It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wonder Woman Fan Trailer Shows Hollywood How It's Done

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

While Warner Bros. can’t seem to get a ‘Wonder Woman‘ movie off the ground (despite a script once written by current Marvel godfather Joss Whedon, himself), some fans have taken matters into their own hands. Sam Balcomb spent the majority of 2013 creating this ‘Wonder Woman’ fan trailer, hoping to show Hollywood that it can, and should, be done.

Source Article

Ok. I'll admit it. I would love to see a serious, epic, Wonder Woman movie done. Not a comedy! I would like to see some history involved, and some real grit. As well as a stellar cast of mostly unknowns preferably.

Anyone else?
edit on 10/12/2013 by Klassified because: add link

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Sometimes the fan made trailers look more interesting then the movies that have millions behind them.
Just goes to show what people can achieve when they are passionate about something.
These are the people that Hollywood should have on as creative consultants. That is why Joss Whedan does such a good job.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

True that. As much as I'd love a big budget production, I'd take a B movie, if the script and story were exceptional.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hey there,

That one is fine an all but I prefer THIS take on it...

Wonder Woman Fan Film Trailer:

www.youtube.com...

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

This one definitely has some grit to it. I'm not crazy about her costume, but that can be changed. I do like the throwback to WW2 like the original series, though. There's a lot that could be done with that.

Awesome, thanks for linking it.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

not bad, though the choreography would have to be much better especially where the bullets and bracelets and lasso work are concerned.

lol, back in the 70's I was the only comic book reader-collector I knew that'd buy WW for the stories, and not as Pr0n.
as much as I liked the lynda carter series it's a bit camp nowadays, sorta like the adam west batman

the problem here is that you need an actress with the looks of the one in the fan trailer or better and real gymnastic, dance, and martial arts/weaponry skills, in other words:

A Wonder Woman

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

I think I would rather have a semi-competant actress who is an accomplished gymnast, dancer, martial artist than a highly skilled actress that can't throw a screen punch to save her life, makes the wire work look like an abysmal failure and has everything shot in superslow motion for 3d effect.
I much prefer the WWII backdrop to that of a modern one. As Klass remarked...lotta potential there.
Nazi's are a villain that come across as far less contrived than the current "rogue state/terrorist paradigm" that, to be quite honest, is wearing a little thin. Hollyweird has long since beaten that horse to death.
I actively avoid "terrorist threat" storylines in the movies I choose to watch. They are far too disambiguous ,disingenuous and cookie-cutter predictable for my taste.
The actress in the first one was pretty and the costume was fine but she looked like she struggled a bit too much throughout the entirity of the trailers action scenes. Slow motion used to hide the fact that she was just another pretty face with little else behind her performance other than CGI effects.
That said, I don't really know what's "good"...I only know what I like.

-Amitaba-

edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

lol, I know, and the 2nd one had better fighting skills, but waaay too much lipstick,[more of a trashy, rather than 40's look] and was a wimp, WW doesn't ever need to hit a non super-powered opponent more than once. and that just using the back of her hand.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I agree.
The second clips Diana was most certainly not "amazonian" in stature and even looked perhaps a tad too curveless. The gothy look she sported was also somewhat questionable IMO but her moves kept me mezmerized and that was something the first clip didn't do for me.
Both clips were very well done IMO for fan-made products but it was indeed the "grit" that Klass pointed out in the second clip that I gravitated towards.
Regardless, if H-wood ever does do a Wonder Woman movie, we'll likely both hate the final product:

"SELENA GOMEZ AS WONDER WOMAN!?! W-T-F!?! WHO'S GONNA PLAY THE MALE LEAD, ZAC EFFRON!?!?"

(You get the idea!)

Although unrelated, I completely HATE the idea that Elizabeth Olsen has been cast as Wanda in the next Avengers movie. You can't cast a B-cup actress in a D-cup role and expect me to shell out cash to see it!

-Amitaba-

edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 12-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

too lean, yes
the 1st one certainly has the look
aww c'mon, you have to admit, up until just after the 1st blow the fight sequence was near perfect

the choreography starts falling apart afterward, that arm sweep was atrocious

what the hell were those giant ox-headed guys?

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I thought they were supposed to be giant minotaurs but I've been drinking since 3pm....
Likewise about the action as well. After that first hit, it began to mire itself down in slow motion.
Like that one guy with the pistol who had three scenes where he just aimed and aimed and aimed some more only to run away without squeezing off a single shot. I was just shaking my head at that point.
At the very least, he looked like he could have emptied his entire clip at her before he took off.
Then again, I am can be VERY critical about the quality of my entertainment at times and many films others claim were fantastic fail to resonate with me as it does the bulk of the movie going public.
I DID however love the eyes on the second Diana. Wouldn't wanna mess with a woman who could manage a death stare like that.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Metaphysique

not bad, though the choreography would have to be much better especially where the bullets and bracelets and lasso work are concerned.

lol, back in the 70's I was the only comic book reader-collector I knew that'd buy WW for the stories, and not as Pr0n.
as much as I liked the lynda carter series it's a bit camp nowadays, sorta like the adam west batman

the problem here is that you need an actress with the looks of the one in the fan trailer or better and real gymnastic, dance, and martial arts/weaponry skills, in other words:

A Wonder Woman

They have stuntmen or women for this. She doesn't need to do martial arts or ninja moves.
The second fan trailer was a better looking woman. Or they could use that girl in totall recall. She was pretty good at kicking ass

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

violet
The second fan trailer was a better looking woman. Or they could use that girl in totall recall. She was pretty good at kicking ass

Namasute,

Yeah, I prefered the Diana v2.0 myself as well.
She has the look...she has the moves...She has those eyes...I can overlook the rest.
As for Total Recall, were you refering to Jessica Biel or Kate Beckinsdale?
(Kate played the villain.)

-Amitaba-
edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I didn't read the whole series, but I did read some of them. Yes, the original TV series was a bit campy. That's why I'm hoping Hollywood does this justice. I wanna watch a super hero movie that leaves me wanting more for a change.

Exactly. Although I suspect they will need a good actress, and a few really good stunt women built similar to her. Too bad I'm not a billionaire. I'd just pull together a team of diehard fans, writers, etc. and do it myself. Hey, that could be fun.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That would probably be Beckinsale. She's good at playing the kick ass female role. As in Underworld series. But Kate could never play WW. Not tall enough, or busty enough. She also doesn't have the personality, imo.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Mistaken post
edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I didn't read the whole series, but I did read some of them. Yes, the original TV series was a bit campy. That's why I'm hoping Hollywood does this justice. I wanna watch a super hero movie that leaves me wanting more for a change.

I myself never started as a fan of Wonder Woman. At the time I was more into the X-men with respect to comic books but George Perez and Dick Giordano with their wonderful cover artwork finally rooked me into following the storyline. As for the original series I will say only this:

Had SUCH a crush on Lynda Carter back in the day and despite the storyline NEVER liked Robert Conrad in the male lead role. He always bugged me to no end:

"Knock it off my shoulder...I DARE you!"

Uuuugghh...

That said I hope they will stay true to the original story. Hollywood had demonstrated that "reboots" really only appeal to a younger audience and not the "diehard fans" for lack of a better description. the original appeal of such remakes always loses something in the "translation".

Exactly. Although I suspect they will need a good actress, and a few really good stunt women built similar to her. Too bad I'm not a billionaire. I'd just pull together a team of diehard fans, writers, etc. and do it myself. Hey, that could be fun.

Nothing wrong with that but I personally would rather see a complete unknown cast in the lead role than the "usual suspects" that H-wood always seems to saddle the movie-goers with. Time for some new blood.

That would probably be Beckinsale. She's good at playing the kick ass female role. As in Underworld series. But Kate could never play WW. Not tall enough, or busty enough. She also doesn't have the personality, imo.

We are on the same page...again. Kate is good in the "strong female lead" roles she chooses but at 5' 6"-ish something-or-other" she is ANYTHING but Amazonian in dimensions. They'd have to hire a VERY short cast to pass her off as 6' anything. That said, I am not even sure Gina Carano can pull something like that off...a bit too "butchy" for my tastes.

-Peace be with you sir-

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Damned Quotes

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: More damned quotes

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: More Typos

edit on 13-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: NEVER post before first coffee

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Metaphysique

A Wonder Woman

I've always thought that Xena (Lucy Lawless) or a woman similar to her would be good for this.
I don't know what she's up to now and perhaps she is not in the best condition for it but they should be able to find someone like that.

She even has that sparkle in her eyes like Linda Carter did: Picture here
edit on 13-10-2013 by evc1shop because: ETA: Image URL

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Yeah, Lucy's not bad. She might be able to pull it off. She may be a bit too old now though. Intrepid posted a thread last year with an actress he thought could play WW.
I found the new Wonder Woman

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Gabrielle Miller looks like she could pull it off but Linda Carter was like 5' 8" and Lucy Lawless stands about and inch taller than her while Gabrielle is about 5' 5" so if they are looking to keep WW's height similar, that might be a problem.

Otherwise, keep her on the short list.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join