It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Shutdown Spreads to D-Day Beaches of Normandy & Cemeteries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Obama's shutdown?

I didn't realize Obama had a vote in Congress...did Obama veto a bill that caused the shutdown???

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Obama just announced that he is doubling down on his shutdown.

He is making it very clear that he not only wants his shutdown to continue, but that he wants it to be as painful to the American public as possible. His latest veto threat will prevent national parks from opening, NIH funding for children with cancer to get treatment, VA benefits to be paid, back pay to be given to workers...etc.

White House threatens veto on new piecemeal spending bills

President Obama would veto 10 government funding bills that the House is set to vote on in the coming days, the White House said Friday.

"The administration strongly opposes House passage of piecemeal fiscal year 2014 appropriations legislation that restores only very limited activities," the Office of Management and Budget said in a statement of administration policy. The bills Obama would veto are H.J. Res. 75, H.J. Res. 76, H.J. Res. 77, H.J. Res. 78, H.J. Res. 79, H.J. Res. 80, H.J. Res. 82, H.J. Res. 83, H.J. Res. 84, and H.J. Res. 85.

www.politico.com...

edit on 4-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

And he should veto anything that isn't a full clean CR.

Not like he will have to, it won't make it through the Senate...his statement is just backing up Senate Democrats and letting them know he is with them.

We don't piecemeal our government funding...the Tea Party needs to man up and admit their defeat, pass a clean CR and move on.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

"We don't piecemeal our government funding..."
-AlienScience

GOVERNMENT IS NORMALLY FUNDED BY 'PIECEMEAL' BILLS

Since the government shutdown, House and Senate Republicans have proposed restoring funding to specific agencies or government functions while the parties seek consensus on the larger issues. The House has proposed legislation to reopen the National Parks, the National Institutes for Health and the Veterans Administration, among others. Democrats have flatly refused, dismissing the GOP efforts as "piecemeal" approaches. The thing is, however, government is normally funded by such a "piecemeal" approach.

Before the Senate decided some five years ago that it would no longer take the trouble of passing a budget, the government was largely funded through the appropriations process. Around a dozen separate appropriations bills, each covering one or two federal agencies, made their way through Congress. Some passed through Congress easily. Others took much longer and witnessed more sustained and impassioned debate.

It was not uncommon for Congress to approach a fiscal year deadline with funding for a handful of agencies still in doubt. Congress's regular order for funding the government, in other words, was a "piecemeal" approach.

More:
www.breitbart.com...
edit on 4-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: Quote added

edit on 4-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

neformore
Why are people trying to blame Obama for this when the Republicans are the ones who caused it by wanting to defund something that was passed through congress and declared consitutional?

Thats like trying to blame an apple for being an orange.

Any excuse to blame Obama for the biggest piece of political stupidity that the Republicans have ever committed.

What is so wrong with trying to balance the budget? Households aren't allowed to run their finances the way the government does. How many banks would let a family just borrow and borrow and borrow with no means to pay it back?
edit on 5-10-2013 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Doesn't really matter how they will feel because he won't on the ticket.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
More nonsense from Repugs, trying to blame everyone else for something they did.

Republicans blocked conference calls 18 times on the budget this past year, instead they stumped and filibustered to get the shutdown, or have you already forgotten Cruz's speech? (which he now blames on Reid).

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I find it odd that people are STILL blaming Republicans for this. I'm young and healthy, I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR HEALTHCARE I DO NOT NEED NOR WANT! If that means that little Billy can't take a look at grandads grave stone, I don't give a crap.
Grandad is dead...its time to move the frick on already. I never understood why say, Vietnam vets feel the need to visit some stupid wall with a bunch of names on it anyway. For crisake....get on with your lives already!!

On a side note, what kind of cost does a damn parking lot in Mt. Vernon have anyway? You pave em, then leave em for a decade. It certainly seems that Obama could not play golf for a week, or not have a private flight to Hawaii for his ugly dog and instead pay for the national monuments to stay open.

Saddest part about this is that the 80 year old WW2 vets have more testicular fortitude than the rest of the men in this wussified country seeing as they removed the barriers at their monument right in the face of LE...and got away with it.

Buncha wussies in the USA for sure...and you all deserve to lie in the bed you made when hiring the minority in chief. Racist or not...its the simple truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Mount Rushmore is being closed down as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If i should die, think only this of me.
That there is some corner of a foreign field
that is forever England.
There shall be
In that rich earth
a richer dust concealed;
A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,
gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
A body of England's breathing English air,
washed by the rivers, blest by suns of home.
The Soldier - Rupert Brookes.

That is why they should rest where they fall.
The ground they occupy is the land they came to free, and they completed their mission.
They stay their now to guard it's freedom forever, loyal to their cause and their brothers who fell by their side in battle.

edit on 7-10-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join