It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Snowden Victory Celebration - NSA Bulk Spying Going Out Of Business.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

YodHeVauHe
reply to post by Artlogic

Nonsense - his comments didn't come off a 'facetious' at all. In fact, he further confounded the issue by going on to describe his remarks as "factious" I suppose because he is not very familiar - either with the English language itself - or at the very least - with certain fundamental aspects of the language arts. If he is being misunderstood then he should take care to correct himself CORRECTLY, which of course, he did not.

Its not incumbent upon on the 'reader' to "read the mind" of the one posting - who should be clear and precise - Why? This is a remote medium and we do not have access to the ordinary language cues that we would normally have at our disposal were we in the same room together.

But thank you for the clarification anyhow - now I understand a little better something that - on the face of it - looked as though it had been written out of the Cass Sunstein playbook or the like.

As I said - its up to him to be clear. Discussion ends. Thank you.

So - My apologies for any misunderstanding here on this end..........

PS - please realize as well that there are many out there - and some in here even - that actually believe the 'sarcasm' as posted by crankyoldman as being "tried and true." In other words, they really think that's what happening and that we are either 'conspiracy nut at best - or traitors at worst for refuting such things as that which is under discussion now.
edit on 13-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

I was pretty sure he made a typo as that was the only way the sentence made sense....I'm glad its back on track for you

Artlogic

edit on 13 2013 by Artlogic because: Giraffes spotted a typo

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
These (2) short articles from Press TV relate to the main topic in a significant way.

Short Video/Audio (not embedded) featuring Philip Girald
FISA court ruling on NSA ‘bad step’: Ex-CIA officer

While Congress is now taking major steps to restrict the intrusions of the NSA on the American citizenry, the arrogant FISA court self-importantly ignores the traditional American political process and acts on its own (in secret) in complete defiance of the "will of the people.

A former CIA officer says the secret US court that governs surveillance activities has taken a “bad step” by ruling that the National Security Agency can continue its secret collection of phone records of all American citizens.

“Obviously this is a bad step because Congress has been talking about restricting what the NSA can actually do and now we have the courts going ahead and sending the opposite signal that it’s alright for the NSA to continue to do what it’s doing,” Philip Giraldi told Press TV on Saturday.

“The problem is here that the court in this case, the FISA court, and the NSA are working together to collect information that in three months time, depending on Congress getting its act together, might be illegal,” Giraldi said.

A spokesman for Director of National Intelligence James Clapper publicly announced the court’s ruling on Friday.

"DNI Clapper has decided to declassify and disclose publicly that the government filed an application with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court seeking renewal of the authority to collect telephony metadata in bulk, and that the court renewed that authority," Clapper's spokesman Shawn Turner said.

The ruling authorizes the surveillance program for only limited periods of time and the government has to submit new requests for re-authorization every several months.
According to the ruling, the NSA can collect records, including phone numbers, call times and call durations, on all phone calls made in the US.
The secret court’s decision comes as several revelations made so far by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden show how the US spy agency is conducting various controversial surveillance programs.

Why Edward Snowden is an American hero
Opening paragraphs:

The espionage charges against Edward Snowden for informing the American people and the world that the NSA has been conducting the most massive spying operation in history are completely baseless and absurd.

Snowden is not revealing information that places the national security of the nation at stake but information revealing the NSA has instead been tracking enemies of the national security state.

Those who seem to be the real targets of this surveillance program include veterans, Constitutionalists, NRA members, 9/11 Truthers, Ron Paul supporters, and any one else who might have both the courage, the integrity and the ability to resist the imposition of a new military police state under DHS. The latest figures about the “Main Core” list of political dissidents stands at around 8,000,000 today.

No domestic terrorist threat
We know from a report released by a subcommittee of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Intelligence on 3 October 2012 that, after surveying 680 “fusion center” reports gathered from 2009-2010, it had discovered that there were no indications of any terrorist activity: NONE. ZILCH. NADA. NOT ONE! Yet this astounding data has yet to be broadcast or published by ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN.

This sample, which was obtained under conditions that insured if any domestic terrorist activity had been taking place it would have been revealed, supports the statistical extrapolation that domestic terrorist activity in the United States is virtually non-existent.
It also explains why DHS and the FBI have had to fabricate phony events such as those at Sandy Hook and the Boston bombing, which were staged.

edit on 13-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by YodHeVauHe

imho . . ..

anyone

who thinks that this legislation or any other

will curtail in the least the massive keyword search and optional recording of ALL electricity based circuits the last 40+ years . . .

is . . . swallowing the KoolAid . . . the propaganda . . . and/or is abjectly delusional.

The oligarchy is not about to hinder their massive data collection AT ALL . . . not short of their being destroyed at Armageddon.

edit on 13/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is great news. It's been in the works for awhile now. Mainly because it is clogging databases and making intelligence gathering ineffective (for those of you who think it is just for us). I think it will pass because there has been a lot of research done on it to show how it harms their efficacy. In the meanwhile, we get some rights back so that is a plus.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Dianec

This is great news. It's been in the works for awhile now. Mainly because it is clogging databases and making intelligence gathering ineffective (for those of you who think it is just for us). I think it will pass because there has been a lot of research done on it to show how it harms their efficacy. In the meanwhile, we get some rights back so that is a plus.

It is definitely a step in the right direction, though I feel very few ( justifiably so ) will trust them to step back even with legislation in place that demands it. Truly sad state of affairs....Id also add that Britain and several other countries involved would need to pull there hands out of the cookie jar too for anyone to take them seriously.
Trust is earned never given, they have a metaphorical mountain to climb in that respect.
Snowden for prez?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Sounds to me like

your perspective

ASSUMES

that the oligarchy does NOT HAVE

1. literally acres of computers dedicated to the task--and have had for 40+ years.

2. a great deal of expertise learned from those decades of massively filtering every electricity based circuit on the planet.

3. massive amounts of super computing horsepower 35-50 years ahead of what the public knows about dedicated particularly to this task.

4. massively sophisticated to exotic degrees . . . software database analytical resources to maximize prioritized rankings of issues, factors, factoids, individuals, forces, alliances, etc. etc. etc. TO THE MAX . . . much of such very automated with alerts to human operators only for the relatively small number of SUPER CURRENT, SUPER HIGH PRIORITIES.

= = = =

Your analysis sounds comforting. I just don't think it's based on the real world that THEY operate in.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Artlogic

It is definitely a step in the right direction, though I feel very few ( justifiably so ) will trust them to step back even with legislation in place that demands it. Truly sad state of affairs....Id also add that Britain and several other countries involved would need to pull there hands out of the cookie jar too for anyone to take them seriously.
Trust is earned never given, they have a metaphorical mountain to climb in that respect.
Snowden for prez?

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I cannot think of a single case from history . . . wherein a powerful ruling class deliberately abandoned specialized, elite, classified KNOWLEDGE.

. . . BECAUSE . . .

KNOWLEDGE = POWER.

They simply do NOT GIVE UP POWER.

I can't think of it happening in recorded history to any significant, lasting, comprehensive degree whatsoever . . .

POWER ALWAYS ENHANCES ITSELF unless and until THAT POWER BASE; THAT POWER STRUCTURE

is DESTROYED, replaced by another . . . that does the same thing with knowledge = power.

RUTHLESS POWER is more their orgasmic addiction even than money.

Shoot . . . They are cynical enough to have ordered this latest legislative charade themselves . . . another delusion to foist on the sheeple . . . their serfs and slaves.

"All is well folks . . . go back to shuffling obediently along your chain gangs to the salt mines. Remember to take your Soma. Remember to show up to the Morlach's for dinner. We PROMISE not to monitor your every breath, account, moment, buying choice and communication any more--at least not MORE THAN 24/7/365."

edit on 14/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: plural error

edit on 14/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: same

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm at a loss to understand why you "replied" to me, but that's the only reason I am responding to you - otherwise I would not even have seen your posts - not my style - too strident, and self assured as well as being overtly judgmental.

So, in response please allow me to point out that: Its obvious to many here assembled that some have surrendered. To whom? Let's just generalize and say to "the enemy" OK? Its not a cause for sorrow though, nor a thing to be pitied, for those who demonstrate such weaknesses usually weed themselves out without any input or encouragement even from those to whom diatribes such as these are intended. Sorry to disappoint.

BTW - we realize that some here have a need to 'stand out' from the crowd, but bold face and weird colored typeface is not encouraged, nor does it help to get your point(s) across. Please allow for a little advice, and come on down here with the rest of us: ok? - Thank you.
edit on 14-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

1. I probably clicked a reply to your post because it was handy, convenient.

2. Thankfully, you don't seem to have much of a clue about me.

3. I'm not sure what your perspective really is on the OP/topic.

4. I have written more or less in my style as long as there's been computers handy . . . and somewhat, in a limited way, before that . . . with my trusty IBM Selectric. Your assessment of my motivations etc. re my style are thankfully . . . undiscerning and inaccurate, in significant respects. For some points, I do seek to call attention to those points above average.

5. I don't see any possibility of the globalist oligarchy giving up power before Armageddon . . . when it will be wrested from their cold dead hands . . . if even their hands are left.

6. I still don't know your perspective on all that. But I'd like to know.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

BO XIAN

5. I don't see any possibility of the globalist oligarchy giving up power before Armageddon . . . when it will be wrested from their cold dead hands . . . if even their hands are left.

Point five, whilst I'm a long way from convinced that any kind of "Armageddon" nuclear or otherwise is in any way likely to occur in our lifetime, I'm very inclined to agree that any chance of the general populous regaining the right to privacy is extremely unlikely....any law passed that states otherwise would be in my opinion little more than lip service....

As for the other points, well, that's between you and your new friend

Perhaps the only positive in this whole situation is that we are all now completely aware of what we have long suspected, that these creatures have zero respect for there fellow human beings and have no apprehensions whatsoever about spending obscene amounts of public money on infrastructure that they seem to perceive will enhance the stranglehold they already have on everyone....to me actual awareness not suspicion is the first step to liberation.

I wonder what else the Guardian is keeping warm for mr Snowden.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join