It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Gravity' Sets Box Office Record With $55.6 Million Opening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hi Guys! You must watch this Trailer..! i bet you will not close your eyes!

"Gravity" has pulled in $55.6 million at the box office, $11.2 million of which was made in Imax theatres — both records for an October launch.

According to Variety, the movie also set a new record for 3D, as 80% of viewers in the U.S. saw the film with the extra-dimension glasses.

Overseas, "Gravity" earned an additional $27.4 million, with 70% of cinemagoers seeing it in 3D.

In the movie, George Clooney and Sandra Bullock play astronauts which struggle to survive in space after a catastrophic accident on their space station. The movie has gotten an overwhelmingly positive response from critics, with a score of 96 out of 100 on Metacritic.

mashable.com...
now you can say WOW..
i am not patient for this movie!
edit on 7-10-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

A space station you say? That's different. It looks good, though (other than the part where the woman is floating through space and all you hear is breathing, that was a little annoying and my roomates in the next room probably think I'm weird now also).

I'll probably wait till it comes out on BR to see it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

woman is floating through space and all you hear is breathing

very anoying if you were that girl hanging in space forever..all you can do is pray to the death

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

No kiddin'. Imagine if she kept going? Floating infinitely though space... That would be such a peaceful yet terrifying way to go (at least until you ran out of oxygen, and it probably wouldn't be long breathing like that).
edit on 7-10-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I love those kinds of movies

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've heard nothing but good things about this movie. Can't wait to go and see it.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this for a long time! Cuaron's one of my fave directors, and Children Of Men is in my top 10, maybe top 5.
Not a fan of Sandra Bullock, but I heard she's great here, hope so!

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Saw this last night, GREAT movie!!!!
SPFX were simply mind blowing

ETA: the trailer's effects were just a TASTE of the effects in the movie itself!!
edit on 10/7/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I just saw this film today. Great sfx, sound trac, but very weak on character, script and story.

Clooney and Bullock were imo just going thru the motions of acting and not very convincing in their roles.

If you are going to see this film pay the extra bucks for 3D. At least visually it will make up for what it lacks in plot.

I probably would have passed this movie by but my date wanted to see it and she like it.
edit on 8-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join