It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are too many and too complex of laws merely another form of Anarchy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I had this idea when thinking of how the Constitution is so plainly written, and today's laws are so complex and weighty no one could understand them, no lay person.

So what these over-burdensome laws really mean is that we live in a lawless society, where the powerful with access to good lawyers can do whatever they want and the poor and weaker middle class have to suffer them.

Simple laws, simple and few enough that anyone could understand, would mean that the rich and powerful could not twist the law to their own gain.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeMason

No.
They are in point of fact a result of bureaucracy with the difference being that one is inflicted upon you while the other is voluntary.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Anarchy means literally, "Rule by none".

This is not anarchy. This is authoritarian plutocracy. Try keeping up with traffic, going about 5 miles per hour over the speed limit, in a beat up toyota in the rich part of town. Who will be pulled over? Your beat up '95 toyota or the '13 BMW next to you?

The long and short of it is that the wealthy make the rules ... and they play by a different set of rules. Look at all the celebs that get arrested for DWIs, drug use, and even assault? They get a slap on the wrist. We do the same thing and we're looking at serious jail time.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The purpose behind those burdensome, complex, and weighty laws is to criminalize the American public. Because then, we need more legislation, taxes, and fees to control that population of criminals.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Klassified
The purpose behind those burdensome, complex, and weighty laws is to criminalize the American public. Because then, we need more legislation, taxes, and fees to control that population of criminals.

Excellent observation!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Actually rule of law is from evil and legion. This is how they think they have ownership rights to our school. There are no such things as laws, there are virtues, ie. thou shalt not harm another, we are to love each other. Higher Ups are of like mind, they have passed these tests and would never harm anyone, not even a fly. God/Goodness doesn't harm.

All else is from the devil, evil, renegades or the dark side. However you wish to term it. Their codes and fine print and rule of iillegal unlawful laws, are made up things written on toilet paper and you know what that is good for. I denounce and renounce their crimes and all their codes and fine print, they alone wear the karma for their acts. they are guilty of harming souls and putting innocent or traumatized people in prisons and will answer for their crimes against humanity and all souls.
edit on 13-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
No. The way we are living at present is the complete opposite of Anarchy and this is what Anarchists seek to eradicate.
Anarchy is a way of living more harmoniously and with respect to each other. Allowing us all the potential to live a happy and fair life and all to reach their full potential.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

taoistguy
Anarchy is a way of living more harmoniously and with respect to each other. Allowing us all the potential to live a happy and fair life and all to reach their full potential.

I love this and I completely agree. Anarchy is perceived to to be violence and chaos, when really it's a total paradigm shift. Don't mess with others and they won't mess with you. Sure, some people that do not want to live harmoniously would have to die to ensure the safety and survival of the tribe ... but for the vast majority, it would all be about economic diplomacy and shared technology.

Think of it as an IRL version of Sid Meier's Civilization.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

Not sure about some people would have to die. I think in the transition towards such a society people will be healed and learn better ways of living than what they are taught at present.

Also, use of tribe is interesting. I tend to think in terms of Community. Tribe seems a bit old fashioned, whereas with the technology we have, we don't have to live in a tribal village kinda way, but that doesn't mean we have to be high tech and exploiting each other and the planet for crazy technology. We can develope ethical technology that benefits us and our children and their children.

edit on 13-10-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Namasute,

Utter the word "anarchy" and instantly spring forth images of Mad Max and The Hills have Eyes, implying all anarchists eat human flesh or murder and rape children with wild abandon. Hollywood is replete with examples of this form of demonization.
(This is NOT a coinsedence by the way)
The truth is anarchy is "voluntary" and as previously mentioned above, is based on peaceful interactions and financially with a true free market, absent of state regulation and corruption.
So you see, it's easy to understand why there is such rampant slander on the part of the establishment to ensure that it's not embraced by the population.
It would bring an end to the current corrupt globalist paradigm in no time at all.
Don't want to declare war on Syria?
Just don't pay for it.
You think the state would keep up the endless cycle of warfare it depends upon for livelihood if the citizens it governed stopped financing it with money and the lives of their children?
Don't want to pay for the bank derivatives that aren't your responsibility or fault.
Just don't pay for it.
Without the people to finance the inequity of the state, most of these corrupt practices would shortly disappear and NO ONE would support or pay for them.
Think the government pays for the roads?
Private industry could accomplish the same task more effectively and in all probability for much cheaper and reliably in a true free market.
Anything the state can do, the people can accomplish reliably without the need for the violence used by the establishment to keep it's grip upon the control of that which it claims complete sanction over.

Anarchy: Frequently Asked Questions

www.youtube.com...

The above example is anarcho-capitalism and in many ways is similar to what libertarians expouse while differing on a few core concepts with respect to religion and "minarchy" better known as rule by small government. Anarchy prefers no government at all. The foundation of anarchy is the eradication of rule by the use of violence, replacing it with voluntarism and the use of social contracts.

-Amitaba-

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am not sure anarchy is the correct analogy but you are correct in that the legislation has become muddled and has actually obscured the Law in which we abide by.

Law, in the purest sense, is transparent and evident.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Yeah. What she/he said.
You'll see that the concept of chaotic and violent and crazy Anarchists is what is sold to us by the mediums controlled by the state. However, actually reading Anarchist literature will tell you the real story.
x

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

taoistguy
However, actually reading Anarchist literature will tell you the real story.

I concede the point to my esteemed colleague...provided the literature he refers to is not "The Book of Eli".
(Just kidding!)

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Not a form of anarchy, but a means of control to the point of imprisonment. (Lack of freedom)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Not anarchy but total control by a huge government (that we have all endorsed inadvertently). Too many laws (or too complex), are ineffective in the long run because you are right - loopholes galore. It could make it anarchy if those who wrote them did not have the muscle to enforce - but they do. Keep people confused and overburdened you rule the world.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I just used the term tribe to describe a group of people sharing the same space, but not necessarily sharing culture, beliefs, or government.

As far as people having to die, naturally there will be marauders that would use the opportunity to use violence to gather resources rather than hard work.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
For once I agree with you, Free Mason. It is a strange form of anarchy, authoritarian anarchy, where those with money and power are pretty much beyond the consequences of law. The vast majority of people in this country can't afford the tricky dicky legal representation that gets cases won. Laws are written to be so complex and confusing, abiding by them is sometimes difficult or impossible.

It's why it is so hard to take on big corporations, unless via class actions. These complex, idiotic laws also make it easier for the wealthy and elites to do business as they see fit, the rest of us be damned.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
For once I agree with you, Free Mason. It is a strange form of anarchy, authoritarian anarchy, where those with money and power are pretty much beyond the consequences of law. The vast majority of people in this country can't afford the tricky dicky legal representation that gets cases won. Laws are written to be so complex and confusing, abiding by them is sometimes difficult or impossible.

It's why it is so hard to take on big corporations, unless via class actions. These complex, idiotic laws also make it easier for the wealthy and elites to do business as they see fit, the rest of us be damned.

Thank you, someone who nailed my OP on the head...

I was just coming in here to try and refine my statement ...

I say it's a form of anarchy because having so many and such convoluted laws allows the rich and powerful to act as if there were no laws.

It goes beyond that, the process itself is so legalized that a case may never have anything to do with the facts or truth of the actions, but might have solely to do with how the case was made.....

It's so F#(#$ed up, that the elites live essentially in a lawless nation.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

edit on 23-10-2013 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

FreeMason
Thank you, someone who nailed my OP on the head...

I was just coming in here to try and refine my statement ...

I say it's a form of anarchy because having so many and such convoluted laws allows the rich and powerful to act as if there were no laws.

Talk about "confirmation bias".
A dozen people tell you objectively how they are different.
Then along comes someone who agrees with the OP so he says:

"FINALLY, someone GETS it!"

Sounds like what has actually taken place is he's so grateful that someone, somewhere who shares his mindset decided to speak up and that this single opinion somehow invalidates the plethora of others who tried to set the OP straight with facts and not "feelings".
This should be moved to the religious relics forum.

-Amitaba-
edit on 24-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

new topics

top topics

join