It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM issue: I can't open any PMs when clicking on their title.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
When I click on the title of a PM, I get a new tab, but the page is blank while the browser is continously searching the new link (the so-called PM). Nothing appears and the color of the PM title changes from white to grey, as if I read this PM. I am using firefox.

What to do? Do I make a mistake?

Thanks to reply.
edit on 7-10-2013 by Olivet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivet

Some questions may seem a bit obvious, but please bear with me and we'll cover all the bases.

What version of Firefox do you use? Do you have the latest version (24?)... And what operating system do you use?
The new ATS version relies a lot on CSS and HTML5, which older browsers can't do.

Have you tried it in another browser like Chrome?

When you (left) click the title of a PM on the left hand side, you say a new tab opens up with a blank page? What happens on the tab you started from, specifically on the right hand side of the page?
One or two members reported that the actual message appears below the Inbox page, in other words:
Click on the title of a PM. Ignore the new tab that opens up and go back to the page that lists your inbox. Now scroll down as far as possible. Is the message perhaps at the bottom of the page? Similiar situation

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Gemwolf
reply to post by Olivet

Some questions may seem a bit obvious, but please bear with me and we'll cover all the bases.

What version of Firefox do you use? Do you have the latest version (24?)... And what operating system do you use?
The new ATS version relies a lot on CSS and HTML5, which older browsers can't do.

Have you tried it in another browser like Chrome?

When you (left) click the title of a PM on the left hand side, you say a new tab opens up with a blank page? What happens on the tab you started from, specifically on the right hand side of the page?
One or two members reported that the actual message appears below the Inbox page, in other words:
Click on the title of a PM. Ignore the new tab that opens up and go back to the page that lists your inbox. Now scroll down as far as possible. Is the message perhaps at the bottom of the page? Similiar situation

Thanks for your quick reply. The white blank 'searching' page actually fully replaces the in-box page. Maybe I should download the lastest version of firefox and come back to you in order to give news about this new move. Thanks again for your advices. I keep you informed.

edit on 7-10-2013 by Olivet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hi Gemwolf. I just got the updated version of Firefox 24, checked it to see if it really was on my computer, but have still the same problem...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivet

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago, but it was the entire ATS site that wouldn't load for me.

Same as you... it would show that its loading continuously but never actually load!

The site admins couldnt help.

All of a sudden... it started working after about 2 days of having this problem.

I still do not know what caused it, but i have a suspicion its to do with being watched by a 3rd party.

Personally i dont really have much to hide, so i didnt care when this thought entered my head, but still, a possibility.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

combatmaster
reply to post by Olivet

I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago, but it was the entire ATS site that wouldn't load for me.

Same as you... it would show that its loading continuously but never actually load!

The site admins couldnt help.

All of a sudden... it started working after about 2 days of having this problem.

I still do not know what caused it, but i have a suspicion its to do with being watched by a 3rd party.

Personally i dont really have much to hide, so i didnt care when this thought entered my head, but still, a possibility.

Thanks for your answer. But I just checked and it still doesn't work. Is a third party wanting me not to access to my PMs. Why not. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

top topics

join