It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid on Funding NIH to Treat Kids With Cancer: "Why Would We Want to Do That?"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This really puts it all in context.
Harry Reid and Senate Democrats really just want to shut down the government...and KEEP it shut down, in what is quickly becoming a vain attempt to try to shift the blame from Obama's falling fortunes and polling numbers by trying to demonize Republicans in the House.

Harry Reid and these guys are truly heartless...and their desperation and sleazy political machinations know no bounds.

Reid's new political mantra should be: THE PUBLIC BE DAMNED!...We will not negotiate...regardless of who gets hurt.

Believe it or not, THIS is truly what Harry Reid said when interviewed by CNN's Dana Bash:

Reid: ‘Why Would We Want To’ Help One Kid With Cancer?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) asked why Senate Democrats would want to fund the National Institutes of Health to “help one child who has cancer” Wednesday when asked that question by CNN reporter Dana Bash.

DANA BASH: You all talked about children with cancer unable to go to clinical trials. The House is presumably going to pass a bill that funds at least the NIH. Given what you’ve said, will you at least pass that? And if not, aren’t you playing the same political games that Republicans are?

HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.

BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –

BASH: I’m just asking a question.

Full exchange:
freebeacon.com...

townhall.com...

finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 2-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded?

I think a little thing called the constitution gives them that right.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Save the house by burning it the to ground... I see...

..and Harry thinks the public will see him as someone to shake hands with when it's over? Oh..is HE in for the shock of his pathetic life if that is his delusion.

10% approval rates for Congress as reported a couple days ago? Well..those covered Congress as a whole as I'd read about it. It wasn't party specific. It means 90% actually agree on something. Congress sucks...and Scary Harry runs half of it.

He needs a reality check in a real bad way. Too bad Nevada couldn't supply him with one ..but hell.. look who he won against? It may as well have been uncontested for the chances it ever had.
edit on 2-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

..and Harry thinks the public will see him as someone to shake hands with when it's over?

So far as I can see, they really are enamored with him. Some folks around express discontent with his foolishness from the left but, I think it has more to do with shedding baggage than ideological disagreement. The same goes for the anti-Obama trend but, I'll take what I can get.
edit on 2-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wow...if you guys ever met a robot, THATS ONE RIGHT THERE, STATS AN STATS AND MORE STATS....
Well, I think it's time for somebody to come in and take over that position, he clearly has no humanity left.

Now that I think of it, all those CTs on him being a reptilian might just be true, as no sane human would say something as ignorant and ridiculous as this.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did the other party worry when they went to a shutdown knowing tnis would happen? They knew all these repercussions would happen too.

They have you in their matrix. It's a game to them. All of them. AMERICA is done watching all politicians play with all of us. It's an endless circle of blame and no responsibility....by ALL.

And children and veterans are paying their way to play. Disgusting on all sides. The party is over...both of them.
edit on 2-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

What right do they have? Congress holds the power of the purse. And in a representative government, the representatives are supposed to convey the will of the people. And the people they represent don't want obamacare, but they want the rest of government to be funded. Why won't the dems just agree to go to conference over the issue to get it solved? Why will the president negotiate with Syria and Iran and Russia but not the citizens of the United States of America? No one party is to blame here. It is all of them. They all need to get their sh!t together and do their jobs. Or else they need to be ousted, replaced, and above all else, not paid. We don't get paid for not getting the job done. What makes them think they are so special?
edit on 2-10-2013 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

You know, Harry may come out of it okay. Thinking about this more? He's been great at one thing during his term in office. Pinning back blame and deflecting anger. When Pelosi was Speaker, he was happy to let her take it and she seemed happy to draw it. Now? He knows he can't make a direct enemy out of Boehner, so he blames every republican while blaming none specifically.

Reid is a weasel...but I'll give them man credit for one thing. That is what a true professional politician looks like. Professional and skilled. It doesn't mean good to our political thinking...but competent beyond most.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

The republicans are willing to fund the NIH and other things during the shutdown,the democrats said no they aren`t going to approve funding for anything until the shutdown is over.
How do you even negotiate with people who hold children with cancer as hostages? They obviously have no compassion for anyone or anything they only care about themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

IAMTAT
This really puts it all in context.
Harry Reid and Senate Democrats really just want to shut down the government...and KEEP it shut down, in what is quickly becoming a vain attempt to try to shift the blame from Obama's falling fortunes and polling numbers by trying to demonize Republicans in the House.

Harry Reid and these guys are truly heartless...and their desperation and sleazy political machinations know no bounds.

Reid's new political mantra should be: THE PUBLIC BE DAMNED!...We will not negotiate...regardless of who gets hurt.

Believe it or not, THIS is truly what Harry Reid said when interviewed by CNN's Dana Bash:

this was a hypothetical question being asked, this is his response in relation to how the republicans are acting, he isn't planning on doing such a thing.

chill out and take a deep breath.

here is a quote from him about his answer: Reid said on his comments “the whole answer is this….why would we want to have the House of Representatives, John Boehner, cherry pick what stays open and what should be closed.”

it's about the fact that the house was cherry picking what should or shouldn't be open before they shut the government down.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Tardacus
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

The republicans are willing to fund the NIH and other things during the shutdown,the democrats said no they aren`t going to approve funding for anything until the shutdown is over.
How do you even negotiate with people who hold children with cancer as hostages? They obviously have no compassion for anyone or anything they only care about themselves.

try reading what he said, he wasn't doing anything like that, he was pointing out why anyone gets to cherry pick who gets help over someone else.
basically, why one groups gets treatment over another when they all need help. that is what the republicans want to do.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Harry Reid does NOT work for the people. have you noticed he was not laid off?

He works for the Federal Reserve, as the US is bankrupt and can't afford to pay anyone. Right now you can see that quirk, he's still employed by the very company that is said to be engaged in shutdown? No, he's employed by the Fed, and he serves them very, very well, he's a good employee of The Federal Reserve Banking System - good for him.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Politicians usually don't say what they mean...However, in this case, I believe Reid was speaking as he felt.
This man is so partisan and such a vicious political animal that, in the heat of the moment, we ALL got to see the true Harry Reid.

Is the man evil?...No...but Damn near!

edit on 2-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nothing like a bit of a Freudian slip to show Reid's true colors. This guy wants to make the shutdown painful for political gain, without any concern for collateral damage. It's not like the republicans are innocent in the matter as well but at least they are attempting to fund parts of the government which some would rely on to live.

As for cherry picking, Congress does this all the time, and the fact that the House has the power of the purse gives them every right to cherry pick. If this is such a dirty trick, we can go back to the days when the democrats controlled the house and "deemed" Obamacare to pass.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

demongoat
it's about the fact that the house was cherry picking what should or shouldn't be open before they shut the government down.

It kind of reminds me where Obama got to cherry pick who gets to be exempt from the Affordable Care Act. I wonder what part of the Constitution that comes from?
edit on 2-10-2013 by Vikus because: oops

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Sorry I just saw your reply. Both parties knew this would happen in a shutdown. They ALL knew. And it happened anyway. That's where the two party system leads.

This country needs to go color blind and stop seeing everything as red or blue.

Personally I think the only way to fix this, all of it, is for individual states toto seize the Federal taxing authority to provide the services civilization requires themselves.

Somebody has to provide this safety net. Now. And the Fed has become derelict.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

And heeeeerrrzz Harry !!!!

He got the big lump in his throat this time.
They are getting desperate.....very very desperate..

sad really.

" Harry Reid: 'Why Would We Want To' Help One Kid With Cancer? "

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can think of a number of things that aren't necessary to fund just off the top of my head - the EPA, the Dept. of Education, The Dept of Energy - I think the republicans should go line by line of what should be funded, and what should not be funded - BY GOD - do not fund the IRS and we might actually get our country back--------

Better yet - just get rid of the Dept of Injustice, run by Eric Holder ------
edit on 2-10-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
True side of his character is revealed. So many nasty/crazy politicians out there, it's scary to wonder how they got pass the system and not sent to the "nut house".

Wouldn't be surprising if he blamed it on his speech writer or the on-air prompter or an ear piece comm.

I hope those who voted for him and the other monsters on both parties are paying attention to all that's going on.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Lostmymarbles because: grammer, typing on a tablet can be maddening

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by xuenchen

I can think of a number of things that aren't necessary to fund just off the top of my head - the EPA, the Dept. of Education, The Dept of Energy - I think the republicans should go line by line of what should be funded, and what should not be funded - BY GOD - do not fund the IRS and we might actually get our country back--------

Better yet - just get rid of the Dept of Injustice, run by Eric Holder ------
edit on 2-10-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

who took your country?
the voters that dont agree with you and voted these people into office?
the majority?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join