It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Island Middle School Bans Footballs, Other Recreational Items

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Mod Note: I tried to place this in the Breaking Alternative News forum, but after filling out the form I realized that there was no "Post" button at the bottom. Please move to that forum if you are able.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

This is the second news story in as many days I have stumbled across in as many days about schools banning playground games for being too "dangerous".

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Previous thread

So exactly what ARE kids allowed to do in recess nowadays? The article says they are banning baseballs, footballs, lacross sticks, tag, and even CARTWHEELING without supervision by a coach. I guess that leaves their technotoys to play with, heaven forbid they run around a playground.

I guess with the first lady's push for young people exercising, during recess it'll be outside to do calisthenics. Oh what fun, oh joy, oh rapture.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumCypher

I'm so glad they did this. Do you realize the carnage possible with a football, and a baseball, in the hands of a student on a rampage? OMG!!!

Can you say Nanny State?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Indeed, I think they should change the suggestive name of these grassy areas lest we send the wrong message.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This may be deliberate conditioning but I tend to doubt it.

What this is, is a group of idiots taking over the school board. They all have psych issues from their childhoods and are just pathetic creatures. It is sad really. I hope it never comes down under but sadly we are seeing the beginnings of it now.

My school has 'Super Hero' dress up days. No plastic guns or any other pretend weapons allowed. My son went as an unarmed ninja! GI Joe was unarmed. It is pathetic! The School Principal is not that good. Replaced Aussie staples in the canteen with things like spinach pies. LOL

P

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Next year send your kid as a peasant "armed" with the Magna Carta.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I hear that balloons are a form of dissidence and are to be outlawed shortly, after they tax air. Balloons do not follow any order. Sure, they go up. But then what? You have no control over them. And they often lead you astray. So that way if your kids have a balloon you can be charged with inciting a riot in 10-15 years, AND tax evasion.

It's win win, they are not stoopids these policy makers.

I imagine a future where US citizens walk down the street and when they see a cop, they proclaim "Land of the free, home of the brave!" smile, wave, and carry on as if they are the happiest people on the planet.

But not like "Dear Leader" in NK has his minions... that's so unpatriotic.

edit on 7-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

greencmp

Indeed, I think they should change the suggestive name of these grassy areas lest we send the wrong message.

That's a real sign, isn't it? You didn't photoshop that, did you? I have a bad feeling it's legit ...and somehow, I'm not even shocked anymore. Why is that? Must be something wrong with me. I should be shocked....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Next thing you know they'll have high chairs for kids up to grade 6 for lunch...like I said, seriously, what are the kids supposed to do at recess?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Please tell me that's a photoshop.
Please.
What are they now, "quiet time" zones?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Whether it's deliberate or not, it is conditioning the kids. "Nothing is safe for you to touch. Nothing is safe for you to play with. You are a fragile creature who must be protected from the outside world and other human beings. Trust us, we know what's best for you."

What's next? Giant plastic bubbles for all the kids a la "Bubble Boy"?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Not only that, but I hear blowing up balloons is the first step toward "huffing." And playing cops and robbers teaches children to try and hold criminals accountable for their actions, instead of feeling sorry for them and realizing it's just not the criminals fault, it's society's. I hear they're replacing it with "Misunderstood socio-maladjusts and Therapists."

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree Wrabbit, should be shocked and surprised, but somehow I'm not. Not much really surprises me after I saw the "Free Speech Zone" sign on the fence that was topped with razor wire.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
middle schools have recess ?
6-8 grades have recess? really?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

QuantumCypher

Whether it's deliberate or not, it is conditioning the kids. "Nothing is safe for you to touch. Nothing is safe for you to play with. You are a fragile creature who must be protected from the outside world and other human beings. Trust us, we know what's best for you."

What's next? Giant plastic bubbles for all the kids a la "Bubble Boy"?

Agreed. I assume they want the kids to grow up with that mentality so they become nice pliable slaves who see themselves as having no real power to do anything. It has never worked as the French revolution, US war of Independence and a hundred other instances through history attest to. But they still try.

What we end up with is self entitled little pricks who demand things and offer nothing in return. It started a long time ago and not just with governments. Many other instances exist.

P

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Actually I think this is called "Fear of a Lawsuit". People tend to sue for normal accidents and some jury will want to give out money. Teachers can't watch each child 100% of time. Neither can parents. Next children will not be allowed to play in a public play yards or basketball courts without supervision.

How I long for the freedom of the 50's. The 'progress' of the last 60 years is debatable.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Well, they said nothing about guns.

Maybe that's why kids these days have been taking up the sport of target shooting at their schools.

On a more serious note, soon they'll make lunch times a time for lunch only, then back to class.

top topics

join