It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I have it for a couple more months but thanks to my wife being laid off, I'll be looking for insurance. It's expensive here in NYC, more so since I'll be insuring my wife and two kids as well. I've run the numbers. It'll cost me between $20,000- $30,000 for a decent plan that doesn't have an opressive deductible. That's with, or without, the CACA, sorry ACA.

It's going to cost me as much as it would if I self-insured.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

The IRS has no enforcement authority. The fines likely will be unenforced, I hear.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You still not showing proof that Obamacare has helped these people..

You really need to get with the proof... This is straight out hoax.....

Proof or just admit there is none..

Willtell

The IRS has no enforcement authority. The fines likely will be unenforced, I hear.

This is a lie, ask Wesley Snipes..
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Actually some of what went into the ACA was first supported by the GOP. But when Obama adapted it all of a sudden they were against it.

That must be the malarkey that was explored 20 years ago.

None of it even came out of committee that anybody remembers.

And, it was designed to expose the silliness.

The PPACA got zero votes from Republicans in 2009.

PPACA had/has support of Obama, Democrats, and most Left Wing NGOs.

They own it 100%.

And the major beneficiaries are corporations and banks.

What does *THAT* tell us ?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I would have no problem with ACA if wages kept up with the costs of living. They haven't. Over the past 15 years of my working life, wages are fairly stagnant. With this, there has been a steady increase in every living cost from food, rent, to gas. There seems to be no disposable income in today's world. Certainly not enough to support a mandated enrollment in a health care program which costs hundreds of extra dollars a month. I used to have insurance when I was in my 20's and times changed I couldn't afford it. This is why I cut it off, and this is why I cannot afford to turn it back on. Until wages increase or the value of the dollar increases, ACA will be a thorn in my side. That said.

For 2014 the fine you have to pay if you don't get insurance is like $285. Even if this is per person would save me greatly. I could even put money aside for real medical emergencies and still come out ahead of what I would pay an insurer. Why do we need insurance middle men anyway? Seems to me we could just pay hospitals directly for potential future care.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, a very large percentage of citizens are susceptible to this obvious propaganda barrage.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Willtell
One can tell the op hit a sore spot by all the vitriol by the anti-insurance mob.

How many of you mobsters DON’T HAVE health insurance?

Now don’t lie just to make a point.

I know this op hurts you.
It doesn’t confirm your notions.

Sure this ACA isn’t perfect, but we could have had a better system, maybe based on a Canadian or German model, BUT THE GOP don’t want universal health insurance for all. They didn't cooperate with the attempt to have it in this country.

Actually some of what went into the ACA was first supported by the GOP. But when Obama adapted it all of a sudden they were against it.

edit on 6-10-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

Uh...YOU're the OP.
But no worries...a lot of new OFA paid trolls just joined ATS...in time to propagandize the Obamacare launch...You'll get the hang of things soon.
Cheers.

edit on 6-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
another example of this short sighted right now attitude that people continue to live by, it may do all sorts of good for a few years but at what cost to the future?
this will mark the beginning of the government takeover via sabotage of the private health care industry from within.
once their position is strong enough look forward to a massive tax increase, having limitations on your every day activities and your rights being forced upon you, all for your sake. where adults will become children who forget how to take care of themselves and others, fools who wont mind being overtly controlled and manipulated as long as they are cared for by the magnanimous oh so wonderful government.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Well, your emotional plea, aside . . . the OP is still a HOAX.

Outside of the personal mandate, expanded Medicaid, and pre-existing condition mandate to the insurance companies . . . nothing has changed in the way insurance companies do business.

If the gov wanted to get into the health care business . . . I would like to see a system like UK or Canada, as well. Unfortunately, all they are doing is telling this country's citizens they have to purchase health care or else. For those that previously could not get coverage, due to pre-existing conditions, the gov is telling the health care companies that they have to cover. However, this is only going to make premiums/deductibles rise. If the health care companies have to take on greater risk (pre-existing) than they will require greater compensation from all to make up that risk.

Huffington Post piece is simply a propaganda piece (HOAX) to make people think it is working, as their is no way their stories can be true, unless these people are simply buying into the lies coming from the administration and are assuming this is what will happen to them.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The IRS has said that someone who doesn't pay the "fine" won't go to jail because they cannot jail you for not paying a fine but they can put a levy on your bank account, garnish wages and put a lien on your home.

Incidentally, the IRS doesn't have the authority to jail anyone but they manage to get the courts to impose jail time fairly frequently so, while they can't, directly, jail someone for not paying the "fine," they can have them imprisoned if they want to make an example of someone.

That's the only reason they ever put somone in jail, to set an example. Why else would you take someone who owes you money and put them in a position to not pay you back for an even longer amount of time? Think of it like a loan shark or a bookie. You don't kill the man who owes you money because dead men pay no debts.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Crakeur

I have it for a couple more months but thanks to my wife being laid off, I'll be looking for insurance. It's expensive here in NYC, more so since I'll be insuring my wife and two kids as well. I've run the numbers. It'll cost me between $20,000- $30,000 for a decent plan that doesn't have an opressive deductible. That's with, or without, the CACA, sorry ACA.

It's going to cost me as much as it would if I self-insured.

Essentially the exchanges are nothing more than search engines to quote you the lowest priced policies for your income level and needs. You could get the same quote from a site like eIsurance.

You are purchasing an individual policy . . . that is why the costs are the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Aren’t you the guy I took through moral logic and reason 101

I think you should review your lessons.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What was that ? You *Hear* ?

How about looking at what you *SEE*.....

The IRS has unbelievable enforcement authority.

Not to mention the millions of dollars already appropriated to the IRS !!!

Too many to quote here;
IRS Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions
____

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I too am curious about when and how this people became recipients of Obama Care. I may be wrong but it only became federally mandated on my job as of 10/01/13.

I have never seen a person in my brief time (8+ years) in my present field, refused hospitalization or treatment because they didn't have insurance. In fact, I have seen just the opposite. I have seen people with what they thought was very good insurance, that they paid large sums of money, over a long period of time, sent home because their insurance companies demanded it and threatened refusal of payment if patient was kept in hospital, one additional day, where people without insurance would stay for "months" until it was indisputably clear, that all measures to resolve the condition had been exhausted.

I have even heard of cases were patients have stayed in hospital for years (awaiting the outcome of an active law suit by another hospital) without being forcibly released by the hospital when the patient refused to go, even when the patient was no longer receiving hospital level care.

I have seen patients without insurance or income receive, chemo therapy, surgeries, physical therapy, all the same services available and provided to those with insurance. I am not going to say that I agree with how many used the system before; that is another thread, but it is more than disingenuous to say that these people would have been without treatment without Obama Care.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Okay…people who support the ACA, as flawed as it is, is supposed to just lie down and let the propaganda from the ACA haters be the only commentary available. Does the real world work that way?

Why don’t YOU start thinking and get out of your EMOTIONAL state.

Some actual light may get through!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Willtell

That's why thousands of people, a year, are prosecuted for tax evasion . . . they have no "enforcement authority"?

I'm sure the multitude of people that have to fight the IRS, daily, would disagree.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

beezzer
Who pays for the surgeries?

Who pays for the medical care?

Who pays for the medicine?

The same person who paid for their healthcare prior to "Obamacare." You.

If you got healthcare the cost that healthcare carried the burden. Most people think any healthcare not paid for by those who needed and got it even though they could not pay was carried by the government. It was not. It was carried by insurers, and hospitals and doctors raised their costs to cover the people who didn't pay. Pretty much the only time the government covered it was if the people qualified for Medicare/Medicaid or if there was some sort of special subsidy.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by xuenchen

Aren’t you the guy I took through moral logic and reason 101

I think you should review your lessons.

Sorry Professor.
Too many people are learning the *hard* way !!!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by solomons path

Okay…people who support the ACA, as flawed as it is, is supposed to just lie down and let the propaganda from the ACA haters be the only commentary available. Does the real world work that way?

Why don’t YOU start thinking and get out of your EMOTIONAL state.

Some actual light may get through!

Seems the only one getting emotional is you . . . I'm not the one writing in caps . . . I'm simply explaining to you how it works and why the Huff Post piece is a HOAX. Don't get mad at me because the Huff Post posted propaganda that goes against the actual nuts and bolts of this program . . . get mad at them for lying to you.

Okay…people who support the ACA, as flawed as it is, is supposed to just lie down and let the propaganda from the ACA haters be the only commentary available.

So you are basically saying it's okay for them to lie, in order to balance out any lies from the other side . . . Seems like a great program wouldn't have to result to lying . . . seems the benefits should be self-evident.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

solomons path
I'm sure the multitude of people that have to fight the IRS, daily, would disagree.

He should ask the people at Ruby Ridge how that turned out..

He still has not shown proof these people where remotely helped via Obamacare...

Mods when do we call this a hoax?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join