It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

kaylaluv

MsAphrodite
reply to post by kaylaluv

Exactly, what's your point? It's still a tax. A tax that the person gets nothing in return for paying, except a mandate to buy insurance or pay a tax.

My point is, you are not supposed to get anything in return for paying a penalty tax. It's not the same thing as sales tax or income tax. Hence, the term "penalty" tax. It's like the penalty tax you pay for withdrawing your 401(k) funds before reaching retirement. Not everyone pays it -- only those who break the rules of the 401(k).

The penalty simply changes your current tax rate, by upping it 10%. This is for not following the rules of a qualified (tax sheltered) investment. It is to deter financial malfeasance (tax evasion) . . .

The healthcare "penalty" is for not following a government mandate of buying into a corporate sale item.

It would be like saying everyone has to pay the 10% penalty for not having a 401(k) . . . not the same in the least.
edit on 10/6/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
T he Morning Plum: Delusions and lies about Obamacare come back to haunt GOP leaders

That Thing About Congress Being ‘Exempted’ from Obamacare? Huge Whopper Lie.

Watch This Doctor Obliterate Insidious Lies About Obamacare In Under 7 Minutes! (video)

Republican Congressmen & Press Caught Lying About Obamacare

What Epic Propaganda Looks Like

Why Conservatives Are Saying Obamacare Could Take Your House

Right Wing Obamacare Myths DEBUNKED

Right-Wingers Infiltrate Print Media In Order to Spread Obamacare Lies

Now I love reading the replies about ObamaCare by the conservatives. It is usually full of lies and propaganda. When someone uses facts to counter their arguments, they are usually called shill, disinfo agents, obamabots..etc, nothing ever comes close to even countering the facts presented just a bunch of name calling.

I also love the fact they blame Obama for the government shut down..even though one their main graipes about Obama is he "supposedly" has a habit of blaming the right for his "supposed mistakes", yet they turn around and do the same exact thing, blaming him for their mess...
the right wing contradiction machine at it's best.

It is as someone once told me..the conservative party has the stupid vote locked in and as long these people are the main constituents, then the right will continue the dance of ignorance.

Keep lying, keep spreading propaganda..the only people listening are already on your side and you are winning no new headway. The people of America have heard the right wing BS machine enough, and have already shown the past election,,enough is enough.

Once again I post this question to the right wing..why were you cheering for the impeachment of Obama when you thought he was black man Kenya but have no issues with a white Canadian running the show in the republican party.

HAVE YOUR TRUE COLORS COME TO LIGHT..

link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am supposed to go around reading your posts?

Just because I use caps doesn’t mean I’m angry. I am not angry, I assure you. I know how you think by now, in-fact I could write your posts better than you can.

Anyway, you haven’t answered my question; it wasn’t about drones per se it was about whether you get the same angst over your tax money being used to murder children. Does that bother you?

Parenthetically, Obama and Bush both should be tried in a court for that, imo.

Though I have no problem with the terrorist personally being droned

link   

abecedarian

kaylaluv

MsAphrodite

Exactly, what's your point? It's still a tax. A tax that the person gets nothing in return for paying, except a mandate to buy insurance or pay a tax.

My point is, you are not supposed to get anything in return for paying a penalty tax. It's not the same thing as sales tax or income tax. Hence, the term "penalty" tax. It's like the penalty tax you pay for withdrawing your 401(k) funds before reaching retirement. Not everyone pays it -- only those who break the rules of the 401(k).

Which is it, penalty or tax?
Taxes go to pay for something, so what does this pay for?

Where does the penalty tax go that you pay to the government when you withdraw 401(k) funds before reaching retirement? It probably goes back into the system to fund more 401(k) plan costs. So the penalty tax under the healthcare law probably goes back into the system to fund federal healthcare costs.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

The penalty tax is for non-compliance of the laws.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

You should get to know your fellow members of the community sure.. ya..

Just because I use caps doesn’t mean I’m angry. I am not angry, I assure you. I know how you think by now, in-fact I could write your posts better than you can.

Welcome to the internet, since 1995 or so when you USE CAPS it mean you are yelling or PMS'ing about something..

Anyway, you haven’t answered my question; it wasn’t about drones per se it was about whether you get the same angst over your tax money being used to murder children. Does that bother you?

Derailing your own post, awesome that.

I know this post is way OT but we all know where i stand on this..

kaylaluv

You do know what this means right?

If you dont pay as I said earlier you could possibly goto jail.. Obama was asked about this before and he skirted around the question...
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

kaylaluv

abecedarian

kaylaluv

MsAphrodite

Which is it, penalty or tax?
Taxes go to pay for something, so what does this pay for?

Where does the penalty tax go that you pay to the government when you withdraw 401(k) funds before reaching retirement? It probably goes back into the system to fund more 401(k) plan costs. So the penalty tax under the healthcare law probably goes back into the system to fund federal healthcare costs.

First . . . the government doesn't "fund" 401(k) (btw 401(k) is just the tax code that these investments fall under), so no . . . that penalty is to deter circumvention of the tax code and goes into the general coffers of the Federal Gov.

Second . . . taxes aren't "earmarked". The government has a steady stream of income and steady outflow of costs. What the government spends their money on has nothing to do with where it came from.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Great post. Good information.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

kaylaluv

Negative ghost rider . . . it is used as a deterrence of using tax code to shelter investments.

EDIT - ERISA qualified plans are tax deferred contribution plans. You are NOT breaking the law when you withdrawal early . . . you are simply going against the rules set up to be adhered, for that plan to remain tax deferred until retirement. As a deterrence from using these plans as short term, tax deferred investments . . . the IRS adds a 10% penalty.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

Off topic, if you want to comment on my posts or thoughts, write a beezzer thread. Write a drones thread.

This thread is just a puff-piece about Obamacare. THEY get all this "free" stuff that I will be forced to payfor.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Again you all have avoided countering anything.

here it is again.

T he Morning Plum: Delusions and lies about Obamacare come back to haunt GOP leaders

That Thing About Congress Being ‘Exempted’ from Obamacare? Huge Whopper Lie.

Watch This Doctor Obliterate Insidious Lies About Obamacare In Under 7 Minutes! (video)

Republican Congressmen & Press Caught Lying About Obamacare

What Epic Propaganda Looks Like

Why Conservatives Are Saying Obamacare Could Take Your House

Right Wing Obamacare Myths DEBUNKED

Right-Wingers Infiltrate Print Media In Order to Spread Obamacare Lies

Now I love reading the replies about ObamaCare by the conservatives. It is usually full of lies and propaganda. When someone uses facts to counter their arguments, they are usually called shill, disinfo agents, obamabots..etc, nothing ever comes close to even countering the facts presented just a bunch of name calling.

I also love the fact they blame Obama for the government shut down..even though one their main gripes about Obama is he "supposedly" has a habit of blaming the right for his "supposed mistakes", yet they turn around and do the same exact thing, blaming him for their mess...
the right wing contradiction machine at it's best.

It is as someone once told me..the conservative party has the stupid vote locked in and as long these people are the main constituents, then the right will continue the dance of ignorance.

Keep lying, keep spreading propaganda..the only people listening are already on your side and you are winning no new headway. The people of America have heard the right wing BS machine enough, and have already shown the past election,,enough is enough.

Once again I post this question to the right wing..why were you cheering for the impeachment of Obama when you thought he was black man from Kenya but have no issues with a white Canadian running the show in the republican party.

HAVE YOUR TRUE COLORS COME TO LIGHT..

edit on 6-10-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Great thread on exactly what this thread attempts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I use the term parenthetically to imply that I am off topic.

How am I supposed to know every body’s opinion on drones?

I have been in the IT industry since the Lisa, I am aware of the Internet protocol.

It is not off topic to question the inner motives of people’s views, imo.

I mention the drones to elicit ones consistency.

One says they don’t like the government using their taxes for this or that.

I can question the consistency and motives of such a person.

I mention Obama and Bush to show the people who think I am an Obama agent how I feel about Obama

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The greatest success of the Affordable Care Act is:
It will make criminals out of most of the middle class
Or paupers, take your pick.
Mission accomplished.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your consistency is not off topic. Though I will let you off the hook this time. But beware of probing questions in the future.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

Your consistency is not off topic. Though I will let you off the hook this time. But beware of probing questions in the future.

*yawn*

Obamacare is bad. Putting a ribbon on a dog poo just makes it a pretty dog poo.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

If you believe that video, which is just a produced version of the lies the admin puts out about Obamacare with some not so funny demonization of those that don't understand the program, you are either naive or . . . well.

The video, once again, promotes the lie that Obamacare effects insurance rates by bringing them down. At best, the rates stay the same. However, when companies are required to take on more risk (pre-existing) everyone's premiums will go up . . . unless you choose for your deductibles to go up . . . or greatly increase your co-insurance rate.

Again . . . I have a life and health license . . . I'm actually able to spot the lies/propaganda pretty quickly. And, I don't care about Obama one bit . . . I would say the same thing about the program, if anyone from the red side of the aisle came up with it.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And here is one of the haters of Obama Care, I was talking about.

Nothing to counter just say it is full of lies..etc. No name calling yet.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

"Haters," Mr. Pot may you become more self aware...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

15 Myths The Media Should Ignore During Obamacare Implementation

Myth #2: Premium Prices Will Increase Due To Health Care Law

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join