It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens the use of nukes once more

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

They're on their last bit of food and so desperate that they just opened a multi million dollar ski resort to show people how civilized they are.

Priorities? What?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree, however keep in mind the parable of the boy who cried "Wolf!", because the more he issues these empty threats the less people take notice of them. One day he really could launch and nobody will take him seriously, and it will be too late. So yeah he's full of crap most of the time, but never dismiss his threats entirely.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

RomeByFire
...with empty threats that lead to the political-penis game.

Obama's regime has resulted in the death of countless innocents, same with Bush...'

Murder kids with drones? Nobel Peace Prize. Zero accountability. Virtually no coverage...

which one then? are you killing kids or not? so much us hate..

wittle kimmie is just hot air. unless youre a n/korean.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by bekod

They're on their last bit of food and so desperate that they just opened a multi million dollar ski resort to show people how civilized they are.

Priorities? What?

I know of another Country that has people going hungry, homeless etc.

And yet the Trillions of dollars spent on the Military, bailouts to billionaires, gifts to other Nations and the funding of terrorist groups seems to be their priority.

Priorities? Bah

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ah yes, the "let's bash America" twist, so didn't see that coming.

At least the US has power to its cities, and people can communicate with each other, and have so many things that people in North Korea only dream of (such as not being executed for making a sex tape).
edit on 10/7/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think the North Koreans should nuke the South now while they have the chance. They have every right to do so under international law given the threats and history of provocations including this latest one by the United States. I don't think the US is willing to lose Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and New York over Seoul. The only thing the US military-corporate-banking complex understands is military force. In my opinion North Korea has no choice but to launch a nuclear strike upon the South. If I were them I would consider assassinations of South Korean political and military leaders through the use of anthrax surreptitiously released in government buildings. Then maybe they could avoid a nuclear war.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

ugie1028
They have such a brainwashed society that they believe their own lies.

That's funny.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
One day Un will say er shout war! he is getting good at saying be ready for it english.yonhapnews.co.kr... He acts like he never sees the memos from SK or the US nor reeds the news , there are 2 more drills set for the year or before the year ends, so is the last time we will h=era or read of Un ? or will there be 2 more times this year? now for the "from the link"

(LEAD) N. Korean military postures for war against U.S. nuclear-powered carrier
2013/10/08 09:10

TweetFacebook ShareGoogle +1
ReduceEnlargePrint
SEOUL, Oct. 8 (Yonhap) -- All North Korean troops have been placed on an emergency posture to launch operations any time against U.S.-led defense drills off the peninsula, the communist nation's state news agency reported Tuesday.

The General Staff of the Korean People's Army took issue in particular with the deployment of the USS George Washington, a nuclear-powered carrier, for the joint exercises with South Korea and Japan.

"This clearly proves that the remarks of such high-ranking officials of the U.S. Obama administration as the secretary of state that the U.S. neither pursues a hostile policy towards the DPRK (North Korea) nor has the will to attack it are sheer lies," an unnamed spokesman for the military body said in an English-version statement, according to the Korean Central News Agency.

In this connection, it added, the entire North Korean military received an "emergency order from its supreme command to re-examine the operation plans already ratified by it and keep themselves fully ready to promptly launch operations any time, watching with high vigilance every move of the U.S. and Japanese aggressors and the puppet forces."

The spokesman warned the U.S. that "the more frequently and the deeper its imperialist aggression forces' nuclear strike means, including the nuclear carrier, enter the air above the vicinity of the Korean Peninsula and waters off it, the more unpredictable disasters their actions will cause," adding that the U.S. will be "wholly accountable" for them.

If Washington wants denuclearization of the peninsula, it "should make a decision to move first," according to the statement.

The George Washington aircraft carrier entered the port of Busan, a South Korea southern port city, on Friday for the three-day joint naval drills among South Korea, the U.S. and Japan, planned to start on Tuesday in the southern waters of the peninsula. The military exercise, however, was delayed due to bad weather.

Experts said this statement seems to be part of the North's efforts to ratchet up pressure on the U.S. over the resumption of the long-stalled six-party talks for denuclearizing North Korea.

China is increasing efforts to revive the disarmament-for-aid talks involving the four countries plus Japan and Russia, but the U.S. has shown reservations, citing a lack of seriousness from Pyongyang.

A South Korean military official confirmed the military order in the North, saying, "We are closely watching the movement of the North Korean military."

(END)
now we have told Un that the drills will take place , it is my feeling he will use one drill to actually make the war hot once again, not saying this is the one , just saying he might.

edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201308 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is a job for The Worm!

There's a bond there.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If Un was hell bent on nukes and war why didnt he launch a nuclear war the last time he ran his mouth?

This type of news is SO BORING

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

China as if I have to say here is the other thread on North Korea and he new we would be there doing drills , this is just his way of saying "i see you" www.abovetopsecret.com... he can not say he did not know it

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Normally, I take the talk of nuclear warfare by any nation seriously. But this is North Korea and I can't help but laugh a little.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

and that is the problem how many are laughing now , Un could see this as the time , he can not use the i did not know of the drills he did english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

LEAD) S. Korea, U.S., Japan to carry out joint naval drills next week
2013/10/02 18:35

TweetFacebook ShareGoogle +1
ReduceEnlargePrint
(ATTN: CHANGES time element throughout to clarify trilateral drills taking place next week, South Korea-U.S. exercises already under way; UPDATES with more details)

By Kim Eun-jung

SEOUL, Oct. 2 (Yonhap) -- South Korea will jointly carry out naval drills with United States and Japan in waters off the Korean Peninsula's southern coast next week to bolster interoperability between the nations, military officials in Seoul said Wednesday.he can say this is more pushing him to the breaking point

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is odd US Japan war drill canceled www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link

Japan-US drill canceled due to budget standoff

The US military and Japan's Self Defense Forces have cancelled a joint drill due to the United States' budget impasse.

The US Army in Hawaii had planned to send about 400 troops for a 2-week joint exercise starting next Tuesday in Miyagi Prefecture, northeastern Japan.

But Japanese Defense Ministry officials say the US military told them it could not take part.

A Ground Self Defense Force official says the cancellation of a joint drill due to a budget standoff is unusual, but cannot be helped.

US Democrats and Republicans failed to reach a budget deal for the new fiscal year, leading to a partial shutdown of the government from October 1st.
Oct. 8, 2013 - Updated 11:11 UTC

but the one in Korea has the funding.... tell me this is not a staged event

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The Korea Exercise is using Army troops that are already in place, which means they only require fuel for their vehicles, and can drive to the area they're training. The US-Japan exercise requires troops to fly to Japan, which requires funding for either the Air Force unit transporting them, or a chartered flight, which requires money that they don't currently have.

It has nothing to do with being staged or not, and everything to do with funding. The military is operating on an extremely reduced budget right now, which means they're having to pick and choose what can and can't be done until the next continuing resolution or budget is passed.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

bekod
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

and that is the problem how many are laughing now , Un could see this as the time , he can not use the i did not know of the drills he did

Although we laugh at Un and NK historically I do not entirely dismiss their threats as being bellicose. They are now capable of hurting SK and the US with nuclear weapons in that region. I don't think they are much of a threat outside of that region. However, if pushed back into a corner far enough anyone will lash out.

They have after all learned by the US action in the middle-east not to trust the US on any account.

I doubt anything will happen, but will keep my eye on October 19th as the day to watch.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

and how much is a CVN fleet to play with yes it was pre planned before the shutdown and so was the japan, but the japan one would not push any ones buttons, the CVN fleet is, and it is Uns buttons

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Does anyone think this might be a good time to remind him that we have, in the recent past, initiated the "Bush" policy
of "offensive deterance"?
We invaded Iraq on much less of a reason than he has already given.

Maybe he just doesn't know what a real war would look like. He should go visit Hiroshima.

Of course, this could also be him trying to be funny and show his sense of humor. You think?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

It wasn't just preplanned, it was budgeted. The Carrier is going to be sailing no matter what. They allocated the funds for that to be there no matter what. The funds for moving 400 soldiers are a different matter. That's a pretty significant move to make and is going to require a fairly decent number of aircraft. That means that they may not have the funding later to fly missions that might be more important, so they're going to cancel now to be prepared for later, if this goes on long term.

<< 1   >>

join