It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman DUI suspect suing over being stripped by police

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Four police, 3 are men, strip a DUI suspect at the station. It seems that her lifting her leg during initial search might have escalated the incident. She is now suing the department. The whole thing seems quite overboard.

As mentioned in the video, this seems unusual for a DUI suspect. What is the matter with people in authority.

Link
edit on 10/8/2013 by roadgravel because: link fix

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Fox news actually played the video the other day and to say the least it was VERY disturbing that these authoritarian thugs seem to not have any issue with stripping someone down like they did this woman.

I hope she wins and wins big! Those four thugs and sexual deviants need locked up as well!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I hope she wins and wins big!

Why? because she can buy a bigger car to mow down people while DUI?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Police are very creepy. It's almost like humanity and common decency has been trained OUT of them.

Next Headline....

"Mother and Father tasered then stripped in front of their family, at a DUI checkpoint."

link   

At minimum it seems like it didn't follow procedures. I imagine they will claim she was a physical threat to 3 men officers so that action was warranted. Shameful.

link   

The real travesty is the taxpayers continue to pay for the monetary judgements. All this rubbish would stop if LEO's paid the judgements from their union pension funds.

Naaaa. That's too obvious.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Even though I do not know what was said, I think that these police officers had no right to do that. Not only do I think this woman should win the Lawsuit, I feel that all four of these police should lose their job and their ability to have any job in the police force again. That didn't look like the woman was a threat that required that radical of a search to me.

It is strange that the lawsuit cost is passed on to the taxpayer and nothing to the officers who cause this kind of act.
edit on 8-10-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Where did I say she shouldn't have been arrested????

How would you feel if it was your mother, girlfriend or sister and she got manhandle and stripped naked like this woman did???

Anyhow, no need to answer, I understand you were just looking to rile me up with a troll response and you didn't even watch the video....

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

After seeing that you know it was not their first time doing an illegal strip search.

Wonder how many will be coming forward.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

roadgravel

At minimum it seems like it didn't follow procedures. I imagine they will claim she was a physical threat to 3 men officers so that action was warranted. Shameful.

Even if she turned out to be a major physical threat, strip searching would not have been the way to handle it. Every other police force seems to be trained to use cuffs, batons and tazers (sometimes all at once) but I have never heard of or seen video of an unruly or threatening person being subdued by having their pants shucked off.

I am, however, amazed that the police force did have that video around for the lawyers when it was requested. There have been a lot of missing tapes & documents in recent years concerning LEO wrongdoing cases.

Made me wonder if the Sheriff's don't have authority to delete the video (maybe only by audit or something like that) or if they kept it around for the replay value....
I really hope that this woman gets a fair sentencing on her DUI (yes, she is still responsible for her own actions) and then a favorable outcome on suing these scum.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

luciddream

I'm with you on this... I have less than 0 sympathy for drunks that decide driving is so important, risking other people's lives is a decision they have the right to make.

Perhaps her experience will cause her to think before drinking and driving the next time. I doubt it, since she'll probably get a payday from this and celebrate by getting drunk again but.. hey, we can hope.

In the mean time, maybe those cops have as little respect for drunks as we do, eh?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

luciddream

I'm with you on this... I have less than 0 sympathy for drunks that decide driving is so important, risking other people's lives is a decision they have the right to make.

I don't know about that.

On one side we have a DUI.
On the other side we have over-reactive police displaying predatory thug like behavior. This could have ended very badly for her (worse even than it did.)

Not saying driving under the influence is OK but the cops were over the line.
edit on 895pm0202pm32013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
In two parts - see part two below:

Visitor2012
Police are very creepy. It's almost like humanity and common decency has been trained OUT of them.

Next Headline....

"Mother and Father tasered then stripped in front of their family, at a DUI checkpoint."

Since 9/11 I have been studying the issue of a new set of rules that are now in place that have imposed a highly advanced (read militarized) form of police "training" on the average police officer in America : Here's the whole of it in a nutshell - the reality of our present condition as a result of new and unprecedented 'modes and models' of police "training" as pertains to a major movement towards a 'police state' in America, which might very well lead to the imposition of martial law across the land. Since the War on Terror is never ending, ie., perpetual, the same must be said for a state of martial law.

This Zionist inspired police state strategy was set into full operation immediately following the false flag event known as 9/11. That was the basis for the "War on Terror" against you - the American people: in and through the auspices of the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the Anti Defamation League - coupled with the political force of AIPAC - making use of Israeli/Mossad police state and terror tactics - the Zionist power structure has managed to infiltrate most of the local police forces and County Sheriff's offices in the United States - the intent of which is to "militarize" all police functions in America, which are designed to operate under the umbrella of the Israeli/Mossad. They are teaching them their dastardly ways which are actually modeled after Israeli apartheid subjugation - Why? Because it works!

There seems to be an 'in your face' no holds barred policy in place now regarding police brutality in the form of military SWAT team operations, and general brute force (by use of arms) in most domestic situations, wherein they could care less what we think. This policy is very similar to what we see happening in Israel against the Arab population and is designed primarily to instill high levels of anxiety, fear, then terror, and is in perfect conformity with the overall mind-control propaganda strategy known as the "War on Terror" - there's a war going on and its against the American people, and the terror is directed against you.

Continued Below.
edit on 8-10-2013 by YodHeVauHe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

And I'm with you on this part...

Perhaps her experience will cause her to think before drinking and driving the next time. I doubt it, since she'll probably get a payday from this and celebrate by getting drunk again but.. hey, we can hope.

So we'll teach her a lesson by violating her rights, and brutalizing her? If we let this go, because we have "0 sympathy" for drunk drivers. Who will the next target be? Someone who was going 5 miles over the speed limit? Maybe a Jay walker?

I don't think this woman deserves a "payday", but I do think these thugs should be fired, and never able to get a police or security job again.

edit on 10/8/2013 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

luciddream

You miss the part where it said DUI (suspect)? You see, there is this new thing in America, it's called due process but I'll admit, not everyone has been a huge fan, I hear Stalin and Hitler absolutely hated it, so, who knows if it's for us right?

I mean, what we should do, is start demanding everyone strip down whenever police may suspect them of a crime, even crimes they manufacture half of the time, such as DUI stops, checkpoints and roadblocks, yeah, lets dump due process and lets implement mandatory strip searches for every misdemeanor in America.

Sounds great!
edit on 8-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

My thoughts exactly. If anyone should be suing, it should be "We the People" VS this DUI driver. Because SHE'S the one endangering innocent people when she gets behind the wheel drunk. I can't stand drunk drivers, I can't stand this "woman".

I hope she loses and loses big.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Being arrested does not automatically remove a person's rights. Well, it used to not. Times are a changing.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Part two

Visitor2012

Next Headline...."Mother and Father tasered then stripped in front of their family, at a DUI checkpoint."

Since 9/11 I have been studying the issue of a new set of rules that are now in place that have imposed a highly advanced (read militarized) form of police "training" on the average police officer in America :

The primary source of the move toward militarization is arch Zionist and dual citizen Israeli, Michael Chertoff, one time director of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) who has brought the ominously despicable influence of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) to our local police departments across the United States. By means of this Zionist military training, our local police forces throughout the land - not just in isolated pockets of the country - are being psychologically transformed, and physically modified from that of having once been the protector s of the public trust, respecting American law and jurisprudence, to opponents and antagonists, i.e., purveyors of Zionist inspired hate and Stasi like control-schemes over the general population.

Suddenly we see the unbridled use of police state tactics throughout the land - the use of military gear and uniforms, armored vehicles and armaments, high powered rifles, pistols and assault weapons, and total and complete illegal surveillance is evidence of a Nazi-style computer interference systems are all evidence a dramatic shift in the fundamental structure of the American community.

While the suppressive, over-reaching Obama administration, under control of the global elite, turns our Constitutional Republic into a Fascist dictatorship, the dramatic changes in the structure of local police departments throughout the land have been a clear reflection of that - all of which will lead to the eventual takeover of our police forces by the military whose end will be a Stasi like police state with the distinct possibility of long term martial law being imposed on our nation. Complete and total loss of freedom and democracy.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I'll be very interested in hearing more about this case as it gets going. I'm not entirely sure they DID violate her rights, and here is my thinking...

I've been an on/off watcher of the prison/jail shows MSNBC runs late at night when there is little else to watch. Those are reality shows that follow either life in prison or...in this thread...the intake areas of major jails. Las Vegas is one they are at regularly....

There is quite a bit they do where, if the video started a moment before they finally take someone to the ground or force them into the restraint chair for a time out, would look very brutal and totally out of line. .....if the video started a moment prior to the physical action starting. Those shows just follow the whole thing, so you see what led up to someone getting slammed into a chair with restraints by 4 guys at once. Usually, they deserve it too...male AND female.

In this case? She got stripped...I don't know how much fighting she did before the final leg lift to screw up their search again ...but I do know this. If she's being booked? She IS getting stripped naked for a contraband search. If she's resisting and the one female can't handle it alone, they will get help.

....and this woman was 3x's over legally drunk. I have issues with claims she even remembers herself, what happened but to watch the video like everyone else. Lets see if it doesn't settle and the entire intake room video gets shown (with audio...would be nice)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't know what video you watched but the one I saw showed what was tantamount to RAPE!
Police brutality to the nth degree. The woman was brutalized, degraded, and totally humiliated by four ignorant thug cops - THREE OF THEM MEN. Totally disgusting.

Imagine if you will, a married couple at home witnessing the video together and the man says to his wife that the woman charged with DUI was responsible for everything that happened to her in that Stasi style padded cell was ger own fault. All that was perpetrated on her person, and the brutality she suffered at the hands of those thugs took place because she brought it all on herself.

I'm just curious - Are you by any chance married? If so please show this to your wife - tell her what you told us and then report back OK? Thanks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join