It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Liberals think Libertarians are conservatives?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I stand corrected on Paul then. I was going from memory and was not a Paul supporter, as he clearly sided with his conservative Christian beliefs over his professed libertarian ideals. And as others have pointed out, while claiming to be a libertarian, he clearly wasn't a true libertarian. As I posted previously, the conservatives co-opted libertarian ideals to appeal to a wider base, just as progressives have co-opted social liberalism.

As far as directing you to "another" libertarian, how about just going to the libertarian party's website and reading for yourself.

Libertarian Party

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

edit on 10/14/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This has become what is stupidest about political affiliation.

Being a libertarian is thinking for yourself. Standing firmly on your own two legs. I have seen lots of folks say things I agree with here. Some I don't agree with so much. But at the end of it all, if you uphold the individuals rights to do with themselves as they please, you are pretty much on target.

All the haggling about who does and does not fit into some narrowly defined box notwithstanding, obviously.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join