It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens the use of nukes once more

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Un and the DPRK are at it once again, still think they have the right to have nukes?
english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

N. Korea warns of pre-emptive strike to counter S. Korea, U.S. provocation
2013/10/07 13:54

TweetFacebook ShareGoogle +1
ReduceEnlargePrint
SEOUL, Oct. 7 (Yonhap) -- North Korea warned Monday that it will carry out pre-emptive strikes to counter military provocations by South Korea and the United States.

In a statement released by spokesman for the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK), Pyongyang strongly denounced the agreement reached at the latest joint South Korea-U.S. Security Consultative Meeting that calls for so-called customized deterrence against North Korea's nuclear weapons.

Customized deterrence calls on South Korea and the United States to attack the North and take out the communist country's nuclear arsenal if there are clear signs it may be used against their allies.

"The military plot aims to derail the ongoing peace process and dialogue on the Korean Peninsula and can fuel tensions that can lead to a nuclear conflict," the North Korean body in charge of inter-Korean relations said in a report carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency.

It added that the North is prepared to respond to all provocations by its enemies in Seoul and Washington and made clear if its warnings are ignored, the country will respond firmly and without hesitation.

"If our enemies try to threaten us in the slightest, the country will launch ruthless pre-emptive strikes of annihilation," the CPRK said.

The organization then made clear that talking about denuclearization when the United States is bent on plotting to invade the North shows the level of hypocrisy on the part of Washington.

The committee then lashed out at South Korean President Park Geun-hye, saying her calls on the North to give up its nuclear program are ludicrous.

[email protected]

(END)
China says no english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

(LEAD) China's Xi expresses firm opposition to N. Korean nuclear program: official
2013/10/07 16:13

ReduceEnlargePrint
By Chang Jae-soon

BALI, Indonesia, Oct. 7 (Yonhap) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping expressed staunch opposition to North Korea going nuclear or conducting additional atomic tests, and pledged to vigorously carry out U.N. sanctions resolutions on Pyongyang, a South Korean official said.

Xi made the remark when he met bilaterally with South Korean President Park Geun-hye on the sidelines of an Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Indonesia's resort island of Bali, after Park voiced concerns about Pyongyang's nuclear ambitions, the official said.

"The Chinese side (Xi) said he opposes North Korea's possession of nuclear weapons and that he is also resolutely opposed to an additional nuclear test by North Korea," the official said. Xi also pledged to "strictly abide" by U.N. Security Council resolutions on Pyongyang, he said.

The remarks came in response to Park citing a need to stop North Korea from honing its nuclear capabilities, and asked China to help prod Pyongyang to focus on rebuilding its broken economy, the official said.

"(North Korea) can't pour everything into nuclear weapons at a time when many North Korean people are said to be suffering from chronic malnutrition," Park said at the start of the talks. "I hope China will work hard to persuade North Korea to concentrate on economic development."
seems Un is hell bent on nukes and war, what is your thoughts?

edit on bAmerica/Chicagok201307 by bekod because: line edit

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Were sorry, the US gov't is shut down at this time.... Please try your rhetoric later... If you feel you have received this message in error, you can hang up and threaten again later...

This is a recording....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They just want more money to keep up their facade.

I had a friend who went there with his mom. They have such a brainwashed society that they believe their own lies. They spend so much money on keeping Pyongyang up and running that their other cities populations suffer.

Its about money... not nukes. they know if they tried to nuke the south that the north will be nothing but a half-island of glass.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Kim can go stick it in his pointy little ear...

I worried about this until watching how the last one ended up. The massing of Chinese troops on the DPRK border was explained and their interest was covered. They won't tolerate seeing Kim bring the US and world into war just over 600 air miles from Beijing itself, and much much closer to Chinese soil and major ports for commerce.

If Kim gets too spunky, China will slap him silly. They made that clear last time.. I'm content to watch him make a fool of himself now.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This happens evrytime someone wakes up Lil' Kim.
Just like the bad boy on the block has to rob a grandma every now and then to keep up appearences, so he has to brag about how he's gonna wipe the western world out...
Just give him another happy pill.

NOT !!!
edit on 7-10-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I wonder if most Americans realize this is how the world sees our political #stem (system).

Constant war-mongering with empty threats that lead to the political-penis game.

Kim, Bibi, and Obywan need to start their own country because their agendas seem to overlap flawlessly.

"I da best n I do wut I want."
(Except for in Bibi's case he's God's favorite)

EDIT: Can we have one thread on NK that doesn't dissolve to "Oh wittle Kimmy is upset" comments? Obama's regime has resulted in the death of countless innocents, same with Bush.

But oh be golly I'm just a crazy nutter who has no grasp on reality.

Murder kids with drones? Nobel Peace Prize. Zero accountability. Virtually no coverage.

North Korea being, well, North Korea? Let the inner cynist out cuz it's joke time!

And Americans wonder why we can't be taken seriously. Because instead of standing up to our rampant corruption we're busy pointing the finger and laughing at someone else's dilemma.

As a nation we have a collective mindset of a sixteen year old. "Football, sex, money, and MURKA."
edit on 7-10-2013 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well pard,
The Syrian fiasco didnt work.............
The African situation isnt yet ready to send in the troops.....
At least not in the numbers we like to keep employed in foriegn countries so they dont come home and help us fight the comming police state.........
What i see, is the situation calls for a new and more dangerous hot spot to flare up.......more tensions that lead no where....
It all a racket buddy, its ALL a racket...............s

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

South Korea

North Korea
edit on 7-10-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I myself would love to see Un get a good old B**ch slap down by China , China will not put up with him too much longer, not when he threatens to use nukes or any WMD, on the South, he knows that the war games are pre planned just for this reason, to defend themselves from a mad , no insain North Korean leader that at times runs of of Prozac, and leads him to thoughts of suicide, and not just for him but his nation. how else can one explain his actions?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Send them a couple of boatloads of food. That usually shuts him up.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

How many times will he shout wolf on death ears? All it takes is one to become fact and act on them , remember The North and South are still in a state of war , there is no peace agreement, Un could in his mind see this as an act of war or any war game and it could become hot, really hot for he has nukes now.

Yea I know only a mad man would use them , thus i give you Un of the DPRK aka North Korea.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Aww, no ones talking about North Korea.

Oh look, they are now.

Rhetoric, rhetoric, rhetoric. They know the U.S is on shut down, damn sneaky of them!!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

You got to ask , How much more can DPRK take now that China is saying more sanctions , they are on their last legs of food , you can only push a starving man so far before he becomes violent. Un might be saying it for real this time, no more crying wolf, when there as I see it, there is one this time.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This morning North Koreas minsiter of defence was seen on the TV openly challenging the US to attack by shouting -

"Obama ,which do you want first, i call my left fist 'thunder' and the right 'lightning'....."

Obama was unavailable to respond...

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I get everything you said except this:

still think they have the right to have nukes?

Who has the right to own nukes and who gives them that right?

The US seems to think that they have any right they decide upon and that they and they alone should be the one to allow or deny those same rights to other Nations.

As far as I'm concerned, a War mongering Nation such as the US should have no rights to such weapons as they are the only ones proven to actually use them.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here is a link to get the full feel of the DPRK and it is not just one man calling the shots any more. english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from ythe link

(News Focus) N. Korea's ruling party revived, takes charge of country
2013/10/07 11:00

ReduceEnlargePrint
By Lee Joon-seung

SEOUL, Oct. 7 (Yonhap) -- North Korea's ruling party appears to have been fully revived under Kim Jong-un's rule, taking center stage in the running of the country, observers here said Monday.

The alleged resurrection comes four days before the 68th founding anniversary of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and a little under two years after the incumbent leader succeeded his father Kim Jong-il as head of the communist country.

The WPK had controlled the country for decades under North Korea's founder Kim Il-sung, but during the "songun," or military-first, policy pursued by his son Kim Jong-il, it had basically been relegated as a second-tier organization with little power for over a decade as the armed forces effectively managed the country.
so what is the big change? well here it is from the same link

The announcement, made at the plenary session of the WPK's Central Committee in March, aims for simultaneously pushing forward with economic construction and the building of its nuclear force, a major policy goal for Pyongyang.

Moreover, a revision to the so-called 10 key monolithic ideological system that governs all life in the isolationist country earlier this year is seen as another tell-tale sign of change. The change, which was the first in 39 years, placed the party above all others.
When one threatens so many times , it is one time that they will act on.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
When Kim's right hand man turned up late for work at the North Korean parliment this morning, he was immediately sent home for being improperly dressed.

He'd forgotten his hat.

But on a more serious note, spy photos have shown that the North is inverting heavily in it's armoured brigades whilst the people starve...

edit on 7-10-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You know i really am not one of those members who thinks that WWIII is going to start every time someone uses the word "nuke" on the world stage.

But this year twice I have been convinced that war was just around the corner and quite justifiably so, first when DPRK tensions hit a new high and then recently with events in Syria.

This has taught me a valuable lesson, no matter how close we might be, no matter who says what, we dont really have to get all worried until someone pulls a trigger.

So little kimmy can say all he wants about his bombs, its just more rhetoric and nothing for anyone to get over excited about.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

sulaw
Were sorry, the US gov't is shut down at this time.... Please try your rhetoric later... If you feel you have received this message in error, you can hang up and threaten again later...

This is a recording....

Bahahahahaha....we seriously couldn't have asked for a better 1st response to a post than this. Just classic. Well done!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join