It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Doctor Who episodes found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Lost Doctor Who episodes found - Yahoo TV UK uk.tv.yahoo.com...

Lost Doctor Who episodes found

'Doctor Who' fans across the world were in jubilant mood over the weekend after it was announced that a devoted group of Whovians have located over 100 lost episodes of the show. However, some fans remain sceptical of their discovery. The instalments of 'Doctor Who' believed to have been found feature the first two doctors, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, and were thought to have been lost forever after the BBC sold them decades ago. Full 'Doctor Who' serials that are missing include Hartnell's Marco Polo, Mission to the Unknown, The Myth Makers, The Savages, and The Smugglers, while there are 15 serials featuring Troughton that continue to be lost. In total 27 serials and 106 episodes were previously astray. However, it has now been alleged that they were simply gathering dust under the ownership of the Ethiopian Radio and Television Agency and in Sierra Leone, after two companies confirmed that they had purchased the episodes several years ago. It's now believed that the BBC will make a fortune from these lost episodes, which haven't been viewed since they originally aired. The corporation is set to digitally remaster the tapes, which they still own the copyright to, before releasing them on DVD.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was one of the many who used to hide when the dales came on in Dr Who. Used to love this show....

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

No one cares about Dr. Who. I don't think they even air that s*** in the US.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Fapomet

Wrong and wrong.
It's here in the USA on BBC America. And On Demand has back episodes available.
And a bunch of us like it. In fact, Dr. Who kitsch is big stuff.

I'm not a fan of the new companion .... Oswin.
I like the Amy/Rory/River companions.
And I like David Tenant as the 10th Doctor best.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow, what a sad and pathetic little troll above there.

Aaanyway, I fear this isn't actually confirmed yet, one of the less reputable Sunday papers ran the story over the weekend, and other news sources have just picked it up and repeated it.

I'm not believing it until the BBC make an announcement personally. But, I hope it's true.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Fapomet

Wrong and wrong.

It's popularity has exploded in the States, always seen as a minority market, the BBC are now very actively pushing Who over there. I mean, just look at the big comicon appearances they've done in recent years.

Or the 50th anniversary special trailer that has so far only been shown to a US audience, the BBC haven't even bothered letting UK viewers see that yet.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Fapomet

Wrong and wrong.

Wtf is kitsch? Oh excuse me, of course Dr. Who would air on the BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION America channel. Of which I've never even heard of, nor do I watch TV enough to care. BBC America sounds like a specialty channel that you have to pay for some ridiculous digital TV package that's totally not worth it and sucks up all the internet speed. Which is exactly what new wireless digital cable boxes do. AT&T even admitted to me that they sacrifice internet speed so their TV signal is stronger. F that.

Plus, I've always hated British anything, except for some of their music, which slightly redeems them as a culture. Oh wait, never mind, I just remembered the Beatles and it regressed everything. Even Pink FLoyd and Led Zeppelin can't save the UK from the atrocity of the Beatles, the worst absolute garbage music to ever exist. Also, Monty Python. Not funny in the least. The most shallow and idiotic slapstick "humor" to ever be conceived. As dry as it is annoying.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Fapomet

FlyersFan

Fapomet

Wrong and wrong.

Wtf is kitsch? Oh excuse me, of course Dr. Who would air on the BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION America channel. Of which I've never even heard of, nor do I watch TV enough to care. BBC America sounds like a specialty channel that you have to pay for some ridiculous digital TV package that's totally not worth it and sucks up all the internet speed. Which is exactly what new wireless digital cable boxes do. AT&T even admitted to me that they sacrifice internet speed so their TV signal is stronger. F that.

Plus, I've always hated British anything, except for some of their music, which slightly redeems them as a culture. Oh wait, never mind, I just remembered the Beatles and it regressed everything. Even Pink FLoyd and Led Zeppelin can't save the UK from the atrocity of the Beatles, the worst absolute garbage music to ever exist. Also, Monty Python. Not funny in the least. The most shallow and idiotic slapstick "humor" to ever be conceived. As dry as it is annoying.

What a sad person you must be. You say The Beatles were atrocious and Monty Python wasn't funny in the least? Millions including myself loved the music and the humour and still do.
BBC America has some great shows if you have a look or check it here

BBC America is an American television network, owned and operated by BBC Worldwide, and available on both cable and satellite. Unlike the BBC's wholly owned domestic channels which are principally funded by a television licence fee, BBC America is a commercial station and as such carries advertising messages. As of August 2013, approximately 80,066,000 American households (70.11% of households with television) receive BBC America.[1]

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You say The Beatles were atrocious and Monty Python wasn't funny in the least? Millions including myself loved the music and the humour and still do.

Millions of people also like Justin Bieber and The Backstreet Boys. Millions of people also think Larry the Cable guy is funny. Doesn't really say much for humanity now does it?

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
First, I'd like to say that I'm an American living in the burbs of Philadelphia (Philly) Pennsylvania. Thanks for posting this. About a month ago we lost the only tv remote in the house and one of the TVs was stuck on Ebru TV channel. I have no idea what this channel is about. Anyway, it was playing re-runs of Doctor Who with Christopher Eccleston. My 11 year old son and I got hooked. I told him that I use to watch the old Doctor Who episodes as a kid on PBS. We then searched for it on Netflix and found they had EVERY episode so we have been watching them in order (the newer ones) I have 5 kids (ages 4, 6, 8, 9, and 11) and they all love Doctor Who now! My husband doesn't, but he's not a fan of science fiction tv shows. My favorite Doctor is David Tennant and I like Amy as the best companion. Great show!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Fapomet
Wtf is kitsch?

That's a common word. Is English your second language??
Kitsch .. collectables ... that kind of thing.

Dr. Who would air on the BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION America channel. Of which I've never even heard of, nor do I watch TV enough to care.

So then you admit you are ignorant of the facts being discussed and that you are just trolling the thread when you say that no one cares and it isn't shown in the USA. Okay. Bu-bye now.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Sportbominable
I'm an American living in the burbs of Philadelphia (Philly) Pennsylvania.

Be sure to mark your calendar for ComicCon next June. We went to it this year ... Philly convention center. There was tons of Dr. Who stuff. Lots of collectables and photo-ops.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sportbominable

I agree with you about Amy and David Tennent as the best on it. But when one of the main writers left a few seasons ago, I did notice that it had changed a bit. Saying that, I started watching it when it first came out in black and white and have seen it ever since even though I have got on a bit now

(post by Fapomet removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

The 10th doctor is my favorite doctor and Amy is my favorite companion.
For some reason Oswin isn't really growing on me. I find her perkiness annoying.
We get a new doctor around Christmas time. That should be interesting.
I hope they keep bringing River back. She's a time traveler so she can come
back even though she died on a past episode.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The next Dr Who is Matt Smith who in my opinion is not as good as who he is taking over.
River does return a few times and there is a twist to her return but I won't spoil it for you

Matt Smith

We will have a new Dr Who when the new season starts over here

edit on 7-10-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
When I saw this thread I hoped they would be episodes featuring the best Dr. Who ever, namely Tom Baker.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Sportbominable
I'm an American living in the burbs of Philadelphia (Philly) Pennsylvania.

Be sure to mark your calendar for ComicCon next June. We went to it this year ... Philly convention center. There was tons of Dr. Who stuff. Lots of collectables and photo-ops.

I've actually never been to one, but I think this might be my year. You would think since my favorite shows and movies are Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Quantum Leap, Lord of the Rings, Aliens, etc... I would have gone by now, lol

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

scotsdavy1

I agree with you about Amy and David Tennent as the best on it. But when one of the main writers left a few seasons ago, I did notice that it had changed a bit. Saying that, I started watching it when it first came out in black and white and have seen it ever since even though I have got on a bit now

The very first episode started way before I was born, but I always remember when I would be home sick from school in the 80's as a kid and we only had 10 channels on tv, Doctor Who would be on public television, lol. I loved sci-fi from an early age.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

First episode aired in 1963 and we only had I think 2 or 3 channels only then! Thought it the best show on TV at that time....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join