It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Might Hate Obamacare, But It's Saved These People's Lives "

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The thing about Obamacare, beyond all the political rhetoric, is that is will save peoples lives and helps many to better health.

I don’t think it is perfect but what could be done in an era where half the politicians, mainly GOPers, don’t want national healthcare like every other civilized country in the world.

Here are examples of real people, could have been any one of us, getting real life aid from the ACA or Obamacare.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Well, I'm convinced. But, just to make sure, can you put up some more people holding cardboard signs that affirm their confidence in the ACA?

+36 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Who pays for the surgeries?

Who pays for the medical care?

Who pays for the medicine?

+82 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I am Obamacare

I am 33 and in decent health. For many years now, I have not carried insurance for my wife and I because it was more important for us to have insurance for our children and the price of it was quite high.

Now that Obamcare has come along, the insurance policy we had for our children has been dropped and a comparable plan is over $250 more than it was previously. So not only do I have to pay more to insure my children, that were already insured before Obamacare, I have to find a plan that will cover my wife and I.....or pay the fine.

It's been pretty hard trying to support and raise a family in modern America and now it's become much harder.

Thanks Obama!

edit on 6-10-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To be fair there are may good things to the ACA.

Implementation and budgeting is not one of them.

Sure I want everyone in america to have health care, but if its cost is a Cluster-f)(& the likes of which the nation has never seen...

While thanks, Ill pass until they can produce something better.

Whats needed is Cost control among the INS industry, # like hard price limits on meds and procedures, thats why prices are out of control and no one can afford ins...

ACA has been lobbied into the INS companies pockets, why is it the top insurers are producing record profits when this bill is supposed to be such a strain on them?

WE need massive reform in our medical industry, not legislation that adds more bureaucracy.

THere where so many better ideas than this, from Beefing up medicaid, to a public option, all tore apart and changed by both sides to make this as big as an abortion as possible.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

In a small way, they are right. Only due to the fact the AHA does not allow the insurance companies to deny them insurance.

I am wondering what their thoughts will be when they find out the price tag of what they will have to pay for their insurance though...

Also, once the IPAB gets put in place, how will that affect what treatments these folks will be able to get?

Too many unknowns at this point to know whether or not these peoples lives will be saved or not.....

They may be holding up entirely different signs a year from now.
edit on 6-10-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You, beez, were going to go into your bank account and take out what we need!

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you are really up on Obamacare, you should give them a call..

1-800-F1U-CKYO
1-800-318-2596

Really legit # to call them so you can give them all of your information over the phone that any identity theft would dream over..

Not only that They clearly tell you that you are screwed as soon as you call them.. Its easily in the phone number..

For the record I will not sign up for this... If the president doesn't need it neither do we.

reply to post by beezzer

Leprechauns?
edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Now there you go, great. You have at least offered positive ideas, not just tore down something.
Any thing has to evolve to a better state, the ACA can definitely get better.

(post by Metallicus removed for political trolling and baiting)
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
propaganda hard at work..There is no greater hatred than that born out of affection spurned and trust betrayed. Yesterday, the media loved Chad Henderson. Today, they hate him.

He, along with a handful of other individuals, were recently the subject of profiles in the press demonstrating both how navigable the exchange system is and how they are benefiting under the Affordable Care Act. It’s difficult to overstate how absurd the media coverage of Henderson’s reportedly successful effort to sign up to health care exchange has been.

Henderson’s story was particularly attractive. He was precisely what the media, and the White House, needed: a young, ostensibly healthy individual willing to pay a substantial portion of the meager income into the system so that it can support older, more chronically ill patients who will be partaking in health care services regularly.

In the media’s rush to make a star out of Henderson, they failed to vet him thoroughly. Most of the press missed the fact that Henderson is a current political activist and Organizing for America volunteer. Somewhat more egregiously, they also missed the fact that Henderson’s story was not true.

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What a load of garbage. "I am Obamacare"? How about "I am Obamabot"?
The propaganda here is obvious, from the bold type "change" and "hope", the giant Obama logo in the background to the "I am Obamacare" chant. But what else would you expect from the Huffington post? They've been huffing something, thats for sure, if they expect me to believe this.

edit on 6-10-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

My husbands premiums have gone from $268.00 a month (employer paid) to almost $600.00 a month. His employer can no longer afford to insure his employees. The deductible will be almost $13,000- it was $7,000 previously. Co-pay has gone form 20% t0 40%. NOT AFFORDABLE! As long as private insurance companies are in the mix, the cost will continue to go up...and we MUST obey the law! Obviously, politicians don't believe in karma.

+39 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There is no way some of these can be true.

Like the lady who said she couldn't get her uteran tumors removed but thanks to Obamacare, she now had the surgery? Um, ACA went live like four days ago and hardly anyone can get through. So she was the .000001% who made it through the glitchy sign up process AND she already had her surgery/has been approved to have surgery? I call shenanigans. It doesn't work that fast. lol

Or the guy working two jobs. I can almost guarantee he makes too much to get it fully free. Not to mention, when adding his premiums + deductibles, he'd still be paying in the thousands. Or the lady with the elderly mother.

ACA JUST went live with nothing but problems and very few being able to register. But these blessed people magically made their way through and had all the procedures done? I don't buy it.

Sorry if I'm wrong.
edit on 10/6/2013 by AshleyD because: Spelling errors.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Willtell
reply to post by beezzer

You, beez, were going to go into your bank account and take out what we need!

That statement is truer than you realize.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Willtell
The thing about Obamacare, beyond all the political rhetoric, is that is will save peoples lives and helps many to better health.

And how many people are going to suffer with unemployment because of it?
And how many people who are now unemployed because of it will no longer
have health insurance .. and won't be able to afford the new 'affordable' Obamacare?

I think your post is a partisan and short sighted.

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm, sure those people in those pictures opinion of ObamaCare will change when they find out how much money they will have to pay out of their own pockets to get the life saving treatments they are saying they CAN get. It will cost a fortune, which is why I'll pay the fine.
edit on 6-10-2013 by WhoDat09 because: error

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't think anyone disagrees that the system was broken. This fix is nothing more than the best they could come up while still trying to work within the broken system. It's like the post office trying to make money without recognizing the changes to their business environment, or the music industry trying to sell records in a digital age. It's a bad fix that isn't going to do the trick.

That being said, these staged photos are sad. I think the hundreds, if not thousands, of online complaints are far more believable than some well lit, PR firms version of the now happily insured.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ya I agree with Ashley...

How tf can any of this be true if it isn't even a week old and most people cant even get on it because of all the crap that's going on..

of 363,000 people in Kansas that don't have ins, none have been able to get on because of the problems the site/ number is facing..

This post should go in the HOAX bin...

edit on 10/6/2013 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

" Here are examples of real people, could have been any one of us, getting real life aid from the ACA or Obamacare. "

Ah , you wouldn't happen to have the NAMES and ADDRESSES of these Paid Hired Actors would you ? Hmm. Thought Not.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join