It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit scores impacting new Affordable Care Act insurance plans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I don't own property. Just objects. But I see and understand, and agree with what you're saying.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

webedoomed
Makes sense. You piss off the financial institutions by defaulting, they cut off your lifeline.

Just keep a decent credit score fools!

The problem with the banking industry is that they deliberately try and lead people into a debt trap.

Happened to me. Found a job in the North of the country only to be bait-and-switched, so it didn't last. Started borrowing using my credit card to keep a roof over my head. Eventually managed to find a college funded position which was enough to pay the rent and keep the minimum payments down. But as soon as I try to paid the credit card down, the bank raised my interest rates. My parents helped out as well, but eventually we discovered that I had signed up for PPI about 20 years ago and the bank was throwing on those charges as well.

[PPI is an insurance scam where the banks would charge you 10% of the outstanding amount in order to pay off 10% of your monthly credit card bill if you ever were made redundant or became ill. But when your credit card limit was £1200, that's only £120/month. What they didn't tell you was that they would gradually raise your credit card limit to accommodate the rising interest payments and PPI]. This went on for 8 years until I was able to get a well paying job and was able to pay off the credit card in full, then go to the financial ombudsman and get a refund of about 25% of my payments back (£12000)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Not true. Please fact check the propaganda before you pass it along.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

jaguarsky
reply to post by xuenchen

Not true. Please fact check the propaganda before you pass it along.

Debunking *is* allowed.

Please go for it !!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

stormcell

webedoomed
Makes sense. You piss off the financial institutions by defaulting, they cut off your lifeline.

Just keep a decent credit score fools!

The problem with the banking industry is that they deliberately try and lead people into a debt trap.

...and the people who fall for it are suckas.

Look, the bank didn't force you to use your credit card. They didn't lie to you about your contract. You signed the terms of the agreement, and made choices.

I have credit cards only to improve my credit. I don't use them to get me out of a bind. I would have consolidated my resources, and dropped my standards of living until income is restored. Craigslist for rooms... whatever, but I'll be damned if I ever use a credit card as my lifeline.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tancred

I watched it all. There was something off about her, I could tell, right from the get-go. Anyway, halfway through I was nodding my head in agreement. By the end, I felt like something was off, again.

One commenter wrote:

how to spot a disinfo agent in 3 steps:
1) credit is placed on the vatican for manipulating the markets and secretly directing western governments.
2) absolutely no mention of Rothschild.
3) use of idealistic expressions placing emphasis on the power and awareness of the people, and voicing optimistic forecasts of the inevitable decline of the super-elite, i.e. so inevitable you probably won't have to lift a finger.

I can attest to that as I did watch the video in its entirety.... maybe this is what felt "off."

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Domo1
More like bite the pillow, nobody can afford lube now.

A pillow?... luxury!
edit on 9-10-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Great thread and discussions, S+F

I'm sure my credit is horrible so not looking forward to investigating what it would take to get insurance now.

I fell for the credit trap a long time ago and was never too deep that I wasn't able to dig my way out. I dated a thrifty and smart woman who steered me straight and got me to pay off my debt and now I am 100% debt free (well minus the debt attached to the goofy green currency I use). Losing my credit happened as I was collecting unemployment and was "offered" a platinum Amex (I called in to activate my new card and sales guy gave me the pitch), after I already had a 35k limit on a platinum card. Well debt-free of not they see me as having no property or huge assets and I failed the credit check so they cancelled ALL my cards, yet I had more cash in the bank and what I considered valuables than ever before, it made NO sense logically.

It's all a scam and it's all just manipulated numbers on paper, this is not evolved culture nor an enlightened way to live.

And I completely agree with the concept that Obamacare fooled everyone without a simple understanding of math, it's pitiful but true. But remember how magic and the art of deception works. I'm starting to think (mostly after noticing the abundant magician plots in movies these days) that the simple card con job has been upped to a more global scale? The best cons are always working off of peoples general assumptions, and why would health care be any different since it's a hugely profitable industry. It's where some of the good jobs still are.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Did anybody read the article?

A representative for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday credit scores have nothing to do with insurance rates under the Affordable Care Act. “Insurers are not allowed to factor in credit scores when setting premiums and at no point in the process are peoples’ scores accessed,” the HHS representative wrote in an e-mail response to questions from Local 6.

Local 6 confronted Packham on Wednesday and asked her, “How does someone in your position get that wrong?”

“So I misspoke yesterday,” she said. “I realize I made a mistake.”

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Yep.

They "updated' the story.

That part wasn't in the original article !!

They even changed the title !!

Hmmm.

I guess it hit home.

edit on Oct-09-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

alphaTango
Not surprising. Glad I am not poor.

But government will remedy that soon enough!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

I found that video of the guy ordering pizza you were talking about:

To be honest it made me want to weep, as it seems like everyone knew about NWO machinations years before the average American. Everyone is on the ball creating satire of their plans, while were playing catch-up.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Checking you credit report wow. It also seems strange that it ask for you info right off the bat before you can see any prices. It seems that if Obamacare is or isn't a success the record of the information that you put in there would stay on the data base. Talk about a large database record of people.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Folks keep your eye on the ball.

I just posted a thread in regards to who wrote ObamaCare and the money trail.

It really stinks to high heaven.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

xuenchen

I guess it hit home.

It didn't "hit home", you simply posted PURE NONSENSE and sold it as the truth.

In the same way as you posted about the alleged "low numbers of people visiting the Obamacare websites" a week or so ago....and then quickly changed your story when it became clear that actually the websites got flooded and experienced outages due to the traffic.

Then all of a sudden, you also changed your stance and admitted that, yes, indeed, probably a lot of people checked the Obamacare websites, but.... "the traffic was fake so as to create the illusion that it is popular".

Now AGAIN..you bend your reality, and instead of admitting that you simply posted BS (because that's what it was, Obamacare requiring a credit check is nothing but pure nonsense )...you are now still hanging on to your blatantly false post but claim a conspiracy theory around it.

No matter what, you use truths, lies and whatever else and bend it that way so it fits YOUR belief as long as it is "against Obama". You are literally bending the truth until it fits your belief.
edit on 32013R000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago41PMWednesdayWednesday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

They're redirecting this original address to the edited page.

original;
http:// www.clickorlando.com/news/credit-scores-impacting-new-affordable-care-act-insurance-plans/-/1637132/22341034/-/l0jmq3z/-/index.html

redirects to;
http:// www.clickorlando.com/news/Lead-health-care-navigator-in-Florida-provides-wrong-information-on-credit-scores/-/1637132/22341034/-/md8ohn/-/index.html

Notice no 'edits' in the OP link either !!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

xuenchen

Well we *KNEW* this was coming sooner or later.

Did you even bother to read the article:

A day after saying that anyone signing up for the Affordable Care Act had to provide their credit score, the lead Navigator admitted that she had been providing factually incorrect information to the public.

Then the article goes on to quote the original Error or Lie.

And then provides the facts from Dept of Health and Human Services:

A representative for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services said Wednesday credit scores have nothing to do with insurance rates under the Affordable Care Act.

“Insurers are not allowed to factor in credit scores when setting premiums and at no point in the process are peoples’ scores accessed,” the HHS representative wrote in an e-mail response to questions from Local 6.

Packham wouldn’t say how she came up with such a detailed – and completely wrong – explanation for the question about credit checks.

I realise the article was poorly written. But just what is your intention here - to missinform, frighten and spread ignorance?

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Ha Ha

Read the post above yours...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The page was changed and is now redirected.

I think the White House made a phone call.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
here's another link with quotes from the original story.

Many people signing up for health care in Florida through the Affordable Care Act have been shocked when they have to give proof of their credit score before they finish the process.

Anne Packham, one of many people licensed by the state to help people navigate the government's website, said on Tuesday that the credit check occurs so providers can make an educated decision about who to insure.

"If someone is defaulting on all of their bills they may not want to have them as part of their health plan," said Packham, the lead Navigator in Florida.

Participants with low credit scores could end up paying higher premiums, according to Packham, who said that ultimately the insurance company makes the call.

The government website healthcare.gov has regularly been bogged down, oftentimes showing users a message saying, "We have a lot of visitors on the site."

Smokers, obese folks, those who have credit issues all cost insurance companies extra money and should pay more I guess. Sounds legit.

Source

Here's another;

October 8, 2013

Many people signing up for health care in Florida through the Affordable Care Act have been shocked when they have to give proof of their credit score before they finish the process.

Anne Packham, one of many people licensed by the state to help people navigate the government's website, said on Tuesday that the credit check occurs so providers can make an educated decision about who to insure.

"If someone is defaulting on all of their bills they may not want to have them as part of their health plan," said Packham, the lead Navigator in Florida.

Participants with low credit scores could end up paying higher premiums, according to Packham, who said that ultimately the insurance company makes the call.

The government website healthcare.gov has regularly been bogged down, oftentimes showing users a message saying, "We have a lot of visitors on the site."

"We have a mixed bag right now," said Packham, referring to users being able to successfully navigate the site.
Voting for Obama in 2008 was blind optimism. Voting for Obama in 2012 is just plain ignorance.

Credit scores impact new Affordable Care Act insurance plans
« on: October 09, 2013, 09:15:50 AM »

They changed the entire story and title and redirected the original link address !!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This horse is dead.

And no matter how long you will try to beat it and make up fantasy scenarios, the ONLY source, the ONE lady spreading this nonsense already admitted that she was in error. Deleting and redirecting links is what you do in such a case.

But..of course..let's beat the horse once more.

You realize that ALL your cited quotes are from Mr. Packham or whatever her name is..the ONLY source for those ridiculous claims who already admitted her error. The fact that several other sites (AND YOU) repeat that cr*p doesn't make it more true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join