It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum vacuum plasma thruster and Warp Drive.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Kashai
A ship like this could make it to the nearest star within 11 months. In so far as our solar system, the Oort cloud, being the furthest objects in our solar system, is a light year away (about 3 months travel one way).

Keep in mind that 10 times the speed of light would be 18,600,000 miles per second. Mars at its closest is about 56 million miles away and with Saturn about 500 million miles away.

I know the articles all say Dr White said warp drive would result in 10c travel. but that is not the whole story. that figure is derived from assuming the ship was travelling at .1c prior to turning on the warp. Dr White thinks his warp will multiply real space speeds by a factor of 100. so if you were travelling at .99c in real space your global speed would be 990 times light speed.

essentially just a little over a 3rd of a day per light year.

and you should be able to go just under 1000c if you were travelling at 99.99 (etc) light speed. the limit therefore appears to be 1000 c. the rest of it depends on the efficiency and dimensions or shape of the warp field. so it is possible he could get more speed out of it if he found he could modulate the permitivity of space to a greater extent than he currently believes he can. (thatss the bit where he varies the warp boundary layer to decrease the energy requirement for his warp ring.
edit on 29-1-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: typos

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Bizarre to read all this. What will we be doing in 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000 years if we're still around? Will we be stuck at under light speed?

Something tells me it has to be wrong. It's too strange. Moreso, if something like this is possible wouldn't other intelligences be using it? Where?

If it wasn't enough that other intelligences have had time to populate our whole galaxy millions of years ago even at under light speed, something that would allow them to much faster than light speed would make it even more likely. Does this mean we must be alone since there's not visible evidence of aliens?

Could we detect these Q-thrusters or these warp drives by examining the cosmos around us for their signatures? We might see aliens out there.

What will we be like in 10,000 years? Extinct? One wonders. I think I'm real and other things around me are real, so we come from somewhere, and we're going somewhere too. Where? I guess only the future knows.
edit on 30-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

jonnywhite

Could we detect these Q-thrusters or these warp drives by examining the cosmos around us for their signatures? We might see aliens out there.

edit on 30-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)
that depends on how one interprets what happens to photons caught in the warp field. some people say that it would irradiate the ship and irradiate the destination with gamma rays. in that case you would be able to see a pattern of gamma ray bursts away from objects that are known gamma ray sources. say in space lanes or near planets or at the edges of planetary systems where space craft come out of warp.

But Dr White disputes the blue shift and photon accumulation objection and had a pretty good argument for it.

if it did though and you were an alien would you want an earth ship frying your planet with a gamma ray burst when they arrive to say howdy new neighbor?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stormbringer1701

In the Star Trek fictional genre Warp 10 is 1500 that of light so based upon what your are saying we will be able to hit about Warp 8?

That places a star in any direction within a 1000 light years away one years travel.

They have found a rocky Earth sized planet about 1000 light years away....

Link

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Kashai

In the Star Trek fictional genre Warp 10 is 1500 that of light so based upon what your are saying we will be able to hit about Warp 8?

That places a star in any direction within a 1000 light years away one years travel.

They have found a rocky Earth sized planet about 1000 light years away....

Link

in the old pre-retconned scale warp ten would be 10000c WF * C^3. they later added a cochrane factor then went to a exponential logrithym where warp ten was infinite speed. the scale was ignored. often at warp 8 you could go a thousand light years in a few hours or days at most. it depended on the pacing of the plot.

if there is anything to Dr White's interpretation of Alcubierre's warp physics you can probably change one of several factors to optimize the speed. Dr White said this himself. multiplication can profoundly amplify even the slightest improvement in any one factor or the system since the whole system consists of several components.

edit on 31-1-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The Starship Enterprise reached a standard cruising speed of warp factor 6, or 216 times the speed of light. It reached a maximum cruising speed of warp factor 9.2, which was 779 times the speed of light. The maximum overall speed was warp factor 9.6, 885 times the speed of light.

Source

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Kashai

The Starship Enterprise reached a standard cruising speed of warp factor 6, or 216 times the speed of light. It reached a maximum cruising speed of warp factor 9.2, which was 779 times the speed of light. The maximum overall speed was warp factor 9.6, 885 times the speed of light.

Source

all well and good but at 365 times the speed of light it would take 4.26 days to get to proxima. wolf 359 was 7 days away. picard at the far edge of the federation bacause SF didn't trust him when it came to the borg pop up within a few minutes of travel in time to destroy a borg cube attacking earth? it should have taken days. they go as fast as the writers need.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Off topic, I know but the Enterprise was already in pursuit of the Borg cube prior to the Battle of Wolf 359 and was damaged, leading it to miss the battle itself but able to get back to Sol in time- it was just prior, during an away mission, that Picard was assimilated.

On topic - I am excited by this. It wasn't long ago this was all shrugged off as fanciful nonsense, now it is entering the realms of "possible" with the energy requirements coming down and now actual research into the theory taking place. Give it another 10 years and we might even have a working theory for non-chemical propulsion, if not an FTL drive itself.
edit on 1/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

stumason

Off topic, I know but the Enterprise was already in pursuit of the Borg cube prior to the Battle of Wolf 359 and was damaged, leading it to miss the battle itself but able to get back to Sol in time- it was just prior, during an away mission, that Picard was assimilated.

On topic - I am excited by this. It wasn't long ago this was all shrugged off as fanciful nonsense, now it is entering the realms of "possible" with the energy requirements coming down and now actual research into the theory taking place. Give it another 10 years and we might even have a working theory for non-chemical propulsion, if not an FTL drive itself.
edit on 1/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)
It's even better than that. Alcubierre type warp drives are not the only Apparent FTL relativity loophole that now have some scientific support. one way or another we may be able to do it. My personal opinion is that we will accomplish it and the preliminary scientific discoveries will occur within the next decade. that does not mean immediately afterwards we will be sailing the stars but that at that point the fact that we can do it will be indisputable.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

"It's even better than that. Alcubierre type warp drives are not the only Apparent FTL relativity loophole that now have some scientific support."

Would you care to present the information on alternatives?

It is still fun to watch

edit on 2-2-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Kashai

any sort of gravity modification basically can function as a warp drive. there are multiple methods that are speculated to alter gravity that many people from fringers to actual respected credentialed scientists at respected organizations who investigate GUT-like connections to gravity by the other acknowledged forces.

for example investigating a connection between electromagnetism and super conductivity two notable examples were Podkletnov who has not recanted his claims despite NASA failure to replicate (because they did not follow his protocols wrt test article size, composition and rotation speed) and even better Martin Tajmar at the ESA who discovered the Gravity equivelent to the London Moment.

arxiv.org...

Lazar made a claim a decade or so ago that the strong force and gravity are essentially the same force which was completely unsupported by science and ridiculed ...until Sakurai Prize winning teams of Physicists published a paper mathematically linking Gluons to the QM graviton and suggesting twisting up or pairing up a pair of gluons results in a graviton.

www.preposterousuniverse.com...

Along the way, Zvi, John Joseph and Henrik, thanks to the time-honored method of “just staring at” the loop integrand provided by unitarity, also stumbled on a new property of gauge theory amplitudes, which tightly couples them to gravity. They found that gauge theory amplitudes can be written in such a way that their kinematic part obeys relations that are structurally identical to the Jacobi identities known to fans of Lie algebras. This so-called color-kinematics duality, when achieved, leads to a simple “double copy” prescription for computing amplitudes in suitable theories of gravity: Take the gauge theory amplitude, remove the color factors and square the kinematic numerator factors. Crudely, a graviton looks very much like two gluons laid on top of each other. If you’ve ever looked at the Feynman rules for gravity, you’d be shocked that such a simple prescription could ever work, but it does. Although these relations could in principle have been discovered without unitarity-based methods, the power of the methods to provide very simple expressions, led people to find initial patterns, and then easily test the patterns in many other examples to gain confidence.

thousands of fringers the world over and the occasional respected scientists, most of their ideas about gravity control seem to revolve around the same sort of protocol with a few exceptions. they all involve a high speed rotating mass usually of special material and sometimes super cooled. they usually involve electromagnetic fields applied to the process and exotic materials like bismuth or mercury. even the ancient Hindu's agreed:

from the Samaranga Sutradhara:

‘Inside the circular air frame, place the mercury-engine with its solar mercury boiler at the aircraft center. By means of the power latent in the heated mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in a most marvellous manner. Four strong mercury containers must be built into the interior structure. When these have been heated by fire through solar or other sources the Vimana (aircraft) develops thunder-power through the mercury.

anyway i could look up tons more with a emphasis on peer reviewed stuff rather than fringe but i don't have time right now

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
from the Samaranga Sutradhara:

‘Inside the circular air frame, place the mercury-engine with its solar mercury boiler at the aircraft center. By means of the power latent in the heated mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in a most marvellous manner. Four strong mercury containers must be built into the interior structure. When these have been heated by fire through solar or other sources the Vimana (aircraft) develops thunder-power through the mercury. reply to post by stormbringer1701

Actually I know something about this in relation to Western Hemispheric ancient legends. The mercury was what, were the bubbles, in what effectively was a Sonoluminescence event (through another medium). In context one should also consider that with regards to Mayan Sound Technology prior to constructing a full scale object like a Pyramid or a Ball Court. Models for the purposes of fine tuning were initially built and those themselves developed into a useful technology.

I wanted to thank you for your input as well as all other members to this thread

edit on 3-2-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

I once called myself Toltec in this forum.

Any thoughts?
edit on 3-2-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

It would be much easier for TPTB to have a cull on the population.
If I was King of the world It would be one of the first things on my to do list...but Iam evil Boymonkey today

Back to the OP I just wish I will be alive to be part of the next voyage of discovery.
edit on 3-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Kashai

O.K. here is another that is actually fairly respectable. Dr Woodward's Mach effect derived space warp:

vimeo.com...

and a thread on it both for and against over at the NASA Advanced Propulsion Concepts forum:

forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

Woodward is not your typical fringer or kook. he is slow rolling his experiments to get a good (irrefutable) sigma level before he makes any sort of pronouncement. clearly he believes in it but he is following proper scientific protocols.

i tried a search here but found nothing on it in the archives so i may do a thread on it later.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
here is a link to woodward stuff and more:

ssi.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I doubt that a Quantum fusion thruster is feasible...but a fusion plasma thruster --- that requires fusion plasma [generated from magnetically confined fusion power generation] using deuterium atoms in water that is stored in tanks onboard --- might be required for a photon propulsion unit on a starship; in places that lack starlight photons for fuel.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 28-3-2015 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 28-3-2015 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

What show ? If they don't go... No show.

Why wouldn't they send the volunteers ? Even if the explode, ratings will be of the charts.
Besides, it's a Dutch company that is creating this possibility, and the Dutch usually hold their end of the agreement.

It was the Dutch who stated the east india company, look how that grew.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join