It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can a d- 20 system be converted into an abacus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
so if you were to use an abacus with as many beads per side of all gaming dices assigned to each string in order to display scores per roll or x amount of beads set in the middle marking rolls protagonistic or antagonitsic outcomes for the player or non player character, could it be a possible score display possibly transcending audio abundance if need be or if played in a quiet setting? move this thread if you need to, yes you can start a dnd game on this thread, if you decide to sidequest just idunno u2u eachother or something. who's got dice?
edit on 3-10-2013 by rockoperawriter because: why am i editing? i'm drunk that's who!! nyeah!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

rockoperawriter
so if you were to use an abacus with as many beads per side of all gaming dices assigned to each string in order to display scores per roll or x amount of beads set in the middle marking rolls protagonistic or antagonitsic outcomes for the player or non player character, could it be a possible score display possibly transcending audio abundance if need be or if played in a quiet setting? move this thread if you need to, yes you can start a dnd game on this thread, if you decide to sidequest just idunno u2u eachother or something. who's got dice?
edit on 3-10-2013 by rockoperawriter because: why am i editing? i'm drunk that's who!! nyeah!

With in ear headphones? or really good noise cancelling buds? You don't specify.

Ohhhh you've been on the turps. This raises a whole new problem. Not only do you not specify the auditory machines required, but now you omit the required goggles in order to see.

How many fingers am I holding up?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yup I think he has been on the whiskey again

Just get a fabled D1000

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

no diablo II and jagermeister

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Great combo dude keep it up

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Maybe I am missing something but,

How would you determine a random outcome on an abacus?

Thats the thing about dice, rolling them generates a random result. How would this be achieved using an abacus?

Perhaps it could be done using a catalog of variables or situational modifiers in coordination with the character's stats...

Speaking from personal experience, designing game systems is a real MF'er.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Holy Buckets.

You mean he made sense to you guys?

Oo

*Takes his hat off* I bow to you mr RockOpera.. you are skilled in the art of jagerposting.

all I ever did on that stuff was forget where I put the bottle and hope the homeless guy I was talking to didn't take offense as I said no... as he tried to skull it. oh maddog, you barking lunatic..

nothing worse then forgetting where you put an almost full bottle of jager.. but you then realise, that if you cant remember, it was most likely near the empty side of full.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

winofiend.

How many fingers am I holding up?

i said two fingers winofiend!

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

so a golfball might be a d-1000 alright i'm getting a sharpie and a microscope.

top topics

join