It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa To have big anouncement Changed from Nov 13th to Oct 6th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

skyblueworld
Do people remember In November of 2010, NASA issued a press release announcing a news conference at which a discovery would be revealed that would “impact the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life.”?
This press release was intentionally vague, and generated lots of excitement and publicity for the announcement. The big reveal ended up being about arsenic-based bacteria living in a California lake.

The arsenic-based life (life that uses arsenic as the "backbone" for DNA rather than the phosphorus that all DNA on Earth is known to use) would have been HUGE news -- one for the history books (or at least the biology books) -- if it turned out to actually be true. That discovery has since been found to be NOT true. Other scientists could not replicate the findings of the original claims.

If life was found that swapped arsenic for the usual phosphorus in DNA, that life would be so fundamentally different than all other life in Earth that it would essentially mean that life on Earth had two totally separate geneses.

That would be ground-breaking discovery, because if life on Earth started twice -- on two totally separate and unrelated occasions, then that could mean life can start relatively easily. Even if one of those two forms of life started elsewhere (think panspermia), that that would still mean that the genesis of life could be an extremely common event.

So, yeah...life that uses arsenic in DNA in lieu of the normal phosphorus would be an extremely huge discovery. However, it was not true.

Arsenic-Life Discovery Debunked—But "Alien" Organism Still Odd

edit on 10/4/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You realize that this big announcement is about them shutting down right? Not aliens.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Nomad451
You realize that this big announcement is about them shutting down right? Not aliens.

If NASA was shutting down (which they aren't), this is not the way they would announce it.

...unless you mean due to the impasse in Washington DC right now, which has basically shutdown the government. However, even if that's what you mean, they STILL would not use this method to tell people they are temporarily shutting down. Why would they need to tell us?

I mean, first and foremost, why would they use a non-NASA/non-government website?

edit on 10/4/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Blinkydoo
I had to reply because, this isn't some sort of hoax to get email addresses. It is something called an ARG or Alternate Reality Game. They are used for everything from fun to viral marketing. It is a game. Now I havent confirmed this over at the ARG site I use but the whois data is the same for many many ARG's to protect people, called puppetmasters, from getting hacked or inundated with emails asking for help. For more about ARG's in general Check Unfiction

My guess is that this has something to do with the new space movie coming out - Gravity.

But anyway, according to my ARG buddies at work, this one is viral marketing for something, the countdown is for the game/marketing to start. When the clock runs out, you will most likely have to scour the page for clues in anything from the coding, to messages hidden in sound files, to the lamer versions that give you direct links to everything.

Not something I've ever really gotten into, but I find the concept really interesting, and I thought the one related to the Nine Inch Nails album, Year Zero was kind of interestingly done.

And regarding this being an email collection scam... if that were the case, why would they roll back the "revelation date" to something sooner, rather than later? One would think if their goal was to collect emails to sell, the more the merrier, right? And more time = more addresses. So why would they decide to end the countdown early, if this was the case?

To that I will add, learning how to use throwaway email accounts is a great thing. It wouldn't quite work for this, but there are even sites out there that will give you a temp email account for about an hour or so, during which you can check its mail, etc, and after which it turns back into a pumpkin or something.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Nomad451

nasa does much more than put men on the moon, they launch and maintain most of the satellites,
monitor weather,etc... N.A.S.A. shutting down, better chance of the lockness monster robbing a
fruit stand

P.S. already debunked hoax,made by two guys as a joke.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Oh dear, rumbled the day after putting their site live so they have had to act fast and pull the date back so they can move onto their next scam.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I do believe a member here on ATS is the owner of rememberthe13th.com . On OCT 2nd I checked the site and it was hosted on the same IP address as rockstarannouncement.com and opblackout.com and I posted my findings here on ATS.

Now the owner has moved the site to a different IP address and its no longer hosted on the same IP as opblackout.com or rockstarannouncement.com. Actually rockstarannouncement.com has been taken down as well, the site was up on OCT 2nd.

Just seems fishy, soon as it was posted on ATS that it was on the same IP address the owner changes it.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

desertguy

TerrorAlertRed
dontrememberthe13th.tk...

Great find! I guess it is case closed, is 100% hoax !

great find? the analysis of that website was already posted many times here on ATS, this link is just a site made to make fun of the original hoax website, made by some ATS member. yeah, 'great find' indeed. if i'll make a site in 5 minutes, saying that US dollars are printed in china and that federal reserve is a hoax and doesn't exist, will you believe it as well?

people, do your OWN research, god damn it. half of you writes posts like you're brain dead, the other half didn't even bother to click the damn link in the first post, because then you would notice that there is NO field to enter your email address anymore - since quite some time. so why post crap, making yourself look like some bunch of fools with an IQ below the level of the average monkey, when you can just let those gullible wait several hours more to find out it was a hoax? noone will get hurt by that, there's no email harvesting on that website anymore, which you would know if you would click the link and check it out before posting your own biased, rushed and based on 'facts' long gone, opinion, equal to BS.

if the average stupidity of ATS poster is supposed to be way above the level of the average of humanity, i don't wanna know what that average is.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing, original thread, which has been reopened. If it is labeled hoax it will be tagged and moved.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apologies for the confusion regarding this topic, there were several different threads among other issues.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join