It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Willtell

Okay…people who support the ACA, as flawed as it is, is supposed to just lie down and let the propaganda from the ACA haters be the only commentary available. Does the real world work that way?

The people who are unhappy with the affordable care act aren't the only ones speaking up, there are just so many more disgruntled americans than there are happy affordable care recipients.

Go on the gov't run obamacare facebook page. There are plenty of well stage pictures of shiny happy people and then there are thousands upon thousands of complaints about the plan.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It looks like all of the examples in the OP relate to the pre-existing conditions govt insurance plan (PCIP) - which took effect in 2010 as a temporary measure, and under 26 adult children being able to be on their parents' insurance, which also became effective in 2010. Why is this considered a hoax?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by solomons path

Okay…people who support the ACA, as flawed as it is, is supposed to just lie down and let the propaganda from the ACA haters be the only commentary available. Does the real world work that way?

Why don’t YOU start thinking and get out of your EMOTIONAL state.

Some actual light may get through!

The very pics presented in the OP are EMOTIONAL propaganda. As others have pointed out, its impossible for these people to have gotten coverage and received care in 6 days.

But others, such as myself, have given you personal real-life accounts on how the ACA has had a negative effect....long before its even taken hold.

Yes, the ACA is a creation of the Heritage Foundation and the Neo-Cons, but it was Obama and the Dems that pushed this, they are taking credit for it and when the whole things blows up like a bad science experiment.....they will get the blame.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You don't kill the man who owes you money because dead men pay no debts.

Your right about that. But it seems the government has sure twisted some laws around so that they can come after what you have left to your family upon your death!

They have all their angles covered in this great modern and civilized world that we now live in...

The Mafia were Saints compared to how our government operates anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

From what I understand, the PCIP program were voluntary in each state and has actually be "shut down" because most states and providers refused to participate.

Is that correct?
edit on 6-10-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

ThichHeaded

solomons path
I'm sure the multitude of people that have to fight the IRS, daily, would disagree.

He should ask the people at Ruby Ridge how that turned out..

He still has not shown proof these people where remotely helped via Obamacare...

Mods when do we call this a hoax?

I was thinking Ruby Ridge, Al Capone, etc...
It'll be like the revenuers versus the moonshiners.. or that kid on the bike from Better Off Dead.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I also wonder what those people had to pay in deductibles ?

I also wonder if deductibles were responsible for anybody who never were able to comment.
[ as in undertaker fees and deductions ]

And I wonder if those people can even deduct those contributing *expenses* from their tax returns ?

Hmmm.

IRS 1040 Sch A is tricky.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

kaylaluv
It looks like all of the examples in the OP relate to the pre-existing conditions govt insurance plan (PCIP) - which took effect in 2010 as a temporary measure, and under 26 adult children being able to be on their parents' insurance, which also became effective in 2010. Why is this considered a hoax?

Under 26...

Nope

Nope

I can go on but dont want to write all the code out..

Its a lie simple as that..

edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.taxhelpok.com...

I have fielded alot of questions on the Affordable Care Act (the "ACA") lately, and I have held off on my answers to see what the full ramifications of IRS enforcement will be. The answers are not coming quickly from the IRS or Congress, but here is what we know. The ACA requires all U.S. citizens to purchase insurance beginning in 2014. The United States Supreme Court has ruled that the ACA is constitutional as a tax, not as a matter of insterstate commerce. So, the lion's share of policing compliance with the ACA will be up to the IRS. However, the ACA prohibits many of the traditional methods the IRS uses in tax enforcement. The IRS cannot initiate civil or criminal penalties, file liens or levy (garnish) a taxpayer's bank accounts or wages or otherwise seize property to satisfy any unpaid ACA tax. Also, no interest can accrue on these tax penalties. The only practical way for the IRS to collect on penalties is to capture or withhold tax refunds from year to year until satisfied. So, in summary, you can't go to jail for failure to comply, but you could lose your refund. The IRS will also oversee many tax breaks and incentives to allow taxpayers to afford health insurance and penalize those not in compliance. Future employment of thousands more IRS agents and more changes to the already complex tax code are anticipatedreply to post by xuenchen

Because there are no criminal charges associated with not purchasing health insurance, and offenders only face a $95 fee, Larry Kocot, visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution, says some individuals many not feel obligated to get coverage. “It’s a decision individuals will have to make—there will be bigger consequences for dishonesty,” Kockot says. “The payment is not subject to criminal penalties, liens or levies. Essentially, the government can issue you a notice of payment or can collect this from your tax return.”

www.foxbusiness.com...

If the congress pot energy in getting rid of this 95 dollar fine, instead of shutting down the gov, it would go away
edit on 6-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Also, I'm not an Obamacare "hater" . . . even though the gov is lying through their teeth about what it means to the populace.

I have a pre-existing individual policy that is unaffected by this nonsense and I'm making quite a bit of money off of the program, through Healthcare driven mutual funds and a Healthcare REIT . . . so, what do I have to "hate" about it?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

beezzer
Who pays for the surgeries?

Who pays for the medical care?

Who pays for the medicine?

The same people who pay for

Cruise Missiles

F22 Stealth Bombers

Digging for WMDs in the Sand

With the exception that those things cost even more.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That $95 fine is just the first year and increases thereafter.

Not to mention the thousands of dollars my employer has to pay each year for not carrying insurance...there went my raise.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Willtell
www.taxhelpok.com...
I have fielded alot of questions on the Affordable Care Act (the "ACA") lately, and I have held off on my answers to see what the full ramifications of IRS enforcement will be. The answers are not coming quickly from the IRS or Congress, but here is what we know. The ACA requires all U.S. citizens to purchase insurance beginning in 2014. The United States Supreme Court has ruled that the ACA is constitutional as a tax, not as a matter of insterstate commerce. So, the lion's share of policing compliance with the ACA will be up to the IRS. However, the ACA prohibits many of the traditional methods the IRS uses in tax enforcement. The IRS cannot initiate civil or criminal penalties, file liens or levy (garnish) a taxpayer's bank accounts or wages or otherwise seize property to satisfy any unpaid ACA tax. Also, no interest can accrue on these tax penalties. The only practical way for the IRS to collect on penalties is to capture or withhold tax refunds from year to year until satisfied. So, in summary, you can't go to jail for failure to comply, but you could lose your refund. The IRS will also oversee many tax breaks and incentives to allow taxpayers to afford health insurance and penalize those not in compliance. Future employment of thousands more IRS agents and more changes to the already complex tax code are anticipatedreply to post by xuenchen

Then why do they ask for your bank account infomation? Seems legit.. (bold by me)

Because there are no criminal charges associated with not purchasing health insurance, and offenders only face a $95 fee, Larry Kocot, visiting fellow at the Brookings Institution, says some individuals many not feel obligated to get coverage. “It’s a decision individuals will have to make—there will be bigger consequences for dishonesty,” Kockot says. “The payment is not subject to criminal penalties, liens or levies. Essentially, the government can issue you a notice of payment or can collect this from your tax return.”

You know a some offenses criminally are subjected to fines also.. which also come with jail time if not paid..

You see, I don't work, I don't have a bank acct and I don't go on welfare... Therefor how are they going to collect their money from me because I aint paying this ins?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

xuenchen
I also wonder what those people had to pay in deductibles ?

I also wonder if deductibles were responsible for anybody who never were able to comment.
[ as in undertaker fees and deductions ]

And I wonder if those people can even deduct those contributing *expenses* from their tax returns ?

Hmmm.

IRS 1040 Sch A is tricky.

Not only that, but premiums, as well. No one in government is telling these people that their pre-existing conditions and prescriptions will cost them a lot of money to insure. . . . I'm pretty sure a majority of these people just thought that if they didn't have an employer plan they "couldn't get insurance" or "Medicaid". When the truth is they never even attempted to apply for an individual policy or Medicaid. They usually have only applied for their individual state sponsored programs and were told "you don't qualify" . . . I've already encountered several of these people where I live.

So they all think Obamacare is great and the reason that they now have a chance at insurance, when they only thing holding them back before was their inaction.
edit on 10/6/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

It is NOT a lie - the Federal High-Risk pool went into effect in 2010.

FEDERAL HEALTH REFORM - THE PATIENT PROTECTION AND AFFORDABLE CARE ACT INSURANCE REFORMS: KEY PROVISIONS THAT TAKE EFFECT IMMEDIATELY

Section 1101: ESTABLISHES AN INTERIM HIGH-RISK POOL PROGRAM
Provides immediate access to insurance for Americans who are uninsured because of a pre-existing condition.
Establishes a temporary national high-risk pool to provide health coverage to individuals with pre-existing medical conditions.
U.S. citizens and legal immigrants who have a pre-existing medical condition and who have been uninsured for at least six months will be eligible to enroll in the high-risk pool and receive subsidized premiums.
Premiums for the pool will be established based on a standard population and may vary by no more than a 4 to 1 ratio due to age.
The law appropriates $5 billion to finance the program.
The new pools are to be administered directly by a state or a nonprofit entity under contract. States may not reduce their current high risk pool efforts.
CMS has estimated that about 375,000 people may be eligible to sign up for the federally-funded high risk pools.
Premiums in the new federal pool are designed to be 10 percent to 50 percent lower than current state rates. Co-payments and deductibles are also expected to be considerably lower. Current beneficiaries in state high-risk pools could get the federal coverage only if they drop out of their state pool and remain uninsured for six months.
The high risk pool provision of the federal law became effective 90 days after enactment, June 21, 2010. Individual policies are offered for sale after July 1, 2010; the federal program remains legally in effect until January 1, 2014.

www.ncsl.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's NOT a fine. It's a tax. Plain and simple, the Supreme Court said so. It's a $95 tax to subsidize someone else's healthcare. The person paying the tax gets nothing in return, except of course a mandate to buy insurance or pay a tax for refusing to do so.

tax [taks] Show IPA
noun
a sum of money demanded by a government for its support or for specific facilities or services, levied upon incomes, property, sales, etc.
edit on 6-10-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

~Lucidity

beezzer
Who pays for the surgeries?

Who pays for the medical care?

Who pays for the medicine?

The same person who paid for their healthcare prior to "Obamacare." You.

If you got healthcare the cost that healthcare carried the burden. Most people think any healthcare not paid for by those who needed and got it even though they could not pay was carried by the government. It was not. It was carried by insurers, and hospitals and doctors raised their costs to cover the people who didn't pay. Pretty much the only time the government covered it was if the people qualified for Medicare/Medicaid or if there was some sort of special subsidy.

Exactly!

No steps have been taken to address the high costs or the fact that working people will have to shoulder this high cost, as before, and that it'll just go higher.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

The only problem is nobody can get on to register because they system is so screwed up..

The OP still has not shown proof any of these people were helped through Obamacare...
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

MsAphrodite

It's NOT a fine. It's a tax. Plain and simple, the Supreme Court said so. It's a $95 tax to subsidize someone else's healthcare. The person paying the tax gets nothing in return, except of course a mandate to buy insurance or pay a tax for refusing to do so.

tax [taks] Show IPA
noun
a sum of money demanded by a government for its support or for specific facilities or services, levied upon incomes, property, sales, etc.
edit on 6-10-2013 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

There is such a thing as a penalty tax.

Definition

Local or federal punitive tax applied to deter non-compliance, such as underpayment of income tax or disregard of the rules governing a business activity.

Read more: www.investorwords.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You also pay for the drones that kill children. Does that bother you?

We know you don't give a dam about starving children in America or that many of them die because they have no health insurance, but I wonder how you feel that your precious tax money is going to MURDER!
DO YOU RANT AND RAVE ABOUT THAT?
DO YOU LOOSE ANY SLEEP OVER THAT?
edit on 6-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join