It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid on Funding NIH to Treat Kids With Cancer: "Why Would We Want to Do That?"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Totally freaking unbelievable. But there it is anyway. What a tool. Reid, that is.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

IAMTAT
This really puts it all in context.
Harry Reid and Senate Democrats really just want to shut down the government...and KEEP it shut down, in what is quickly becoming a vain attempt to try to shift the blame from Obama's falling fortunes and polling numbers by trying to demonize Republicans in the House.

Since this is a conspiracy site I will throw some Palace intrigue out there...

Maybe shutting the government down is what the Dems had in mind... After all if the Legislative Branch cant get their house in order, it means an easier case can be made by Obama for using executive orders to bypass the log jam.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Proof positive there is something disturbing going on in the minds of the Washington elite,

Under a spell, I tell you, under a spell.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

demongoat

Tardacus
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

The republicans are willing to fund the NIH and other things during the shutdown,the democrats said no they aren`t going to approve funding for anything until the shutdown is over.
How do you even negotiate with people who hold children with cancer as hostages? They obviously have no compassion for anyone or anything they only care about themselves.

try reading what he said, he wasn't doing anything like that, he was pointing out why anyone gets to cherry pick who gets help over someone else.
basically, why one groups gets treatment over another when they all need help. that is what the republicans want to do.

You do realize that the bills put forward by the house funded all aspects of the government(including programs the republicans didn't side with) EXCEPT OBAMACARE.

Senate democrats could have kept this from happening but instead of delaying the train wreck we just changed its track into the path of the economy, wait till they collide.

Someone else theorized they shut the government down for ulterior motives, interesting thought. That's a pretty interesting theory, hell they still get paid why wouldn't they want the gov shut down? It just puts more distance between themselves and the "commoners" or "serfs" as they see us.

They don't see themselves as one of us, hell they quickly yanked the resolution to remove the government healthcare subsidy they all enjoy, that would've saved millions but it related to the trainwreck so they were quick to kill the measure.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Shadowcast because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2013 by Shadowcast because: auto correct

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

Looking to this from Europe , it is unbelievable.What's wrong with health care for every one (almost)?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kanakaris

Everyone who can afford it, from Europe you don't see the sheer number of jobs firing employees or cutting their pay, hours, health benefits our in many cases all three. What good is universal healthcare if no one can afford it?

edit on 3-10-2013 by Shadowcast because: auto correct

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There are a lot of short-sighted people on this sight waiting to read whatever they want into a hypothetical question...disturbing. So, you think laws should be changed to help one person and screw the rest? ok. A lot of you are the same people that call for taking needed welfare from families because a few abuse it. kind of hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

Unfortunately, the President, himself, has no problem personally changing the rules of his own law to help a few (Obamacare exemptions, carve-outs and subsidies for select businesses & lawmakers) while screwing the many (average citizens).

One would think that we are ALL equal under the law; that politicians and political cronies would be subject to the same laws as are their constituents.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This is nothing new and Presidents have been changing the rules for decades now. They are all corrupt.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hey, Einstein! Reid and the Senate didn't shut down the governemt, Congress and the ego-inspired Tea Party/GOP did. You want to take quotes out of context, fine, go ahead. But get your fact straight. Reid is saying that individual exemptions are not going to be made, which would only lessen the effect the GOPs arrogant refusal to cooperate is having on their reputaion. What Reid said has NOTHING to do with denying treatment to a sick girl. The GOP's shut down of the government has EVERYTHING to do with them not giving a crap about sick girls, healthy boys or anyone else that isn't in the pocket of big business, like the Tea Party, and the GOP. You guys would be funny if you weren't so GD wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

Well the house bill that went to the Senate PASSED the house. That Bill funded every aspect of the government minus obamacare. That wasn't enough compromise to Reid and co who demanded an all or nothing approach.

Final down vote came from the Senate, they shut the government down rather than compromise. As much as you want to blames house republicans fact remains they passed a budget, democrats vetoed it.

edit on 3-10-2013 by Shadowcast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Coming from a guy who's been fighting cancer on and off for over 15 years, I wouldn't be suprised at all if this Harry Reid guy gets cancer... what a POS

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Dear god rep are making sure they wont win the next election.

The way the american media was spining it obama was murdering the usa, now you guys make him look like the good guy.

Dont you guys want to get the presidents spot

And no i dont vote dem or rep

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Thats nice wishing someone cancer
edit on 3-10-2013 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

TownCryer
Hey, Einstein! Reid and the Senate didn't shut down the governemt, Congress and the ego-inspired Tea Party/GOP did. You want to take quotes out of context, fine, go ahead. But get your fact straight. Reid is saying that individual exemptions are not going to be made, which would only lessen the effect the GOPs arrogant refusal to cooperate is having on their reputaion. What Reid said has NOTHING to do with denying treatment to a sick girl. The GOP's shut down of the government has EVERYTHING to do with them not giving a crap about sick girls, healthy boys or anyone else that isn't in the pocket of big business, like the Tea Party, and the GOP. You guys would be funny if you weren't so GD wrong.

Isn't it always that someone who leans more left is usually the first one to throw insults?

Is it so hard to simply say "I don't agree with you because of X, Y, and Z" I guess so.

Not trying to single you out, you were simply the last one in a long line, that finally pushed me to ask that.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

Apparently you and the Democrats are ignoring the part that gives the power of the purse to Congress. Just because the President and one branch of the Congress is democratically conrolled does not mean the branch that is not controlled must roll over.

As for the comment about exemptions you need to research the exemptions the OPM has alrady issued to businesses. Lets not forget about the Email the Dem Senators sent out telling their people not to enroll just yet until they can nail down the specifics to keep letting the American taxpayers pay for their health insurance when the same is not given to the American people.

The House has sent over speaning bills dealing with each segment of the government yet Reid refuses to allow votes on them.

By all means though keep towing the White House / Democratic / MSNBC party line.

I would rather see the government shut down than continue spending like a bunch of drunken yuppies (on both sides).
edit on 3-10-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Wake up. All Boner has to do is call for a vote on a clean bill and the crisis is over. A minority of Right wing extremists in one house of congress are now running the country?????

Your mind is being controlled by the media. Turn off Fox news. Clear your mind. Research to find the bottom line.
Don't believe limbaugh or idiots on Fox. Their shills for billionaires.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ya... why would we help those darn cancer kids. I need a paycheck, darn it. Besides.... if the kid dies then I won't have to worry about him voting against me and I'll be here forever!!!! Muahahahahahaha!

LOL!

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
My daughter is a cancer survivor at 5 years old. This one child means the world their family. Denying chemo to a child with cancer is by all means killing them. I will pray for the kid and family.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Congress is supposed to fund the government piece-meal, it's not an all-or-nothing proposition like the idiots in Washington have maneuvered us into. It's disgusting that Harry Reid is blaspheming the U.S. Constitution like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join