single solitary scapegoat and rack up as many like-minded drones as it can. Reminds me of the Salem witch trials. All they wanted was something to hate together. Just like you guys. Anyone notice how everyone is briefly mentioning Tom Hanks before diving into how much they wish they could jam their foot up Obama's back door?

You sicken me. We have a problem to solve and the first step to that solution is pointing fingers? Are we in third grade? Amazing. It's a wonder we're not a third world country. All of the material genius, but none of the maturity. I'm done here. Have fun.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Wookiep
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, Hanks has gone off the deep-end... That sucks cause I like his acting. Too bad he's a loon now.

On a related note.. I have heard that there could be a push for another term for Obama *gasp* (if his world destroying plans don't complete by 2016, heh..) and the only other president to have more than 2 terms was FDR. He served 4 terms and a total of 12 years. Can someone explain how 4 terms = 12 years? Excuse my ignorance but I'm seriously curious.
edit on 14-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

FDR died while in his fourth term.
1st term 1933-1937
2nd term 1937-1941
3rd term 1941-1945
4th term 1945-death April 12, 1945
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Raise your hand if you think Tom Hanks dropped his private insurance policy and signed up for Obama care.

And on a side note Tom Hanks acting sucks. He basically is the same character in every movie.
edit on 14-10-2013 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Bassago
Lately I've been wondering about how long it would take the progressives to start floating this idea in the mainstream. Apparently it's already been making the rounds in other venues but here it is from the Washington Times. Just a little "feeler" so to speak to give the serfs a heads up maybe. Excuse me while I go throw up.

Tom Hanks quips: ‘Four more years’ for Obama

Mr. Hanks, who’s starring in the soon-to-be-released “Captain Phillips” and was in Washington, D.C., this week for a premiere showing at the Newseum, declared his choice for president for 2016: Mr. Obama, The Hill reported.

“I’m voting for Barack Obama, 2016,” he said. “Yes I am. Four more years.”

I can hear the roar of approval already from those who believe their "messiah" can do no wrong. It will echo all the way from the bottom of Mexico.
I really wish these Hollywood people would keep their thoughts to themselves. Now there's one more I have to boycott. I used to like Hanks and his movies. Now since he obviously has no respect for the laws of the land and the Constitution, I have lost all respect for him.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Bassago

This thread is effing ridiculous. No one wants to take credit for the fact that it was Americans like ourselves who chose Obama for president. It doesn't help the "stuffed peacock" was the only other option available.

I disagree with you. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we don't see more and more of this subtle propaganda in the future culminating in our emperor going for 3 in a row. If I'm wrong and anyone remembers this thread (doubtful) then I'll say I was wrong. I give it a 50/50 chance as things stand now.

So if you want to BITCH about the president, first, take a good look at exactly WHO PUT HIM THERE.

Oh I am. A bunch are even here on ATS.
edit on 006pm5252pm62013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Typical Americans. They never want to take responsibility for their part in the larger scheme of things. They conveniently forget this is a democracy and therefore requires their input before appointing representatives of their government.

Nope. Obama spontaneously appeared in the oval office. We had nothing to do with it. Bunch of ungrateful sods, all of you. I advise you purchase a mirror and get familiar with it if you want to know who is responsible for the shape this country is in. Every man who has ever lead this nation was put in that office by none other than YOU.

This thread is a bandwagon thread. It's a hateful troll fest that's just aiming to find that single solitary scapegoat and rack up as many like-minded drones as it can. Reminds me of the Salem witch trials. All they wanted was something to hate together. Just like you guys. Anyone notice how everyone is briefly mentioning Tom Hanks before diving into how much they wish they could jam their foot up Obama's back door?

You sicken me. We have a problem to solve and the first step to that solution is pointing fingers? Are we in third grade? Amazing. It's a wonder we're not a third world country. All of the material genius, but none of the maturity. I'm done here. Have fun.
What do you stand for my friend? Got anything more than judging everyone else?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It was not our fault of course. I doubt the majority really supported him, but those who did weren't voting for him to do what he is doing.. they were voting for promises not kept. The majority of Americans want to remove every congress member and Obama has an incredibly low approval rating. Also this thread isn't ridiculous, you are for going on about something off topic.

I voted third party so I hold no blame. Everyone needs to step up and vote third partt for real change. And recall all congressmen.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You do realize that America is not a democracy but a republic. The popular vote does not elect a president. It's just for fun.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

I thought that was ratified in the 1950's? Anyway, Roosevelt was the first President to be elected for a third term. He actually didn't want to stand but was put forward by his party. He obviously didn't object too much though.

Washington set the precedent for a 2 term Presidency, and it wasn't until the end of the depression and start of a World War that this changed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join