It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Capitol on lockdown after shots fired

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
link

I just came across this on yahoo... very scary situation indeed, i thought that whole area was a gun free zone..

please post updates as they come in

The US Capitol has been placed on lockdown following reports of gunfire outside the building.
US Capitol Police say at least one officer has been injured.
People standing outside the Supreme Court across the street from Congress were hurried into the court building by authorities.
Sky News US correspondent Amanda Walker, who is in Washington, said she heard a series of shots within minutes of each other before police swarmed the area.

edit on 3/10/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Fox News

does anyone know what the current situation is... i notice twitter is buzzing but i don't think twitter is a reliable source

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank God shooting people is illegal.

Is this a gun free zone ?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

xuenchen

I really have no idea what you mean....

i always thought that Washington D.C and capitol hill in particular had very strict rules regarding firearms

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Senator Claire McCaskill reports on Twitter that shots have been fired outside the Capitol:

Shots fired outside the Capitol. We are in temporary lock down.

— Claire McCaskill (@clairecmc) October 3, 2013

One House member says the "shooter has been arrested."

I am told shooter has been arrested. House floor activity stopped for now.

— Tim Griffin (@TimGriffinAR2) October 3, 2013

And there's this:

The Capitol is on lockdown pic.twitter.com/SvTD5GdKcd via @learyreports

— HuffPost Politics (@HuffPostPol) October 3, 2013

What's being displayed on Capitol TVs right now pic.twitter.com/dZVtYCW5iJ (via @mmcauliff)

— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) October 3, 2013

www.weeklystandard.com...

somebody else said dozens of shots fired !!!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Wait. We have been expecting a DHS drill to begin in area 3, right? I refuse to get my adrenaline going just yet.
Nor will I pay any attention to any MSM on the subject. Not going to get sucked in this time. They will make it all as real as possible. The question for me though is: In the end, will there be any real casualties?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

thanks xuenchen..

so the report of dozens of shots was false and the shooter has been arrested... that is good news, the last thing the world needs right now is another psychopath going on a rampage

link   

Ph03n1x

xuenchen

i always thought that Washington D.C and capitol hill in particular had very strict rules regarding firearms

Just because they have rules doesn't mean that someone can't fire a gun if they are pee'd off does it? What does a mad man with a gun care about rules?

link   

Gunshots have been fired outside of the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C.

A U.S. Capitol Police source tells National Journal that members of the USCP are among the injured, but the actual number is not confirmed. The House went into recess a little before 2:30 p.m. The lockdown at the Capitol appears to have lifted a little before 3:00 p.m. The White House is currently on lock-down.

NBC's Pete Williams is reported that the incident started with "an attempted breach" at the white House, which resulted in a car chase towards the Capitol. ABC reports that a female suspect is dead on the scene.

Reporters and people at the Capitol were told to shelter in place, but that order was lifted before 3. At that point, there were NCIS and FBI officers on the scene. Capitol police are out and armed on the sidewalks of the building, moving tourists away.

Capitol Police sent this alert out to Congressional offices, with a "Shelter in Place!" subject line:

Gunshots Outside Capitol, Reports of Injuries

TV says lockdown ended. People shot.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

davethebear

Ph03n1x

xuenchen

Just because they have rules doesn't mean that someone can't fire a gun if they are pee'd off does it? What does a mad man with a gun care about rules?

i get that madmen don't follow rules, i just assumed that the area would have such high security getting shots off would be difficult

then again the same could be said for the navy yard

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for more to follow. People are fed up with DC and quite frankly, I am surprised there aren't masses of armed citizens marching on DC. If this were 1776 you can bet they would be!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I don't think the majority are paying enough attention to care about what the political situation is... it's the same all over the world.. what confuses me is during the civil rights movement millions of people organised political protests and yet we cant match it with all our social networks and technology.. it's truly sad

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Posted multiple times in several forums. Main thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
www.broadcastify.com...

WASHINGTON DC EMS LIVE FEED ... LISTEN TO THE COPS AND FIRST RESPONDERS LIVE

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks flyersfan, i was hoping someone would come along and post something like that...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

I think the main reason is back then you didn't have DHS and other gestapo like departments trying to arrest and detain anyone who disagreed with them.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
From what I have heard so far is that the only people that were doing the shooting were the DC police officers. The female suspect did not fire any shots and she was MENTALLY unstable.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kommie88

thanks for the update kommie do you have a source.....

also i notice you have very few posts for someone who has been a member that long, i feel honored you chose to participate in my thread

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Only happens in the USA!

Its not the gun though... it's the occupier of the gun. Guns alone dont hurt people.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Only happens in the USA!

Its not the gun though... it's the occupier of the gun. Guns alone dont hurt people.

Apparently, you missed the part that stated it was the authorities that fired their weapons, not the suspect.

2nd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join