It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Men Are Raped In the US Than Women

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

So now when they are locking up hardened criminals ( harmless retired pot smokers ) they can ensure there is a high chance you'll be picking up the soap for big bubba, at least when you say the government are giving it to yous up the a_rse you can say it with conviction

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by benrl

The same goes for a prison system that became "FOR PROFIT" from companies like CCA.

Must be why Bush cronies passed the Three Strikes Law - build more prisons.

The problem is that non violent offenders go in, and hardened criminals come out. There is NO "rehabilitation".

It's a great shame for the USA, and the general militarization of the bureaucracy post-911 doesn't help matters.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Truly horrifying. The goal posts keep getting moved back on what we incarcerate for. The only people that should be incarcerated are violent offenders and politicians. Capacity quotas for privately owned prisons certainly doesn't help either. Maybe we should start thinking about making prison guards wear cameras so we can make sure they're actually monitoring prisoners and not encouraging pit fighting or looking the other way in order to punish a prisoner.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Killers and serial rapists deserve punishment, that is why they get locked up in maximum security facilities. To be honest I have no problem with them raping and killing themselves, its kind of poetic justice if you will and saves the tax payers some change.

People who commit lesser crimes go to normal prisons and deserve better treatment.

Even in maximum security faciliites they try to seperate the incarcerated into various groups and into various cell blocks. You cant really be 100% efficient in running a prison system when dealing with such folks.

Too much political correctness on this site and its not good. You dont rehab a psychopath, whether he was born one or developed into one. Its the wrong approach. What you rehab is people willing to change themselves by asking for help.

Let go of the emotion and be a realist!
edit on 9/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: minor correction

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I agree you can not rehabilitate a lot of these criminals, the solution is prevention and that means education. I can tell you that a majority of predators were victims themselves at some time in their life, and so what we have is a cycle of abuse. Prison obviously does not solve the problem in the least, it perpetuates it. These criminals should be separated from lower level criminals they don't deserve to be victimized.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Kali74
Truly horrifying. Maybe we should start thinking about making prison guards wear cameras so we can make sure they're actually monitoring prisoners and not encouraging pit fighting or looking the other way in order to punish a prisoner.

I would guess the reason these prisons do not have video cameras covering every square inch with recorders catching every moment for review is solely for that reason, so that a little more punishment can be meted out to whom ever the institution chooses and blame can be put upon another as may be desired.

The punishment is having one's liberties removed and being detained and taken out of society. Anything more that happens to a prisoner in custody is negligence on the part of their custodians or downright torture being applied or allowing it to be applied.

I don't agree with having a prison system except in rare instances of containing the violently uncontrollable insane. Whatever other "punishable" offenses are just normal societal aberrations and should be accepted behaviors and confined to sequestered communities where grievious "offenses" already occur in large number. I have no problem with thieves living among thieves, drunk drivers carousing inebriated and clashing with other intoxicated drivers, even murderers living among other murderers. That would be libertarian justice.

Lesser behavioral deviations could co-exist together as preferred lifestyles as states and counties that permit gambling, prostitution, substance consumption. We should consider also opening to alternative medical procedures permitted beyond what our traditional unionized allopathic medicine currently promotes and permits. The inverse could also be permitted as in a community ban on public alcohol consumption but permitting other substances that may be deemed less harmful or violence-provoking, smoking vs. non-smoking towns, and religious havens and spiritual retreat communities, etc.

I see no reason we should force-fit a one-size-fits-all societal morality code and punish violators. We should accommodate different views of freedom if we desire to have a truly elevated society.

edit on 11-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Man-on-man rape in the U.S. military branches is 53% of all their sexual assaults, and most experts think this is still an under-reported stat. And this long and terrifying article from GQ is heart-breaking ...

www.gq.com...
MALE MILITARY RAPE
"Sexual assault is alarmingly common in the U.S. military, and more than half of the victims are men. According to the Pentagon, thirty-eight military men are sexually assaulted every single day. These are the stories you never hear — because the culprits almost always go free, the survivors rarely speak, and no one in the military or Congress has done enough to stop it."

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Merlynn

Why would this be a feminist issue? This is prison rape, that's guys raping guys.

Why would this be a feminist issue?

There goes the Feminism is about "Equality" down the drain. Keep it up, sooner the people see for what it is, a hate cult, the better.

edit: Ooops just realized the thread is a necrobump.
edit on 9/25/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So what.
You don’t think there are enough women who get raped?
That’s just more proof that the MALE specious is the most violent beast on the planet...
It’s not WOMAN who are raping all these men!

So what’s your point?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree, the OP just further demonstrates that human males commit more violent sexual crime than females do.
I am sad to say I it didn't surprise me. I am male.

...oh and the points raised in this thread are absolutely as relevent today as they were in 2013, what could anyone think is wrong with a 'necrobump' when the debate is still equally valid today.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

This statistic was undoubtedly the most striking: in committing acts of domestic violence, more women than men (25 percent versus 11 percent) were responsible. In fact, in the 71 percent of nonreciprocal partner violence instances, the instigator was the woman. This flies in the face of the long-held belief that female aggression in a relationship is most often predicated on self-defense. Further, while injury was more likely when violence was perpetrated by men, in relationships that featured reciprocal violence men were injured more often (25 percent of the time) than women (20 percent of the time).

www.mintpressnews.com...

Seems greedy and selfish trying to further a gender agenda, to get "more" for yourself when it isn't deserved, and at the expense of males. Trying to piggy back off of males rather than walking on your on feet. Equality isn't taking advantage of either gender.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

Everyone is missing the point: Rape is more about power and psychologically terrorizing subjugation than about sex. Whether victims are female or male, and wherever it occurs, "someone" is more intent on breaking someone else down thru a violent attack on their most intimate sense of personal and private security. And like other forms of sexual abuse, it can scar someone for life.

Pedophilia is rampant in the MidEast, with old men "adopting" pretty little boys to molest for years. In Afghanistan, our own troops have expressed shock at all the native men consumed with "boy sex". And what happens when these abused boys grow up? Now outcasts and filled with self-loathing, they can't lash out at their now deceased abusers.

But they CAN start hating the paternalistic Superpower who seems to hate all the MidEast cultures by stoking endless wars there - the United States. So this creates a ready population of Jihadists, anxious to blow themselves and all Americans up to get to those thousand virgin women in the Hereafter, who'll finally prove that they really are Men after all ...

Something to think about.

www.theguardian.com...
THE HYPOCRISY OF CHILD ABUSE IN MANY MUSLIM COUNTRIES
"I recently saw the documentary on the 'Dancing Boys of Afghanistan'. It exposed an ancient custom called "bacha bazi" (boy for play), where rich men buy boys as young as 11 from impoverished families for sexual slavery. The boys are dressed in women's clothes and made to dance and sing at parties, before being carted away by the men for sex. Owning boys is considered a symbol of status and one former warlord boasted of having up to 3,000 boys over a 20-year period, even though he was married, with two sons. The involvement of the police and inaction of the government means this form of child prostitution is widespread."
edit on 26-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: ADD CONTENT

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: benrl

This whole thread made me think of this scene...

www.youtube.com...

LOL!....sorry

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join