It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Low for Law Enforcement: 80,000 Volt Stun Cuffs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Then you better do as you're told.

...Like a good little boot-licker.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that they appear to be made of Delrin or some other High strength Nylon/plastic. Maybe it is to get prisoners/inmates through metal detectors without having to uncuff them?

That's the only reason I can think of them using them. For what it's worth!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that they appear to be made of Delrin or some other High strength Nylon/plastic. Maybe it is to get prisoners/inmates through metal detectors without having to uncuff them?
If they are already in custody then they’ve been searched and stripped of their possessions. I don’t think inmates even go through metal detectors to enter the courtroom…do they? They certainly aren't paraded in the front door.

Besides, these cuffs are being used other places besides courtrooms. My guess is that once someone figures out how to make them cheaper we’ll see these cuffs used in PD’s all over the states.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am not sure on that procedure but I would imagine they would go through a detector at some point before being in an area that could have potential hostages. I couldn't really see any other way they would be useful.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

seabag
REALLY?? 80,000 volts won’t affect the human heart??

Yeah, I'm rather curious how that could be. My understanding is that you could grab a live wire, with one hand, and survive. Sadly, I actually know this from experience. (And hell of an experience it was. Shocking, really.
)

But I was led to believe that if you grabbed a live wire with both hands you would be far more likely to die because that would send the current through your heart.

So how is this not lethal, or potentially lethal? Is it because the hands are bound together with metal, and so the electricity goes through the shortest path, bypassing the heart? Hm... maybe...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'll be one to say this is a horrible idea. Certain medical conditions can make an officer think that a person is drunk, and elevate the heart rate at the same time. Diabetics who are suffering from hypoglycemia (low blood-sugar) have elevated heart rates, because the heart is trying to pump the sugar to the brain faster running when it's low! They can slur their speech and stumble from low blood sugar, and diabetics can even fail the brethalyzer without drinking a drop of alcohol at all.

I am posting this today in hopes that the Sherrif's office in Buchanan county will learn now about the risks of killing people who are having a low blood-sugar! I predict that if they don't we will see a lot more stories like this one of the diabetic getting tasered and killed by the cops in Cleburne, Texas:

Source-CBS Local- Diabetic Cleburne Teen Hit With Taser After Crash

My personal belief is I know that not all officers in the USA have been trained in handling procedures for diabetics. If you know anyone who is diabetic that you care about, call your local PD and Sheriff's office and make sure they know about the story above..

My other personal belief is that tasers should be banned...But that's a whole other topic..

Lastly, diabetics-test your blood before you drive. It could save your life, and many others.
edit on 10/8/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join